Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Barry Barry is offline

Default Was Dr Hook, banging Sylvia's mother?

I think they had a think goin on!!

That sure was a begging song! damn!

Sounds like a tumb-amp fried recording to me, that's what is unique
about the Dr's sound, a sound so hot, you could almost taste the tubes
burning.

aaah I can't get no help up in here!

-

Time for me to break out the big tube. Im test driving a new vst
MONSTER TUBE plugin.

G'day

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Wally Walnuts Wally Walnuts is offline

On Mar 21, 8:30?am, "Barry" wrote:
I think they had a think goin on!!

Barry, I think Dr. Hook was actually banging YOUR father.

cordially, as always,

bg

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rich Rich is offline

Barry wrote:

Time for me to break out

Don't worry. The teen age years will pass.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Geoff Geoff is offline

Barry wrote:
I think they had a think goin on!!

That sure was a begging song! damn!

Sounds like a tumb-amp fried recording to me, that's what is unique
about the Dr's sound, a sound so hot, you could almost taste the tubes
burning.

Yes , this connundrum has preoccupied my every waking moment for decades
too.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s

Who is Sylvia?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Agent 86 Agent 86 is offline

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 06:30:09 -0700, Barry wrote:

I think they had a think goin on!!

Don't know about that, but me and Mrs. Jones did.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Ricky Hunt Ricky Hunt is offline

"Barry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I think they had a think goin on!!

That sure was a begging song! damn!

Sounds like a tumb-amp fried recording to me, that's what is unique
about the Dr's sound, a sound so hot, you could almost taste the tubes
burning.

aaah I can't get no help up in here!

Two words to the wise: Penicillin Penny

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Michael Wozniak Michael  Wozniak is offline

"Barry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I think they had a think goin on!!

That sure was a begging song! damn!

Sounds like a tumb-amp fried recording to me, that's what is unique
about the Dr's sound, a sound so hot, you could almost taste the tubes
burning.

aaah I can't get no help up in here!

-

Time for me to break out the big tube. Im test driving a new vst
MONSTER TUBE plugin.

G'day

Troll or idiot...?
Mikey

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Geoff Geoff is offline

William Sommerwerck wrote:
Who is Sylvia?

The daughter.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Agent 86 Agent 86 is offline

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:46:59 -0700, William Sommerwerck wrote:

Who is Sylvia?

Short for Sylvania, famous manufacturer of vacuum tubes.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Dr. Winston O'Boogie Dr. Winston O'Boogie is offline

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..
Who is Sylvia?

She's a hostess on the weekends, at a local restaurant.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
RDOGuy RDOGuy is offline

On Mar 21, 6:55 pm, "Michael Wozniak"
wrote:

Troll or idiot...?

Trolliot?

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Barry Barry is offline

On Mar 21, 9:54 pm, "RDOGuy" wrote:
On Mar 21, 6:55 pm, "Michael Wozniak"
wrote:

Troll or idiot...?

Trolliot?

I believe the word you're looking for is idol?

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Uni Uni is offline

Agent 86 wrote:
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:46:59 -0700, William Sommerwerck wrote:

Who is Sylvia?

Short for Sylvania, famous manufacturer of vacuum tubes.

More like a misspelled Saliva

Uni

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Romeo Rondeau Romeo Rondeau is offline

Ricky Hunt wrote:
"Barry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I think they had a think goin on!!

That sure was a begging song! damn!

Sounds like a tumb-amp fried recording to me, that's what is unique
about the Dr's sound, a sound so hot, you could almost taste the tubes
burning.

aaah I can't get no help up in here!

Two words to the wise: Penicillin Penny

How bout "Get my rocks off!"

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Ray Thomas Ray Thomas is offline

"Geoff" wrote in message
William Sommerwerck wrote:
Who is Sylvia?

The daughter.

geoff

no, wasn't that was the freaky old lady name-a Cocaine Kady who embroideries
all ma genes...? Certainly not his poor old grey haired etc etc....

Ray

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Ron Capik Ron Capik is offline

Geoff wrote:

William Sommerwerck wrote:
Who is Sylvia?

The daughter.

geoff

At this point one might just say
Love is Strange.

Later...

Ron Capik cynic in training

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Jimbace Jimbace is offline

"Dr. Winston O'Boogie" wrote in message

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..
Who is Sylvia?

