Robert Morein

Default Why we went to war in Iraq

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 17:00:02 -0500, "Robert Morein"
wrote:

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:37:50 GMT, wrote:

Stuff it, you wouldn't have a country at all if we hadn't saved your
asses.
The way your country has shown its gratitude is despicable.

Fair comment.

So we're lining up along the Anglo-French divide? Are we THAT different?

Yep. We're from Earth and they're from Pluto. :-)

In favor of the French:
1. The French helped us in the American Revolution.

To further their own aims, because you were fighting the Brits. They
saw a way of using the colonists to poke the Brits in the eye and
possibly gain a future ally.

(snip insignificances & trivialities)

Against the French:
1. Citroen.
2. French jazz.
3. What Americans and the English perceive as a certain moral ambiguity.

Are you trying to say they're decadent and hedonistic, Robert? Let me
help you: They're decadent and hedonistic. There, that wasn't so hard.

Boy, this isn't the Paul I used to know There was a time when European
nations were characterized by the kinds of cars they made.
1. The English made cars that exhibited "class". Perhaps this is because
theirs was, and may still be, a "class" society. But because the cars were
actually put together by the very touchy working class, there was, beneath
the beautiful exterior, a hint of rot. For example, Jags were not painted on
the inside; they weren't even dip-primed, so they rusted out faster than any
other car except the MG.
2. Many models of Citroen were quixotically innovative; years ahead of their
time. Unfortunately, the statistics of MTBF (mean time between failure)
remorselessly attacked their vehicles, and they never had the organization,
at least abroad, to support it.
3. By comparison, most models made by Mercedes were unimaginative, although,
compared to American cars, they were 20 years ahead of their time. The base
model of Mercedes was the standard taxi in Europe, partly because of diesel,
and partly because the cast door hinges, with lube fittings, were immune to
sagging.
4. The Americans: gaudy, powerful, wasteful, and disposable. Aside from the
notorious window cranks that would start to fall off at 30K miles, numerous
details of engine and chassis design were deliberately underengineered. At
one point, Ford noticed that an internal oil passage was missing from their
Mustang engine, the 289. They made hundreds of thousands anyway.

I admit to personal frustration with the foreign policy of France, as one
of
the most vocal opponents of U.S. strategy, but I could never let it spill
over to individuals.

Exactly. Take people as you find them, but still dislike the nation.

:-)

I believe that those of us who forget the lessons of
history are bound to relive them. My focal point is the Munich Pact of
1938.

You were there?

Jews have a strong historical sense. I have books on my shelf I seem to
reread every few years. I have images: Neville Chamberlain, in old newsreel
footage, saying, "We have bought peace in our time."

In fact, I dislike George W. Bush in almost every aspect, except for the
initial invasion of Iraq. I do not excuse the subsequent bungling of the
occupation, which was caused by discarding the Baathist infrastructure,
instead of co-opting it.

Agreed. The invasion was necessary and long overdue. Everything after
that was a dog's breakfast. Americans have managed to show just how
ugly they can be in Iraq, but then when you send in 18 year old kids
trained on Doom games with heavy metal playing through their headsets
to question and search fundamentalist Muslem families in the dead of
night what do you expect? How many Arab speakers are with the US army
in Iraq? How many are trained in sensitive Arab issues? That's what I
thought. Again, the first thing the US did was disband the Iraqi army,
so that instead of a ready police force to guard institutions and keep
order you had thousands of ex-Iraqi soldiers milling about the streets
in civvies protesting that they had no jobs and no food. First rule of
US Army: make sure that any possible solution becomes the problem
instead.

The justification has nothing to do with whether there were WMDs in Iraq.
We
now know that there were not. Far more important than this were Saddam's
intentions, which he published in the 1980's. Saddam admired Hitler and
Stalin, and proclaimed his intention to follow their example, by
establishment of a totalitarian pan-Arab state. With oil revenues, this
state could havve become the second focus of power in the world. Such a
state, modeled on evil, possessed of all the technological resources that
great wealth could buy, would threaten the entire world with doom.

This is the actual reason we went to war in Iraq. The other reasons were
smoke screens, because the public does not understand historical patterns,
and certainly remembers nothing of Munich 1938. I DO.

Agreed. Saddam had to go. He was killing his own people at a rate of
knots and was a general menace as well as a blot on humanity. Get rid
of Saddam=good idea. However, people need more concrete reasons to
risk their sons in a major war; hence the invention of WMDs.

