Lugnuts

Default DBX eq's rebranded DOD's?

I read on here that DBX eq's are just rebranded DOD's. Are they the
same models rebranded or is DOD making higher order ones for them? It
makes sense, since they are both owned by Harmon International.

Mike http://www.mmeproductions.com

Mike T.

On 15 Jun 2005 17:02:48 -0700, "Lugnuts" wrote:

I read on here that DBX eq's are just rebranded DOD's. Are they the
same models rebranded or is DOD making higher order ones for them? It
makes sense, since they are both owned by Harmon International.

Mike http://www.mmeproductions.com

I own a DOD SR830Q graphic EQ and several dbx 1231 and 2231 graphic
EQs. They do not have the same features, control layout, or
connectors. Both companies are owned by Harman International.

Mike T.

Zigakly

Mike T. wrote:
On 15 Jun 2005 17:02:48 -0700, "Lugnuts" wrote:

I read on here that DBX eq's are just rebranded DOD's. Are they the
same models rebranded or is DOD making higher order ones for them? It
makes sense, since they are both owned by Harmon International.

Mike http://www.mmeproductions.com

I own a DOD SR830Q graphic EQ and several dbx 1231 and 2231 graphic
EQs. They do not have the same features, control layout, or
connectors. Both companies are owned by Harman International.

Mike T.

"Lugnuts" wrote in message
oups.com...
How do they compare in terms of sonic features etc?

I don't like any of them - coarse treble, noisy. Rane, Ashly, and
Klark-Teknik are the only analog EQ's worth using these days IMO. If DBX is
the extent of your budget look into digital EQ's, which don't help the sound
but at least don't hurt it as much. The Alesis DEQ830 offers 8 channels of
30-band EQ in 1 rack space for $500.