Default In-wall A/V wiring advice

Problem: I have an A/V input device connected to a receiver via a patch
cable. The cable currently stretches from one corner of the room to
another, which is (1) ugly (2) inconvenient and (3) potentially
dangerous (trip hazard).

Solution: In-wall cable run, approximately 20'.

In plan on using a triple RCA jack wall plate on one side of the room
to connect the A/V device; the RCA jacks will be of the feed-through
variety. On the other end (receiver), I am torn between running the
cables all the way to the receiver or installing a second RCA wall
plate. The latter option would require another set of feed-through
jacks as well as another set of cables (to hook up the receiver).

Any opinion(s) on which way I should/could go? I am unsure if the
extra set of cables/feed-throughs could significantly degrade my
signal.

Also, the wall plates that I have seen have connectors mounted at 90
degrees. Does anyone know of any plates with other mounting options
(i.e. 45 degree angle)? I want to minimize the amount of cable bending
I need to do. I can get around the problem with 90 degree male-female
RCA connector, but I would prefer an alternate solution if possible.
Cheers,
Dave

Dale Farmer

[...]

The extra set of connectors ( given decent quality make and
installation)
should not be perceptible to the human ear. There are all sorts of options

for wall plates for this sort of thing. Look at the Leviton catalog, and
the
markertek catalog for options. Your local audiophile shop will no doubt
have hugely overpriced gold-plated versions of the same parts.

--Dale