FWIW, I am a social liberal, and I am disgusted by the way George W. Bush
has squandered the good will of so much of the world. Much of this,
unfortunately, is due to the proven incompetence of handling either the
occupation of Iraq, or the rescue of New Orleans.

Yep. Apart from not being able to put two sensible words together, he
has no idea how to co-opt available resources or to get people
on-side, which is often the same thing. I feel sorry for the most
powerful nation on earth being saddled with such a leader. What you
could do with a real statesman!

What has happened in our country is a mild form of what happened in Iran
when the Shah offended the peasants. They gained their voice. Here, it was
called the Silent Majority, but it is now the Vocal Majority. Opposing them
is a Democratic Party hostage to special interests of a social nature. The
Democratic Party cannot win as long as the platform planks are strong on gay
rights, and empowerment of the poor. This is strictly an observation, not an
opinion. The roots of the Democratic Party were labor, but labor has
fragmented into a lower middle class, and this lower middle class is not
sympathetic to the new Democratic Party. The unions have lost power because
of competitition with imports.

The Republican hold on power will continue as long as Al Quaeda presents the
possibility of mass destruction to the homeland. As long as rogue nuke
weapons are a possibility, the Dems will have to present a really strong
candidate to gain my sympathy. I regret very much the cost to our social
fabric.

dave weil

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 02:13:11 GMT, wrote:

FWIW, I am a social liberal, and I am disgusted by the way George W. Bush
has squandered the good will of so much of the world. Much of this,
unfortunately, is due to the proven incompetence of handling either the
occupation of Iraq, or the rescue of New Orleans.

Simply not true about New Orleans, there were **** ups at every level,
starting with the incompetence of the Mayor who waited to long to call for
evacuations and who didn't use resources he had at his disposal.

This doesn't absolve President Bush in his complicancy and
complacency. I have a feeling that he's learned his lesson though.
Nobody can argue that the Federal response to Katrina was even CLOSE
to adequate. Even the President doesn't argue that.
dave weil

Default ScottW in : "If contradiction kill..." ;-)

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 00:51:12 GMT, wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:37:50 GMT, wrote:

We're not all that wild about democracy

Why are you being a Republican mouthpiece here?

As I have pointed out many times before, I'm not a Republican.

Hence the question.
Arny Krueger

Default An other important question for ScottW "the Môron".

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast
[dot] net wrote in message

Mickey tries another flavor of IKYABWAI.

I've always wished this[sic] Robert Morein was impotent.

Why would that be, I wonder?

Hinders reproduction, obviously.

Ruud Broens

Default Definitely RAO

"François Yves Le Gal" wrote in message
: On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 00:59:28 GMT, wrote:
:
: Dynaudio, SEAS, Theil &Partner also known as Accuton, Skan Speak, who else?
:
: ATC, Eton, Manger, PHL, Volt et al.
:
: Skaaning?
:
: Audiotechnology manufactures some of the best bass/mids ever.
:
: Morel? probably not other than some good tweeters they copied from Dynaudio.
:
: Morel Israel produces (produced ?) drivers under a license granted by
: Dynaudio. Their products aren't copies.
:
: Morel USA only produces original designs AFAICT.
:
: Hiquphon?
:
: Some of the best tweeters. IMO as good or better than much higher priced
: competitors from SEAS or Scan-Speak.
:

hmm, _at last_ some audio opinions on rao again :-)

he, how do you guys compare audio drivers ? (hehe)
R.

Lionel

Robert Morein a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

Robert Morein a écrit :

Erection enables sexual
intercourse and other sexual activities, though it is not essential
for all sexual activities.

You should tell that to GeoGag, perhaps this would save him the cost of a
very expensive psychotherapy. ;-)

Lionel, I have a relative who had a friend who was a psychotherapist in
France. Then she emigrated to the U.S., I guess at that time when the U.S.
was still regarded as a very desirable place by many Europeans.

USA is still a desirable place for French studients.
Unfortunatly your moronic government and politics encourage the "France
bashing" and have promoted it as a national sport.
So those young ambassadors of my country prefer now going to Canada.

She considered doing psychotherapy here, but concluded that the French and
American psyches were so different, that her training would be useless.

I refuse to believe that psyches could be different. I think that just
the *social* keys of the psyche can change.
But I imagine that this could be destabilizing in such professions.

