Posted to rec.audio.pro
Hot Carl Hot Carl is offline

Default Pops and clicks!!??

Hi!

A got a mix+ system with one 888. The other day I bought another 888,
and then my troubles began. Both 888's work fine individually, but
once you connect them both, inputs 9-16 are FILLED with digital noise
- pops and clicks.

At first I thought, it was the new 888, that was broken, but it works
fine without the other. Can you help me? I'm going insane...

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Mar 23, 4:38 am, "Hot Carl" wrote:

A got a mix+ system with one 888. The other day I bought another 888,
and then my troubles began. Both 888's work fine individually, but
once you connect them both, inputs 9-16 are FILLED with digital noise
- pops and clicks.

Got sync?

Do you know about word clock synchronization? Do you have the proper
cables and settings? There must be an instruction manual around
somewhere . . .

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Hot Carl Hot Carl is offline

Sorry I didn't answer the first question... :-)

I don't know anything about word clock sync. Can you help me with
that? Maybe that's the problem...

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Mar 23, 4:50 pm, "Hot Carl" wrote:

I don't know anything about word clock sync. Can you help me with
that? Maybe that's the problem...

That was a generic question since your problem sounds like what you
get with multiple input devices that are not synchronized. I don't
know how that system interconnects, so I can't tell you what to plug
in to where. That's a good question for the Digidesign User's
Conference, or for someone who has a setup identical to yours.

Does your manual say anything about synchronizing word clocks when you
have more than one 888 connected? I would expect that they'd get their
clock from the Mix card, but perhaps one is set incorrectly so it's
looking for a different clock source. Sorry I can't be of more help,
but you need specific Digidesign help here and I don't have the
experience.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Preben Friis Preben Friis is offline

"Hot Carl" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry I didn't answer the first question... :-)

I don't know anything about word clock sync. Can you help me with
that? Maybe that's the problem...

http://akarchive.digidesign.com/supp...tion_Guide.pdf

Page 17:

"If using multiple audio interfaces, connect the Slave Clock Out of the
primary interface to the Slave Clock In of the second interface with the
provided BNC cable. Connect the Slave Clock Out of the second interface to
the Slave Clock In of the next audio interface (and so forth)."

Further resources:

Support documents archive:
http://archive.digidesign.com/support/docs/

The 888 Manual:
http://akarchive.digidesign.com/supp...4_IO_Guide.pdf

Digi User Conference:
http://duc.digidesign.com/

/Preben Friis

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Federico Federico is offline

Yes, for what I know the first 888 should be master and must slave all the
others.
F.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Hot Carl Hot Carl is offline

On 24 Mar., 00:11, "Preben Friis" wrote:
"Hot Carl" wrote in message

oups.com...

Sorry I didn't answer the first question... :-)

I don't know anything about word clock sync. Can you help me with
that? Maybe that's the problem...

http://akarchive.digidesign.com/supp...tion_Guide.pdf

Page 17:

"If using multiple audio interfaces, connect the Slave Clock Out of the
primary interface to the Slave Clock In of the second interface with the
provided BNC cable. Connect the Slave Clock Out of the second interface to
the Slave Clock In of the next audio interface (and so forth)."

Further resources:

Support documents archive:http://archive.digidesign.com/support/docs/

The 888 Manual:http://akarchive.digidesign.com/supp...4_IO_Guide.pdf

Digi User Conference:http://duc.digidesign.com/

/Preben Friis

Yes! Thank you Preben!!! Du er da vist dansker...?? :-)

Mvh Kasper

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Hot Carl Hot Carl is offline

On 24 Mar., 01:29, "Federico" wrote:
Yes, for what I know the first 888 should be master and must slave all the
others.
F.

Thanks man!!!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Preben Friis Preben Friis is offline

"Hot Carl" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes! Thank you Preben!!! Du er da vist dansker...?? :-)

Ja, det er jeg.

/Preben Friis