soinie

Default SubWoofer Setup

I'm using two mono blocks running one pair of speakers and this is
connected to a cdp. The mono blocks have volume controls so there is
no need for a pre amp. I want to add a sub woofer and would like some
advice on connecting it to this setup. Thank you...
Laurence Payne

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:32:53 GMT, soinie
wrote:

I'm using two mono blocks running one pair of speakers and this is
connected to a cdp. The mono blocks have volume controls so there is
no need for a pre amp. I want to add a sub woofer and would like some
advice on connecting it to this setup. Thank you...

Are you using separate amps for some sort of audiophile purist
reasons, or because that's what you happened to have lying around?
Once you add a sub bass unit, any idea of accuracy generally flies out
the window, so you might as well add a preamp so at least you can
control it properly :-)
Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro

soinie wrote:
I'm using two mono blocks running one pair of speakers and this is
connected to a cdp. The mono blocks have volume controls so there is
no need for a pre amp. I want to add a sub woofer and would like some
advice on connecting it to this setup. Thank you...

I see 3 possibilities:

1 - connect the subwoofer between the amplifiers and the existing
speakers. Most subwoofers have that possibility (speaker level
inputs).

2 - use a Behringer DCX-2496 Ultra-Drive Pro to split the low
frequencies to the subwoofer. It will be easier if you chose
a subwoofer with two line inputs but most subwoofers have that.

Specs:
http://media.samedaymusic.com/media/...ed78c46ea6.pdf

Manual:
http://media.samedaymusic.com/media/...fe70b6009d.pdf

3 - More simply, you can buy a universal player (DVD-Audio, SACD)
(for instance the Pioneer DV-575A in Europe or the DV-578 in
the US) which will split the low frequencies to the subwoofer
and connect to your existing amplifiers.

--
http://www.mat.uc.pt/~rps/

..pt is Portugal| `Whom the gods love die young'-Menander (342-292 BC)
Europe | Villeneuve 50-82, Toivonen 56-86, Senna 60-94