Do you have any insight into the issue? To me, you seem just like one of us

Thank you.

My relative did a little business in France. But first, he had to take a
short lesson on the differences in the personal sphere between French and
American (Anglo?). For example, he was told it was very important to make
eye contact. Also, the French prefer to do business face-to-face. An
American (Anglo too?) would consider this wasted time, perhaps an
imposition. While here, you never show up at someone's office without prior
arrangement, doing so in France can facilitate transactions that go nowhere
by phone.

And how did your wife do in the Marathon?

4:33... And 3 tons of enthusiasm !
Except a very rude reception at JFK airport (lol)... She really enjoyed
her sojourn.
Great organization, kind and friendly people and before anything else
the incredible diversity of this town... Magic she says.
Lionel

Robert Morein a écrit :
Lionel,
Congratulations. I think you have found your "Arny."
It can be very theraputic, and will save the dog from kicks

Agreed.
To oblige this presumptuous and moronic ******* to bite his own balls is
really a pleasant experience.
Lionel

Robert Morein a écrit :
"paul packer" wrote in message

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:37:50 GMT, wrote:

Stuff it, you wouldn't have a country at all if we hadn't saved your
asses.
The way your country has shown its gratitude is despicable.

Fair comment.

So we're lining up along the Anglo-French divide? Are we THAT different?

In favor of the French:
1. The French helped us in the American Revolution.

Et la statue de la Liberté ?

2. French cooking is much better.
3. They have Focal, who make the world's best drivers.

And what about the Scandinavian manufacturers ?

4. Nietsche said, "Any culture which is not French is purely a
misunderstanding."

Against the French:
1. Citroen.

http://com.en.sport.citroen.com/Citr...anguage=COM-EN
;-)

2. French jazz.

French jazz doesn't exist, just French jazzmen.

3. What Americans and the English perceive as a certain moral ambiguity.
They do seem to have a different attitude from the English speaking world.
Britain, the U.S., and Australia are geographically almost impregnable, but
France is not.

This is the point Robert.
After Dunkerque disaster in 1940 the channel has saved the European
democracy... 4 years before the US marines.

Accidents in geography are reflected in national outlooks.

I admit to personal frustration with the foreign policy of France, as one of
the most vocal opponents of U.S. strategy, but I could never let it spill
over to individuals.

I agree with this. But OTOH it's an interesting opposition to US
megalomania.
Most of French people don't despite nor desdain USA. This is not
the case of some other major European countries.

I agree that in some case the opposition could be sterile, in this case
just look at it as a pueril bravado

[...]

In 1992 USA had the full adhesion of the democratic world :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operati...on_involvement

But thanks to *Bush* senior stupid policy Saddam dictature has been
maintain, and the suffering and oppression of the Kurd and Shiite increased.
The only guilty for what happen today in Iraq is George Bush senior,
nobody else.

This is the actual reason we went to war in Iraq. The other reasons were
smoke screens, because the public does not understand historical patterns,
and certainly remembers nothing of Munich 1938. I DO.

FWIW, I am a social liberal, and I am disgusted by the way George W. Bush
has squandered the good will of so much of the world. Much of this,
unfortunately, is due to the proven incompetence of handling either the
occupation of Iraq, or the rescue of New Orleans.

Robert Morein

"Lionel" wrote in message
Robert Morein a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

Robert Morein a écrit :

Erection enables sexual
intercourse and other sexual activities, though it is not essential
for all sexual activities.

You should tell that to GeoGag, perhaps this would save him the cost of a
very expensive psychotherapy. ;-)

Lionel, I have a relative who had a friend who was a psychotherapist in
France. Then she emigrated to the U.S., I guess at that time when the
U.S. was still regarded as a very desirable place by many Europeans.

USA is still a desirable place for French studients.
Unfortunatly your moronic government and politics encourage the "France
bashing" and have promoted it as a national sport.

They don't intend it. This is not a North Korea where Bush can say,
everybody stand up and hate France. I look at it as an unintended
consequence. The Bush administration had to galvanize American spirit behind
the effort. Once the American public supports a war, they become very
patriotic. Unfortunately, French ministers made statements that undercut the
minimum Americans expect of a long term friend, which is, "We cannot help
you, but we wish you well." Insteead, we had statements like (see
http://nerra.com/broadsword/archives...rays-us-again/).

