LOUIS LASSOFF

Default FS: AUDIO ALCHEMY DDS-3 cd player

Here is a near mint Audio Alchemy DDS-3 cd player/transport that has worked
absolutely perfectly for as long as I've owned it (about 5 years or so)
until last week. My friend came over with a new CDR that he just burned. The
player wouldn't read the disc and hasn't read any disc's since. Before that,
it worked perfectly!

I emailed Dusty Vawter of Channel Islands Audio who was like the head tech
at Audio Alchemy and was doing all their repair work when AA went out of
business. I explained the problem (as above)and he wrote back that whenever
he's seen that problem in the past, it needed a new Sony ribbon cable. I
bought the new ribbon cable from Sony and rather than paying $125 + shipping
to have it repaired, I'm selling it "as is" along with the ribbon
cable...just lost my job, need the $$$. The ribbon cable itself cost me $30

I have the original box, remote, manual, & Stereophile review on this unit.
If you are handy, you could probably solder it yourself or pay Dusty the
$125 and he'll do it for you and give you a one year guarantee on labor to
boot. Original box and manual included, I will double box it well.

This was a really nice sounding unit and has a great size and looks! Buyer
pays all shipping/insurance. Will ship to Continental US only. CASH,
CERTIFIED CHECK, MONEY ORDER ONLY! FOR PAYPAL - ADD 2.5% TO PURCHASE
PRICE....$125 OBO