Graham Taylor

Default LUA vs Jolida

I recently bought a Jolida jd100s on spec (though informed by a bit of
internet reading) through ebay. Its astonishingly good - though raving
on about that is not the point of this note. I'm curious about how it
and the jd100h fit in with the Lua Cantilena machines - I ask because
superficially the spec of the jolida jd100s and the Cantilena se
appear exactly the same though the prices are very different! Anyvody
actually looked under the bonnet at both machines and able to comment?

Graham
Uptown Audio

The Lua looks much better on the inside, but I don't know if it's
price would be justified by it's construction in light of the Jolida
unit. I don't care for the tubed CD players which I have heard much.
The old CAL units were worthy of comment for their time, but these
days there are so many good ss alternatives, I can't see the reason
for adding the noise in better systems. In an average or mid-fi
system, they make for a very rich and involving improvement over an
otherwise typically artificial and sterile sound.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

"Graham Taylor" wrote in message
I recently bought a Jolida jd100s on spec (though informed by a bit

of
internet reading) through ebay. Its astonishingly good - though

raving
on about that is not the point of this note. I'm curious about how

it
and the jd100h fit in with the Lua Cantilena machines - I ask

because
superficially the spec of the jolida jd100s and the Cantilena se
appear exactly the same though the prices are very different!

Anyvody
actually looked under the bonnet at both machines and able to

comment?

Graham

Jolida JD-100A CD Player Dealers Peter High End Audio 2 January 28th 05 04:51 PM
JOLIDA SJ-302A Matko High End Audio 1 April 28th 04 09:29 PM
JOLIDA SJ-302A Matko Audio Opinions 0 April 27th 04 02:30 PM
rega planet vs. cambridge D500SE? amy radcliff High End Audio 2 February 20th 04 01:38 AM
Opinion Robert A. Fink, M. D. Audio Opinions 49 November 2nd 03 05:59 PM