220

Default pioneer premier 750mp question (old) and my opinion

hello all,
i'm new to this forum and car audio stuff. but anyway, bought the HU
yesterday and been playing around with it.

my opinion on the unit as a newbie:

i first tried it with no changed setting from factory settings and it
already sounds a bit better than stock radio that came with my acura 1.6EL
(i live in toronto). navigation through the menus are FAIRLY straight
forward once u get the hang of it, and the EG settings are also pretty
straight forward, and i have to say that the manual explains everything
well. (given i'm a complete newbie in car audio but with a good background
with electronics). so tweaking the system wont post much of a problem.
as for the mp3 track gap all you are concerned about... it does take a
little long to load the disk before it plays but once that's done, the
tracks play smoothly between them, maybe 1.0s max.

the oel screen is wicked but i'm having major problem with it. it switched
the bright pixels to dark and vice versa at few seocnds intevals, i read
that its a dimmer problem on ONE web site but have not been able to find
more info about this. any suggestion?? my buddy's premier did the same thing
and evetually his display stayed reversed pixels and he had to bring it back
to fix it which took him few weeks to get it back.

overall i'm very very pleased except for the display problem and i'm going
to install much better speakers to 'listen' to the HU full potential.

thank you for your time and once i have my speakers installed i will post a
more comprehensive review, my speakers really suck right now.

justin

AutoSoundGirl

This is one of the 2 demo modes in the 750mp. Hold down the "5"
button for 5 seconds to disable it. Was buggin me to. Can't remember
if it was power on or off though.....you figure it out. Good
investment thought, the 750mp.