Let me explain to you what the U.S. expected. When the Falkland Islands were
invaded, the U.S. helped Britain by stripping bare our stockpiles of
certain critical munitions, etc. Without these, the Brits could not have
won. Now at the time, an Argentine minister remarked, "We are friends with
the U.S., but Britain and the U.S. are friends of steel. We are not friends
of steel."

The fury of the Americans with the French is because they believe they have
been betrayed by a friend. If Russia had made such statements, or China, we
would have expected no more. But historically, we believe that France,
Britain, and the U.S. are the oldest standing pillars of all that is good
and light in Western Society. When Germany was still making war, France was
already making love

So Americans are puzzled. Considering that France is only one of three
countries of this exalted standing, one of the premier lights of the Western
world, why would they not at least wish us well? I think I actually know the
answer. It goes back to DeGaulle. Do you remember when he tried to deplete
the American gold reserves by demanding gold for dollars, and when the
French subsequently withdrew from NATO? It was quite perplexing. Why would
he want to do this. Many of us think these actions were a form of
nationalistic frustration. After all, France is a complete country. It has
mountains, deserts, seashores, it is a place all of itself. Not long ago,
there were many Frenchmen who never left France in their entire lives. But,
accident of geography, the U.S. is simply bigger; the English speaking world
is bigger, and both French culture and language are under pressure.

In the U.S., I can pepper my writings with French expressions; I can even
put them into a court document, and people consider me a cultured person.
But in France, you have the French Academy, which, I think, is symptomatic
of a culture that feels it is under attack.

Robert Morein

"Ruud Broens" wrote in message

[...]

On a rotating turntable powered by gerbils, switched by an ABX box powered
by contempt and ignorance.
Signal is provided by a computer sound card, and a rotgut garage band amp
made by QSC.
Just to be sure of no prejudice, each driver is hidden under a Stetson hat.
You got a problem with this?
ROTFL LOT'sS, or whatever the heck that is.

paul packer

[dot] net wrote in message

Mickey tries another flavor of IKYABWAI.

I've always wished this[sic] Robert Morein was impotent.

Why would that be, I wonder?

Hinders reproduction, obviously.

That's very good, Arny. Keep it up. (he he)
Robert Morein

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Mickey tries another flavor of IKYABWAI.

I've always wished this[sic] Robert Morein was impotent.

Why would that be, I wonder?

In the vein of "I'm not getting any, so you can't."
It never occurred to me to wish anything about Mikey's sex life.

Marge, come take a walk on the wild side.

paul packer

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 23:29:48 -0500, "Robert Morein"
wrote:

Are you trying to say they're decadent and hedonistic, Robert? Let me
help you: They're decadent and hedonistic. There, that wasn't so hard.

Boy, this isn't the Paul I used to know

I'm his evil twin brother. I'm very dogmatic, though I also keep a cat
for balance.

There was a time when European
nations were characterized by the kinds of cars they made.

Cars again! How do we keep getting back to cars?

(snip car stuff)

What has happened in our country is a mild form of what happened in Iran
when the Shah offended the peasants. They gained their voice. Here, it was
called the Silent Majority, but it is now the Vocal Majority. Opposing them
is a Democratic Party hostage to special interests of a social nature. The
Democratic Party cannot win as long as the platform planks are strong on gay
rights, and empowerment of the poor. This is strictly an observation, not an
opinion.

Hmm...this sounds like hedging. You seem to be having trouble spitting
things out, Robert.

The roots of the Democratic Party were labor, but labor has
fragmented into a lower middle class, and this lower middle class is not
sympathetic to the new Democratic Party. The unions have lost power because
of competitition with imports.

The Republican hold on power will continue as long as Al Quaeda presents the
possibility of mass destruction to the homeland. As long as rogue nuke
weapons are a possibility, the Dems will have to present a really strong
candidate to gain my sympathy. I regret very much the cost to our social
fabric.

Oz isn't too much different in many ways. Our current PM is using fear
of terrorism as a smoke screen while trying to destroy the unions in
the workplace by ousting collective bargaining. Whenever anyone starts
questioning "workplace reforms", the PM finds a terrorist under
someone's bed to divert attention. We have no viable opposition. No
wonder George and John are such firm friends. No wonder they smile so
much. :-(

George M. Middius

Robert Morein said:

In the vein of "I'm not getting any, so you can't."
It never occurred to me to wish anything about Mikey's sex life.

