Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

Default The Accord ?

What was "The Accord" ?
What were the goals, and why did it fail?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Robert Morein said:

What was "The Accord" ?
What were the goals, and why did it fail?

http://morcurer.notlong.com

Gawwy Bosemeier had it up to HERE with all the anti-borg humor. Not to
mention humor in general. So he got some of his utterly earnest fellow
dweebs to agree to shun me and Gregipus.

I'm still screwing around on RAO, and Gregipus haunts other newsgroups now,
spreading his customary cheer and charm. Gawwy still has a stick up his
butt, as you will have observed from a handful of posts he made recently.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

George Minus Middius a écrit :

Robert Morein said:

What was "The Accord" ?
What were the goals, and why did it fail?

http://morcurer.notlong.com

Gawwy Bosemeier had it up to HERE with all the anti-borg humor. Not to
mention humor in general. So he got some of his utterly earnest fellow
dweebs to agree to shun me and Gregipus.

I'm still screwing around on RAO, and Gregipus haunts other newsgroups now,
spreading his customary cheer and charm. Gawwy still has a stick up his
butt, as you will have observed from a handful of posts he made recently.

I cannot imagine that one can be so moronic to be afraid of you and this
big pile of **** nicknamed "Trotsky".
None of these idiots have thought that giving you so much consideration
was equating to increase your nastiness and malevolence ?

LOL, they were stirring the **** and complaining about the odor... :-D

I guess that this plot has been the apogee of your life, no ?
Don't lie Minus.

--
Nobody seemes to have actaully read what i wrote.
But what's new around here?

Dave Weil - Sun, 05 Oct 2003 00:57:15 -0500
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 15:44:12 -0500, "Robert Morein"
wrote:

What was "The Accord" ?
What were the goals, and why did it fail?

"The Accord" was a group of posters here, of whom for a while I was
one, who attempted to curtail George's ceaselessly bad behaviour by
agreeing to ignore him. The problem, as we've also discovered on
aus.hi-fi with Phil Allison, is that ignoring someone leaves them free
to snipe at every post on every subject without fear of reprisal; it
is, in fact, self-defeating. Plus of course not everyone can exercise
the same amount of self-discipline--and I admit to not trying hard
enough myself. So it gradually fell apart. Since then George's
behaviour has improved slightly--I suspect lack of stamina due to age
may be the cause. Nevertheless when you see us periodically lunge at
each other's throats for no apparent reason, be aware that we have
history, of which "The Accord" is part. It's a bit like Inspector
Clouseau and his manservant--we like to keep each other alert.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

What was "The Accord" ?

A group of people who agreed to give another group of people
the silent treatment.

What were the goals, and why did it fail?

It didn't last forever but it hardly failed.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Robert Morein" wrote in message

What was "The Accord" ?

A group of people who agreed to give another group of people the silent
treatment.

What were the goals, and why did it fail?

It didn't last forever but it hardly failed.

Anything that reduced your number of posts
couldn't be called a failure.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

wrote:

What was "The Accord" ?
What were the goals, and why did it fail?

"The Accord" was a group of posters here, of whom for a
while I was one, who attempted to curtail George's
ceaselessly bad behaviour by agreeing to ignore him.

If memory serves, George was not the only person who was
Accord-ed.

The problem, as we've also discovered on aus.hi-fi with
Phil
Allison, is that ignoring someone leaves them free to
snipe at every post on every subject without fear of
reprisal; it is, in fact, self-defeating.

Wrong. The advantage of According someone is that those who
are in the accord have some group support for simply not
wasting time with the Accordee.

There's only one thing to do with PA, and that's to ignore
his provocations as a general rule. It probably won't make
him go away, but it will minimize the damage he does. It
might not minimize it enough to please you, but it will
minimize it somewhat.

Plus of course
not everyone can exercise the same amount of
self-discipline--and I admit to not trying hard enough
myself.

A formal accord can help with that.

However, mentioning self-discipline and aus.hi-fi in the
same sentence can be harmful to your health - you may split
your sides with laughter.

So it gradually fell apart. Since then George's
behaviour has improved slightly--I suspect lack of
stamina due to age may be the cause.

Probably another hapless victim of mini-strokes.

Nevertheless when
you see us periodically lunge at each other's throats for
no apparent reason, be aware that we have history, of
which "The Accord" is part.

Most of the the members of the Accord subsequently
completely gave up on RAO. Smart puppies, they.

It's a bit like Inspector Clouseau and his manservant--we
like to keep each other alert.

Speak for yourself only.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Most of the the members of the Accord subsequently completely gave up on
RAO. Smart puppies, they.

The less smart members simply walked in front of buses.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said:

Anything that reduced your number of posts
couldn't be called a failure.

It may not have been Bosey's doing. Arnii was locked up in county for a
while there.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

George M. Middius wrote:

I'm still screwing around on RAO.

Correct.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

paul packer said:

I'm still screwing around on RAO.

Correct.

As are you.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

Clyde Slick wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Most of the the members of the Accord subsequently completely gave up on
RAO. Smart puppies, they.

The less smart members simply walked in front of buses.

Or came back. What was I thinking of? :-(

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Powell

"Arny Krueger" wrote

What was "The Accord" ?

A group of people who agreed to give another
group of people the silent treatment.

Gary Eickmeier
Paul Dormer
Arny Krueger
Tony Loban
Tom Nousaine
Stewart Pinkerton
Skeletonxxx
Gene Steinberg
Bill Watkins

What were the goals, and why did it fail?

It didn't last forever but it hardly failed.

""Gary Eickmeier" wrote in 2001 "Huh? Failed?
When? I'm still doing it. I forget who was on the
Accord list, so I'm not monitoring its success,
but why do you say it failed?"

Oooh-yea, two blind men (Gary & Arny).