808state

Default Anyone ever hear of Xtant brand model A6001 Amp...wondering if its flea market crap?

I have a friend who has this brand new shinny amp that is a Xtant brand
model A6001. I would like to know if the specs are over cooked a bit. The
manual says 1 X 600 @ 2 Ohms it doesn't state if that's RMS or not but I'm
guessing it's peak. Anyways I would like to know if I should bother with the
amp or recommend another one.

I am thinking of using one single solo baric 12 inch L7 sub with the above
amp, my friend currently owns this sub and amp and there is no chance of a
return. He also has a couple 12 inch rockfords I can use in place of the
Kicker L7.

Thanks for any input.

EFFENDI

808state wrote:
I have a friend who has this brand new shinny amp that is a Xtant brand
model A6001. I would like to know if the specs are over cooked a bit. The
manual says 1 X 600 @ 2 Ohms it doesn't state if that's RMS or not but I'm
guessing it's peak. Anyways I would like to know if I should bother with the
amp or recommend another one.

I am thinking of using one single solo baric 12 inch L7 sub with the above
amp, my friend currently owns this sub and amp and there is no chance of a
return. He also has a couple 12 inch rockfords I can use in place of the
Kicker L7.

Thanks for any input.

xtants are nice. but way too expensive for what you get.

EFFENDI