scat131

Default buying a headunit

alright im buying a new headunit this week and i just want to make sure
i know all there is to know before soembody tries to rip me off, what
should i know ? how many watts do i want, should i get one with an amp
in it, etc? i plan on buying subs/amp also later on so keep taht in
mind

btw not that it matters but im getting a headunit with aux inputs so i
can hook up my mp3 player and also with a cd player
--
scat131
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=155162

scat131

ok, ne1 else id like to get more replys before i spend a couple hundred
dollars on something i have no information on
--
scat131
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=155162

Brad

celicacrazy wrote in message ...
Personally I'm not a big fan of Pioneer, but Eclipse and Alpine? Most
definitely. Eclipse can run on the high $ side as opposed to Alpine
units, especially because Alpine units are a lot easier to find for
cheap on the internet. I just dropped $285 shipped to get the Alpine
CDA-9813 (MSRP $399), and it is just what I was looking for... mp3/CD,
listed at 27x4 RMS, highly functional EQ, internal crossover, and good
pre-amp outputs. Yes, aux input too. If you're lookig for a good head
unit you probably won't go worng with Alpine - just decide on the
features you want and run down the list of Alpine models til you find
what you're looking for (unlike Rockford, etc., they have lots to
choose from), then scope out ebay and some internet outlets to find a
good price. One suggestion... Alpine will NOT honor the 1 year
warranty if you buy the unit from anyplace other than an authorized
dealer, so make sure they're authorized

I am currently looking at the ALpine 9815 which ALpine mentions has an
aux input as well. Where is that? Is it on the back? I would make
sense to have that sort of access on the front of the head unit so
that you can plug whatever new format unit into your headunit that you
might want to. Who knows what the next piece of hardware you are
going to have that might be able to plug into your head unit.
mixmastersmike

An alpine or jvc-sh99 are both good units. Both have aux input and mp3
compatability. The jvc-sh99 has 4volt r/f/s rca outs, and great EQ
with Q width settings. An Eclipse is probably one of the best, allthough
as celicacrazy said is on the pricey side.

MMS
--
mixmastersmike
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=155162

celicacrazy

I am currently looking at the ALpine 9815 which ALpine mentions has
an
aux input as well.

Brad,
As far as I know after checking out some specs and my manual, I think
the differences between the 9813 and 9815 are minimal. The 9815 seems
to have more text input/view ability, and it has the i-personalize
feature which allows you to download custom EQ settings from the Alpine
website, store them on CD, and hen transfer them to the HU. Other than
that I think the units are pretty much identical, so if you don't care
too much for the added features you might save $50 to $100 (retail) by
going with the 9813. Just a thought... oh, an dont take my info here
to be absolutely true, because i'm not sure those are the only
differences. Just thought you might want to check it out.

cc

--
celicacrazy