Gwood

Default Q's on Infinity Outrigger speakers

Hi all

Mounting a pair of outdoor speakers on my deck. The pair in question are
Infinity Outrigger. The distance from my amp to the speakers is roughly
30'. I had a large amount of old 100 MBPS Lan cable, so I created speaker
wire using this. Essentially it is 4 twisted pairs of fairly fine copper,
so I combined 4 wires each for L and R channels. The combined thickness
kind of looks like 18 gauge wire.

The speakers seem to have quite faint sound. I have to crank the amp up
much further to get reasonable volume, and performance is not what it could
be.

My question is :

Is the performance due to the speaker wire? I used the same approach with
an auxilliary set of speakers indoors (although the wire was somewhat
thicker - maybe 16 gauge?) and it worked fine.

Are these speakers just inefficient and require lots of power to achieve
good sound?