Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dieter Britz[_3_] Dieter Britz[_3_] is offline

Default Chaining mp3 files

I have almost come to grips with Audacity and my Behringer
UCA 122. I digitised both sides of a cassette, using the pause
button in between, but it ended up only keeping the second side.
I work under Linus, and as an experiment I just tried chaining
two short mp3 files using cat. They did play both, but Amarok
didn't seem to know that the second half was there, although it
played it. By that I mean that it kept displaing the name of the
first piece whiloe playing the second, and didn't display any
time information after the first half.

Is there anything wrong with doing this? I am thinking of exporting
the first side of the cassette, and then joining it onto the second
side, making one mp3 file. Or are there programs to do this "properly",
as there are for. e.g., for pdf files?
--
Dieter Britz
Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

Dieter Britz wrote:
I have almost come to grips with Audacity and my Behringer
UCA 122. I digitised both sides of a cassette, using the pause
button in between, but it ended up only keeping the second side.
I work under Linus, and as an experiment I just tried chaining
two short mp3 files using cat. They did play both, but Amarok
didn't seem to know that the second half was there, although it
played it. By that I mean that it kept displaing the name of the
first piece whiloe playing the second, and didn't display any
time information after the first half.

Is there anything wrong with doing this? I am thinking of exporting
the first side of the cassette, and then joining it onto the second
side, making one mp3 file. Or are there programs to do this
"properly", as there are for. e.g., for pdf files?

Join the 'real world' of computing and you'll find hundreds of programs that
do this and more, in a intuitive and easy workflow.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Loki Harfagr Loki Harfagr is offline

Tue, 03 Dec 2013 09:14:43 +1300, geoff did catÂ*:

Dieter Britz wrote:
[...]

a bit late, though, since this group is not exactly goin' on a whole lotta shakin'
I may complete the answer for the OP, what he's hoping for is a "playlist", and
the main and simplest 'real world computing' format of a multimedia playlist of
this kind is the M3U (a simple text list), he might also like and check the
Creative Commons RDF format (well, it's an RDF hence a bit more subhuman )

and of course there are other lesser formats but for the OPs described tasks I'd
bet for the M3U (and even M3U8 as he seems to be using Unicode)

Mic snakes and daisy chaining [email protected] Pro Audio 14 July 6th 08 02:00 PM
Pre-amp/compressor chaining question jeffontheleft Pro Audio 3 March 17th 07 08:11 AM
Daisy chaining amps? [email protected] Car Audio 2 April 12th 06 01:50 PM
side chaining on a DAW 2mb Pro Audio 6 November 27th 03 06:44 AM
Kenwood - daisy chaining Brad Bishop Car Audio 1 August 7th 03 05:22 AM