Turns out Mickey lusts for queeny guys. He's fantasizing that I'm that
type.

Marge, come take a walk on the wild side.

Too late for that.

George M. Middius

paul packer said:

There was a time when European
nations were characterized by the kinds of cars they made.

Cars again! How do we keep getting back to cars?

As you know, RAO is a sparring arena. You've demonstrated a big logical
weakness on the subject of cars, so everybody you spar with is inclined
to poke you there.

[snip]

Oz isn't too much different in many ways. Our current PM is using fear
of terrorism as a smoke screen while trying to destroy the unions in
the workplace by ousting collective bargaining. Whenever anyone starts
questioning "workplace reforms", the PM finds a terrorist under
someone's bed to divert attention. We have no viable opposition. No
wonder George and John are such firm friends. No wonder they smile so
much. :-(

Why don't you turn in Bwian, for queen and country?

paul packer

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:57:50 -0500, "Robert Morein"
wrote:

It never occurred to me to wish anything about Mikey's sex life.

He has one?
Arny Krueger

wrote:

It never occurred to me to wish anything about Mikey's
sex life.

He has one?

He has biological offspring. That presumes some kind of
sexual activity.

Do you have any biological offspring?

Robert Morein

Default Borg procreation

. ..

wrote:

It never occurred to me to wish anything about Mikey's
sex life.

He has one?

He has biological offspring. That presumes some kind of sexual activity.

Borgs breed like tribbles, like locusts, like insects.

George Middius

Robert Morein said:

Borgs breed like tribbles, like locusts, like insects.

Cloning is a nascent application of bioengineering, still fraught with pitfalls
that are not fully understood.

..
..

Robert Morein

"Lionel" wrote in message
Robert Morein a écrit :

[snip]
Great organization, kind and friendly people and before anything else the
incredible diversity of this town... Magic she says.

I love NY. There is no other city like it in the world.
A very precious thing, we should enjoy it while it lasts.
Have you ever been there?

paul packer

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 19:30:01 -0500, George M. Middius cmndr

paul packer said:

There was a time when European
nations were characterized by the kinds of cars they made.

Cars again! How do we keep getting back to cars?

As you know, RAO is a sparring arena. You've demonstrated a big logical
weakness on the subject of cars, so everybody you spar with is inclined
to poke you there.

I'll have you know it's my strongest subject when it comes to logic.
That's why I drive an auto.
paul packer

wrote:

It never occurred to me to wish anything about Mikey's
sex life.

He has one?

He has biological offspring. That presumes some kind of
sexual activity.

I meant currently, Arnie. Don't be obtuse, as George would say.
Arny Krueger

wrote:

It never occurred to me to wish anything about Mikey's
sex life.

He has one?

He has biological offspring. That presumes some kind of
sexual activity.

Do you have any biological offspring?

Paul is obviously too ashamed a truthful answer to answer a
simple, relevant question.

George M. Middius

paul packer said:

Mikey's sex life.

He has one?

He has biological offspring. That presumes some kind of
sexual activity.

I meant currently, Arnie. Don't be obtuse, as George would say.

Arnii is all sweaty 'cause he "just had sex".

Arny Krueger

[dot] net wrote in message

paul packer said:

Mikey's sex life.

He has one?

He has biological offspring. That presumes some kind of
sexual activity.

I meant currently, Arnie. Don't be obtuse, as George
would say.

Arnii is all sweaty 'cause he "just had sex".

You got a problem with people having sex, George?

Figures. :-(

George Middius

paul packer said:

As you know, RAO is a sparring arena. You've demonstrated a big logical
weakness on the subject of cars, so everybody you spar with is inclined
to poke you there.

I'll have you know it's my strongest subject when it comes to logic.
That's why I drive an auto.

Speaking of blind spots, would you be so kind as to explain how "God" created
the earth and everything on it in "seven days"? TIA.

..
..

George Middius

PervBorg whined:

I meant currently, Arnie. Don't be obtuse, as George
would say.

Arnii is all sweaty 'cause he "just had sex".

You got a problem with people having sex, George?

Why no, Arnii, not at all. The subject at hand, however, is you. Not "people".

Gross.

..
..

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

duh-Mikey spazzes out on politics again.

