Dan

Default problems w old NAD 7120 receiver

The radio on my old NAD 7120 receiver just went out and it now plays nothing
but white noise when set to the tuner. Can anyone tell me a) what might be
wrong and b) whether it can be fixed at a reasonable price? I am in Los
Angeles, so if anyone knows someone local who fixes old receivers/amps, I
would appreciate an address or phone number.

Dan

MINe 109

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

Mickey, I had no idea you were so impressed with me.

Ask George Middius as I believe him to be the resident expert here.

In case anybody is wondering, I have no relationship with the Doofus tribe,
fiduciary or otherwise. My guess is Mickey is down in the doldrums again
because of his innate dumbness, and in hopes of coaxing some cutting-edge
wit out of me, he threw out this bit of ego-stroking to entice me.

He'll probably tell you to throw it away or something

Sorry to disappoint, but I have no special insight on this question. The
receiver is more than 20 years old and it wasn't expensive to begin with.
Mickey's veiled opinion does reflect what most of us would do, although why
Mr. Doofus is reluctant to come right out and say it is anybody's guess.

The radio on my old NAD 7120 receiver just went out and it now plays nothing
but white noise when set to the tuner. Can anyone tell me a) what might be
wrong and b) whether it can be fixed at a reasonable price? I am in Los
Angeles, so if anyone knows someone local who fixes old receivers/amps, I
would appreciate an address or phone number.

An alternative would be to buy an outboard tuner and plug it in to the
auxiliary jacks. Mickey and I agree that replacing the old box is the
primary line of inquiry here.

Used tuners are plentiful. If you want something new, the Tivoli Model
One desktop radio is supposed to be good for not much money.

Stephen