Geoff Wood

Default Service for Sony CD Players

Peter wrote:
I wonder if anyone might know "reputable" service companies that are
willing to work on Sony "ES" CD players that are older than seven
years, since the Sony Corporation claims that they do not keep parts
for longer than seven years.

Did they actually decline to service your particular model player ? And
what is the problem ?

I have an old CDP502ES-2 which got a sluggish tray, and noisy in the PSU
department. All it needed, it seems, was a clean and lube in the tray drive
and laser carriage.

geoff

Geoff Wood

Peter wrote:

Why it does not read a few very new CDs I do not know.

Copy protection (=data corruption).

geoff

Geoff Wood

Peter wrote:

Why it does not read a few very new CDs I do not know.

Copy protection (=data corruption).

geoff

Geoff Wood

Peter wrote:

Why it does not read a few very new CDs I do not know.

Copy protection (=data corruption).

geoff

Geoff Wood

Peter wrote:

Why it does not read a few very new CDs I do not know.

Copy protection (=data corruption).

geoff

Peter

I wonder if anyone might know "reputable" service companies that are willing
to work on Sony "ES" CD players that are older than seven years, since the
Sony Corporation claims that they do not keep parts for longer than seven
years.

Thank you very much.

Peter

"Geoff Wood" -nospam wrote in message
Peter wrote:
I wonder if anyone might know "reputable" service companies that are
willing to work on Sony "ES" CD players that are older than seven
years, since the Sony Corporation claims that they do not keep parts
for longer than seven years.

Did they actually decline to service your particular model player ? And
what is the problem ?

I have an old CDP502ES-2 which got a sluggish tray, and noisy in the PSU
department. All it needed, it seems, was a clean and lube in the tray

drive
and laser carriage.

geoff

Yes, they actually refused to service it, even though they had me send it to
them, by assuring me that they had all the necessary parts. They even
quoted me a flat fee of $216.

Why it does not read a few very new CDs I do not know.