Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris Whealy Chris Whealy is offline

Default New A/D converter?

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Chris Whealy" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

Audible haze is usually the result of bad recording
mixing, typified by having as many as 100 indistinct
tracks to mix. How do you even get 100 tracks to mix?

No too hard. Last year (errr, Christmas 2007) I had to
create a partial backing track for a big stage
performance at our church. This contained all the supplementary instrument
tracks,
extra backing vocals, and special effects on the left
channel (played through the FOH). Then the right channel was for click
track, stage
prompts and various other cues and was heard in-ear by
the choir and orchestra conductors, and stage left and
stage right floor managers.
Can't remember the exact number of channels, but it was
in the nineties...

In the middle of a firestorm like that, converters would be the *last* thing
I'd blame.

Exactly, A/D was the least of my problems...

Chris W

--
The voice of ignorance speaks loud and long,
But the words of the wise are quiet and few.