Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.marketplace
Dave Dave is offline

Default What am I not seeing in this 'for auction' item?

Can someone explain this one? This has got to be a con - how
in the world is there nearly a quarter million bucks in gear here?
By my count, if everything were PERFECT, maybe $10k - $20k
tops. But $225,000?? Opening bid was $150,000 and the first
bidder hit the reserve.

A scam? Or am I really missing some incredible item in this lot?

Here's the link:

http://tinyurl.com/33amwt

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.marketplace

Dave wrote:
Can someone explain this one? This has got to be a con - how
in the world is there nearly a quarter million bucks in gear here?
By my count, if everything were PERFECT, maybe $10k - $20k
tops. But $225,000?? Opening bid was $150,000 and the first
bidder hit the reserve.

A scam? Or am I really missing some incredible item in this lot?

Here's the link:

http://tinyurl.com/33amwt

Inserts tongue firmly in cheek
Seller says "STUDIO MUST GO!!!!!!!!"

Maybe the building is included, especially as seller says "items will
not be shipped". ;-)

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.marketplace
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

John Williamson wrote:

Dave wrote:
Can someone explain this one? This has got to be a con - how
in the world is there nearly a quarter million bucks in gear here?
By my count, if everything were PERFECT, maybe $10k - $20k
tops. But $225,000?? Opening bid was $150,000 and the first
bidder hit the reserve.

A scam? Or am I really missing some incredible item in this lot?

Here's the link:

http://tinyurl.com/33amwt

Inserts tongue firmly in cheek
Seller says "STUDIO MUST GO!!!!!!!!"

Maybe the building is included, especially as seller says "items will
not be shipped". ;-)

"Delivey sic fee is an additonal $500.00"

I expect the single bidder is some kid playing games or an attempt at
fraud. They have zero feedback.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.marketplace

Eeyore wrote:

John Williamson wrote:
Inserts tongue firmly in cheek
Seller says "STUDIO MUST GO!!!!!!!!"

Maybe the building is included, especially as seller says "items will
not be shipped". ;-)

"Delivey sic fee is an additonal $500.00"

I expect the single bidder is some kid playing games or an attempt at
fraud. They have zero feedback.

The picture could well be of the interior of a Portakabin (tm) or
equivalent. 500 bucks to bring it round & plug the mains in sounds
reasonable to me.
(Tongue still firmly in cheek)

(I *do* realise it's probably either a joke listing or a scam, by the way)

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.marketplace

John Williamson wrote:

The picture could well be of the interior of a Portakabin (tm) or
equivalent. 500 bucks to bring it round & plug the mains in sounds
reasonable to me.

The interior seems to be a school, if a recording studio they sure have a
fresh approach to acoustics.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.marketplace
Raw-Tracks Raw-Tracks is offline
Senior Member

Dave wrote:
Can someone explain this one? This has got to be a con - how
in the world is there nearly a quarter million bucks in gear here?
By my count, if everything were PERFECT, maybe $10k - $20k
tops. But $225,000?? Opening bid was $150,000 and the first
bidder hit the reserve.

A scam? Or am I really missing some incredible item in this lot?

Definitely something wrong there. I think $10-20k is more like it.

--
Eric

Practice Your Mixing Skills
Download Our Multi-Track Masters
www.Raw-Tracks.com
www.Mad-Host.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.marketplace
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message

It looks suspicious. There are several odd elements:

1. The text is not written by a native english speaker,
althought the location is given as Alabama.
2. The room setting actually looks academic; more like a
school lab than a commercial setup.
3. The seller has no feedback record of any kind.

Agreed.

4. The identity of the one bidder is concealed.

That was the opening bid from the seller?

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.marketplace

"Oliver Costich" wrote ...
Eeyore wrote:
John Williamson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Can someone explain this one? This has got to be a con - how
in the world is there nearly a quarter million bucks in gear here?
By my count, if everything were PERFECT, maybe $10k - $20k
tops. But $225,000?? Opening bid was $150,000 and the first
bidder hit the reserve.

A scam? Or am I really missing some incredible item in this lot?

Here's the link:

http://tinyurl.com/33amwt

Inserts tongue firmly in cheek
Seller says "STUDIO MUST GO!!!!!!!!"

Maybe the building is included, especially as seller says "items
will
not be shipped". ;-)

"Delivey sic fee is an additonal $500.00"

I expect the single bidder is some kid playing games or an attempt at
fraud. They have zero feedback.

Or a shill.

Or maybe a new form of money transport and/or laundering
for drug traffickers? I doubt that either eBay or PayPal knows
(or cares?) whether actual goods were exchanged as long as
the buyer and seller are happy.

Posted to rec.audio.pro, rec.audio.marketplace
rboy rboy is offline

On Jan 5, 1:47*am, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:

1. The text is not written by a native english speaker, althought the
location is given as Alabama.

What, 10 replies and not a single native English speaker/Alabama joke?

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.marketplace

rboy wrote:

On Jan 5, 1:47 am, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:

1. The text is not written by a native english speaker, althought the
location is given as Alabama.

What, 10 replies and not a single native English speaker/Alabama joke?

No obvious alabama dialect detected.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen