Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] Bill.K9KZ@gmail.com is offline

Default Home Theater Vs Stereo

wrote:
record hunter wrote:
wrote:
Well I went to Ovation in Indy today to check out their equipment. They
have 2 Titans for $198 brand new. The salesman demonstrated 2 Titans Vs
4 Titans. I must say that 4 sounded much better than 2 using the same
stereo receiver. The Titans sounded quite solid for as small as they
are. I didn't realize how small they really are. I guess the first
thing I'll do is buy 4 Titans and try them in my HT. The salesman said
that the biggest improvement in a system is made by using better
speaker wires. Then comes speakers according to him. Well I certainly
didn't know that.

Bill

What are you shopping for, Bill, a new HT, a multichannel music system
(for which relatively few recordings exist), or a 2-channel
music-listening system?

A very good question indeed! I have an HT that sounds very good for
music even though the front and rear speakers are a joke. I'm hoping
that 4 good speakers would help a lot. If not, I would buy a stereo
receiver to use with the 4 and sub. I actually have no interest in HT
and am trying to see if what I have will do for music. If not I will
buy a stereo receiver, possibly the Harman Kardon 3480 receiver. I'm
happy with my Kenwood sub. So if I discard my Kenwood 5.1 receiver I
will have the HK3480, 4 Titans and the Kenwood sub for music only.

Bill

Well DUHHHHH,

I just discovered something. I've had my HT running of my computer for
quite a while. I connected my HT to a portable radio and now I'm
getting much more sound from my front speakers. So it seems that my
sound card is part of the problem. It definitely sounds better. I guess
I need to hook up my CD player.

Bill
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Kalman Rubinson Kalman Rubinson is offline

On 14 Nov 2006 04:14:32 GMT, "record hunter"
wrote:

I have not heard them, but I think Kal said he liked them.

FWIW: I was speaking about the 20s which I use for surrounds but have
used more conventionally in the past. I have never used 40s but have
heard good things about them. I do use 60s which I think are
excellent.

Kal