Posted to rec.audio.tubes
powerdoc powerdoc is offline

Default Are there any objective criteria to choose a 6550, KT88 or KT90 in a Jolida 502a?

I'm getting one sans tubes. If one goes through the group and googles
the terms "objective tubes" there are 302 responses, many calling other
members of the group ****s and assholes. Is there published literature
about any "science" in choosing tube types or brands, which I realize
begins to get into real or imagined subtleties and subjectivity?
Should the electrical specifications of each tube type by different
companies be the same? Do different runs of a particular
manufacturer's tube have different specs? Can you point me to some
literature to read about tubes (Harvey Rosenberg, where are you when we
need you!?). Thanks from a confused neewbie tubie.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
tubegarden tubegarden is offline

powerdoc wrote:
I'm getting one sans tubes. If one goes through the group and googles
the terms "objective tubes" there are 302 responses, many calling other
members of the group ****s and assholes. Is there published literature
about any "science" in choosing tube types or brands, which I realize
begins to get into real or imagined subtleties and subjectivity?
Should the electrical specifications of each tube type by different
companies be the same? Do different runs of a particular
manufacturer's tube have different specs? Can you point me to some
literature to read about tubes (Harvey Rosenberg, where are you when we
need you!?). Thanks from a confused neewbie tubie.

Hi RATs!

Relax. It is a crap shoot. You buy some tubes and listen. It is great
or horse**** or huh? You buy some more tubes. Your wife runs off with
the paper boy. You can't listen, clearly ... the ****s and assholes
keep typing nonsense.

Audio is for masochists. Even when it is great, you know it can't last.

Trout fishing is much more stable. Those little *******s never bite,
unless some newbie thows a dropline off a bridge ...

Flying =C= 6550C have fooled me, but Eyesore sez I fool myself. Good
luck

Happy Ears!
Al

Posted to rec.audio.tubes