220

Default car audio store in GTA/Toronto/Markham area ???

anyone know or work in car audio store in these area?? been to a few but
they dont have many speakers on display... need to hear some more samples...

thank you for your time

justin

Andy Kalsey

Cockpit Car Audio seems like good ****. 5871 Hwy 7 + Markham Rd. They
used to be called PowerTrip, but they went out of business and Cockpit took
over. Although I haven't done anything thro them but recently several
friends of mine got their alarm/remote starter installed there. I examined
the wiring technique of my friend's car, they did a good quality work.

DO NOT go to Auto Sound Design on Hwy 7 + main street. Those guys did VERY
VERY bad quality job, I had them to do my alarm years ago, on the next day
I HAD TO REWIRE ALL CABLE MYSELF!!!!! I even had my photos taken, I was
very ****ed. Even worst: the guy left unused screws under the hood, cables
were so mess up under the dash board, and they even put a hole on my shift
boot probably soldering gun burned it. mofo. Do you call this professional
work? NEVER NEVER GO TO AUTO SOUND DESIGN. bad experience IMO.

Also, Auto Sound Design guys don't help you to fix your problem when you
complain your system doesn't sound good. All they do is to sell you **** in
rip off price (they claim they are hi-end store, they don't sell futureshop
low-end stuff, bull****!!). Try to go in there and play stupid with them,
you will know what I mean.

BTW, I met a guy in futureshop car audio installation garage, he can get me
the same **** for $100-$150 CAD LESS than what Auto Sound is selling. Auto
Sound is rip off man. If you have time, just walk into Futureshop car
audio installation pit (drive around at the back of the building ususally),
talk to those technicians cos they don't work full time at Futureshop..
they are just contractors. Those guy got very good deal!! At the same time
when u talk to them, examine their wiring technique when they are doing the
cars. That's my experience i wanna share with you.

"220" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
anyone know or work in car audio store in these area?? been to a few but
they dont have many speakers on display... need to hear some more

samples...

thank you for your time

justin

220

lol u are so right... the first and only time i was there the guy quoted me
$700CAN for the premier 750MP... when i can get it for $461CAN from
etronics.com.

maybe i should just order online and try installing them myself...

Daniel Snooks

220 wrote
anyone know or work in car audio store in these area?? been to a few but
they dont have many speakers on display... need to hear some more

samples...

Want to listen to my car? heh ... I would suggest that listening to samples
on a display board is a waste of time, everyone agrees that you should demo
equipment before you buy it, but I don't think it counts unless you demo in
a vehicle ... just my opinion.

Kromer radio is expensive but should have plenty of stuff on display, it
seems to me that all of the good shops are in the west end. Altered Sound in
Oakville gets my vote, very knowledgeable staff and they aren't trying to
sellsellsell ... they carry Clarion, McIntosh and Focal to name a few.

Seriously though, I live up near Newmarket and am in Markham constantly, if
you want to hook up and talk shop let me know ...

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks