Gareth Magennis

Default Tube testers

Hi,

Which would be the best tube tester for me to buy? I only deal with guitar
amps so only need to measure and test/match the usual ECC81-83, EL34, EL84,
6L6, and 6850. And maybe KT88's though I've not seen any for years now.

It sounds like the AVO's, plenty on Ebay, are not that good?

Thanks,

Gareth.

Iain M Churches

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message
Hi,

It sounds like the AVO's, plenty on Ebay, are not that good?

One has to be very careful with anything on eBay, but there are some
incredible bargains too. A pal of mine bought a 30V 10A variable psu
(Farnell) for a heater supply. It was sold as not working.
He paid next to nothing for it, and replacing the output fuse got it
going.

I have an AVO valve tester (model CV160 IIRC) Highly recommended.
They were built for military use and so incredible rugged and should
outlast us all.

It might be worthwhile if you buy one on eBay to collect personally.
You are under no legal obligation to pay for it if it is not exactly as
described.

Caveat emptor

Iain