Harry Lavo

Default FS privately: Linn Sondek, Syrinx PU-2; Fisher KX200, FM90B; Ortofon Step Up Transformer; Marcoff PPA-2 Pre Pre

Hi all -

I'm going to be putting this equipment up on eBay or Audiogon in another
week, but thought I'd list it here privately first, since I know many of you
appreciate first class older gear.

Linn Valhalla with Syrinx PU-2 arm. Excellent working condition and
fantastic sounding with either high-compliance or low-compliance cartridges,
due to its dual mass feature. $799 plus shipping.

Fisher KX200 in original Fisher case. Excellent condition, new EH EL34
output tubes. Originally upgraded by Bizzy Bee in 1999. $350 plus
shipping.

Fisher FM90B in original Fisher case. A sweetheart of a tuner, one of
Fisher's last tube units with superb sound quality and excellent
selectivity. All working correctly...only needs one of two dial lamps
replaced. $200 plus shipping.

Buy the two Fishers together, $500 for the pair, plus shipping. Will drive
150 miles from Springfield MA for $50 in lieu of shipping (on mutually
convenient timetable).

Marcoff PPA-2. Battery operated headamp with 7.5/30 ohm input and 27 or 35
db of gain. Operates off two 9v replaceable Duracells. Excellent as is,
can be made even more transparent ("blacker") by paralleling two .47uf
Wondercaps or equivalent across the battery terminals. This is already on
Audiogon...see http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....hon&1092609390
$95 price includes shipping anywhere within continental United States.

Ortofon Step Up transformer. The very first one, introduced along with the
SL15 cartridge in the early-mid '70's. Same specs as later TX10 and TX20
models...works with low impedance MC's with 2-3 ohm output impedances. This
includes for sure the Ortofons and the Dynavector Karats and I am led to
understand the Koetsu's and probably many more. I do know that the
Accuphase AC-2 that I have with a 5ohm impedance is two high to sound its
best. When properly matched, sound is incredibly open. $85 plus shipping,
$100 if I include four brand new Monster Cable RCA's to replace the slightly
grungy RCA's on the transformer.

Pictures of any of these will be sent upon request - please, serious
inquires only. Thanks.

Harry

--
Harry Lavo
"It don't mean a thing if it aint got that swing" - Duke Ellington