As I have pointed out many times before, I'm not a Republican. When it
happens that something I say and the GOP says meet, it's only becuase
they
happen to have arrived at the same conclusion, I have. That seems to
happen
about as mcuh for the GOP as it does for the Democrats, but in different
areas.

Mikey, your adoration of Dubya and his merry band of crooks is all the
testimony a liberal needs to be assured that the Democrats are a
thousand times better than the Republicans.

That's because Liberal are basically stupid liars and scumbags. They never
miss an opportunity to smear and lie about anyone they oppose.

Did you know that, for more than a century, the doctrine of eminent
domain has been the darling of the right wing and their stooges in
legislatures around the country?

Do you know that my opposition to Eminent Domain has nothing to do with the
party that uses it? Theft is theft, and as I have also said many times I'm
opposed to Government taking people's property away for anything other than
a matter of national security or some sort of emergency.

It's one of the primary tools used by
petty tyrants to line their own pockets and those of their crooked
benefactors who speculate in real estate.

Like there aren't any petty tyrants that are also leftists.

I'm consistent George, I don't care who is doing the stealing, Eminent
Domain is wrong oither than for emergency situations.

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 00:51:12 GMT, wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:37:50 GMT, wrote:

We're not all that wild about democracy

Why are you being a Republican mouthpiece here?

As I have pointed out many times before, I'm not a Republican.

Hence the question.

Sometimes they and I agree, sometimes not.

[...]

First you hear them and you are impressed.
Then you see the technical specs and are more impressed.
At least that's the way it happpened to me.

If you look at the measured performance of a Hiquphon tweeter, you know that
it HAS to sound good.

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Mickey tries another flavor of IKYABWAI.

I've always wished this[sic] Robert Morein was impotent.

Why would that be, I wonder?

Why in the world would anyone want him to be able to reproduce?

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message news

Robert Morein said:

In the vein of "I'm not getting any, so you can't."
It never occurred to me to wish anything about Mikey's sex life.

We already have seen the evidence of how tiny his imaginiation actually is.
I looked up redundant and there was a picture of Robert.

Turns out Mickey lusts for queeny guys. He's fantasizing that I'm that
type.

Keep dreaming. Probably the best you can do anyway.

wrote:

It never occurred to me to wish anything about Mikey's
sex life.

He has one?

He has biological offspring. That presumes some kind of
sexual activity.

I meant currently, Arnie. Don't be obtuse, as George would say.

George prefers to be obstreperous.

"George Middius" wrote in message

PervBorg whined:

I meant currently, Arnie. Don't be obtuse, as George
would say.

Arnii is all sweaty 'cause he "just had sex".

You got a problem with people having sex, George?

Why no, Arnii, not at all. The subject at hand, however, is you. Not
"people".

Gross.

Not comapred to the condition of YOUR hand. Do you have real butch outfits
for it?

"Lionel" wrote in message
Robert Morein a écrit :

Erection enables sexual
intercourse and other sexual activities, though it is not essential
for all sexual activities.

The above is from another "handy man."

You should tell that to GeoGag, perhaps this would save him the cost of a
very expensive psychotherapy. ;-)

Look, irony.

George M. Middius

Mickey, are you still mad at me?

I meant currently, Arnie. Don't be obtuse, as George would say.

George prefers to be obstreperous.

Now that I've stolen all your facts, all you have left is empty
bitching.

paul packer

On 15 Nov 2005 07:05:44 -0800, George Middius
wrote:

paul packer said:

As you know, RAO is a sparring arena. You've demonstrated a big logical
weakness on the subject of cars, so everybody you spar with is inclined
to poke you there.

I'll have you know it's my strongest subject when it comes to logic.
That's why I drive an auto.

Speaking of blind spots, would you be so kind as to explain how "God" created
the earth and everything on it in "seven days"? TIA.

I'm flattered you think I might know the answer to that, George.
Perhaps you have a God complex on my behalf, sort of a proxy complex?

But to address your question, I've never imagined the Bible to be a
literal document. In any case since there weren't "days" as we know
them at that point the statement can only be figurative.

paul packer

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:39:52 GMT, wrote:

George prefers to be obstreperous.

Dictionary?
paul packer

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 06:57:19 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Do you have any biological offspring?

Paul is obviously too ashamed a truthful answer to answer a
simple, relevant question.

Now where is shame involved, Arnie? Would it be shameful if I had
none? Would it be shameful if I had ten? I don't get it.

In any case your sentence is shamefully ungrammatical.