She's a hostess on the weekends, at a local restaurant.

No matter who she was we know he may have been banging her but the Dr. was
certainly not fingering.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
jtees4 jtees4 is offline

On 21 Mar 2007 06:30:09 -0700, "Barry" wrote:

I think they had a think goin on!!

That sure was a begging song! damn!

Sounds like a tumb-amp fried recording to me, that's what is unique
about the Dr's sound, a sound so hot, you could almost taste the tubes
burning.

aaah I can't get no help up in here!

-

Time for me to break out the big tube. Im test driving a new vst
MONSTER TUBE plugin.

G'day

Focus had a great "sylvia" too.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Randy Yates Randy Yates is offline

jtees4 writes:

On 21 Mar 2007 06:30:09 -0700, "Barry" wrote:

I think they had a think goin on!!

That sure was a begging song! damn!

Sounds like a tumb-amp fried recording to me, that's what is unique
about the Dr's sound, a sound so hot, you could almost taste the tubes
burning.

aaah I can't get no help up in here!

-

Time for me to break out the big tube. Im test driving a new vst
MONSTER TUBE plugin.

Why not use the real thing? Yeah yeah yeah, I know, heat and cost and
weight and little things like that. Right?

I guess it depends on how serious you are about your music.

--A Former Hammond B3 Owner (who was hated by his fellow band members)

--
% Randy Yates % "With time with what you've learned,
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % they'll kiss the ground you walk

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Geoff Geoff is offline

Jimbace wrote:
"Dr. Winston O'Boogie" wrote in message

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..
Who is Sylvia?

She's a hostess on the weekends, at a local restaurant.

No, that was Alice.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Geoff Geoff is offline

jtees4 wrote:
On 21 Mar 2007 06:30:09 -0700, "Barry" wrote:

Focus had a great "sylvia" too.

Did she pocus ?

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Agent 86 Agent 86 is offline

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:12:05 +0000, Ron Capik wrote:

At this point one might just say
Love is Strange.

Man, we could'a gone all day without that.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Barry Barry is offline

Default so, RNB is a term coined bY tHe MONEY CHANGERSssss Was Dr Hook, banging Sylvia's mother?

On Mar 21, 9:04 pm, Agent 86 wrote:

Short for Sylvania, famous manufacturer of vacuum tubes.

That's the sales pitch!

I say... If it's about the money, it's lost the blues.

If it's got a good rhythm, I might put on my boogie shoes. no, my
Dancing shoes.

Like Bonnie Raitt, that's RnB to me. Not this "bubble gum rock", the
money changers try to foster off as RnB.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s

Ron Capik writes:

Geoff wrote:

William Sommerwerck wrote:
Who is Sylvia?

The daughter.

geoff

At this point one might just say
Love is Strange.

Or, as the J. Geils Band once sang, "Love Stinks." (To be taken
in multiple meanings...)
--
% Randy Yates % "Watching all the days go by...
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % Who are you and who am I?"

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Jimbace[_2_] Jimbace[_2_] is offline

"Randy Yates" wrote in message
Ron Capik writes:

Geoff wrote:

William Sommerwerck wrote:
Who is Sylvia?

The daughter.

geoff

At this point one might just say
Love is Strange.

Or, as the J. Geils Band once sang, "Love Stinks." (To be taken
in multiple meanings...)

Or, as previous girlfriends of Dr Hook sang, paraphrasing the Everly's, Love
Hurts.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Barry Barry is offline

On Mar 23, 8:49 am, Randy Yates wrote:

At this point one might just say
Love is Strange.

Or, as the J. Geils Band once sang, "Love Stinks." (To be taken
in multiple meanings...)

you're both right, it's strange stinkin up the place

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
Barry Barry is offline

On Mar 21, 9:50 pm, "Dr. Winston O'Boogie"
wrote:

She's a hostess on the weekends, at a local restaurant.

Good answer! Sylvia is whoever we need her to be.

I always got the idea that Sylvia had never properly left home.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio,rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s
jtees4 jtees4 is offline

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 08:28:42 +1200, "Geoff"
wrote:

jtees4 wrote:
On 21 Mar 2007 06:30:09 -0700, "Barry" wrote:

Focus had a great "sylvia" too.

Did she pocus ?

geoff

There was lots of Pocus, then even a little hocus.