Steve Grauman

Default Ford "Mach" Audio System

Never heard the Escape version, but we had it in an Eddie Bauer Expedition and
a friend had got it in a 2002 Mustang GT. Not bad as far as "premium" systems
from domestic manufacturers go. I found it a little boomy and lacking in
detail, but it is what it is. Doesn't seem to get fazed as easily as some other
factory systems by songs with lots of mid-bass. JBL makes the Mach speakers for
Ford so they are of reasonable quality, although the drivers aren't as good as
aftermarket pieces just the same as Mitsubishi's Infinity systems aren't as
good as what Infinity offers in the aftermarket. The Mustang recently underwent
a minor upgrade, he simply added a set of Alpine Type R components in the front
with a 4 channel JL Audio amp driving the new fronts and *stock* Mach rears and
even kept the stock deck. Made a big improvement in sound with very little
change in hardware.