4wds10

Default ext. cab S10

I have a 1994(new body style) extended cab S10, and I am not sure abou
what to do for a system. The car stereo place says just a 200rms 12inc
sub is enough for bass, but I am not sure. could somebody please help?

Thank
-
4wds1
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17877

thelizman

4wds10 wrote:
I have a 1994(new body style) extended cab S10, and I am not sure about
what to do for a system. The car stereo place says just a 200rms 12inch
sub is enough for bass, but I am not sure. could somebody please help?

No.

This is a subjective matter. You may be happy with the single 12 and a
200 wrms amp, or you may be completely unsatisfied. Any decent shop will
be able to do an in-car demo, where you pull up to the bay, they drop a
box with speakers in your truck, and play it off an amp (either from one
of the employees cars, or one hooked up to a power supply in the shop).

It'll also depend on your listening tastes and budget. Asking other
people for their opinions is basically asking other people to make your
choices for you, and I guarantee you'll rarely be happy taking what
other people think you should have.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.