Richard Crowley

Default Replacement for BC456 transistor

"tarzan" wrote ...
Any recomendations for a modern replacement that
might be found in usa? thanks

One major supplier of replacement semiconductors is NTE
www.nteinc.com Their online cross-reference says...

NTE229

NTE replacement parts are sold in many places across the
USA including some online places like...
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/webtronics/nte229.html

A few quality milliseconds on Google will likely reveal
something convienent for you. The NTE website has an
online directory of distributors (by state, etc)...
http://www.nteinc.com/NET_St_lst/Disty.html
Richard Crowley

"tarzan" wrote ...
I spent about 2 very much non-quality hours searching
Google for a replacement that's why I asked here. Here's
what occurred to me as search parameters. Perhaps you
could explain your technique.

I first just searched on BC456+transistor to see how
"popular" it is. Some european-number transistors are
sold everywhere under their original numbers. Apparently
BC456 isn't one of them.

I also specifically checked the two big, full-service
retailors: www.digikey.com and www.mouser.com, but
neither of them list the transistor by the european number.

Then I went directly to NTE because I had prior knowledge
that they spcialize in replacement semiconductors.

NTE offers browser specific web access.

I don't know what that means?
Richard Crowley

"tarzan" wrote...
I spent about 2 very much non-quality hours searching
Google for a replacement that's why I asked here.

Sorry I wasn't more precise. I was suggesting that you can
use Google to find a source of the NTE replacement that is
most convinient to your (now that you know about the NTE
part). But the NTE website might be best for finding a
local source.
Al

Any recomendations for a modern replacement that might be found in
usa? thanks

BC456 = 2N556B/2N6007
BC456A = BC179/2N3965
BC456B = BC179/2N3965
BC456C = BC179/2N3965

I guess you might as well go for the 179 or 3965.

HTH,

Al.

Drop in replacement for BC651DS transistor? Scott Dorsey Pro Audio 11 January 4th 05 08:10 PM
Need replacement motor.... Deke Tech 3 August 2nd 04 09:23 PM
Bryston 2B output Transistor replacement Orville Phillips Tech 0 May 10th 04 04:40 AM
tube watts not equal to transistor watts? Mark General 3 September 16th 03 10:06 PM
Received replacement sub, BROKE TOO!!? Brian Car Audio 0 August 16th 03 06:21 AM