mark mark

Default advice on 6x9 replacement

Hi,

I replaced the 4" dash speakers recently with kenwood coax--they are nice
and
bright, and the back 6x9's are quite muddy in the deck. However, it seems
that replacing the 6x9 factory single cone with coax would be too trebley.
I've already got plenty of treble with these coax on the dash. But the
factory
6x9 are waaaaaay muddy. Is there a decent single cone 6x9 that just
has better clarity? Everywhere I look the 6x9's are coax or triax.

Thanks,

Mark

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 23:36:27 GMT, "mark mark"
wrote:

Hi,

I replaced the 4" dash speakers recently with kenwood coax--they are nice
and
bright, and the back 6x9's are quite muddy in the deck. However, it seems
that replacing the 6x9 factory single cone with coax would be too trebley.
I've already got plenty of treble with these coax on the dash. But the
factory
6x9 are waaaaaay muddy. Is there a decent single cone 6x9 that just
has better clarity? Everywhere I look the 6x9's are coax or triax.

Thanks,

Mark

maybe mount some 6.5" mids in there?

Are you saying that you find 2-way 6x9's muddy ???

mark mark

wrote:

Hi,

I replaced the 4" dash speakers recently with kenwood coax--they are nice
and
bright, and the back 6x9's are quite muddy in the deck. However, it seems
that replacing the 6x9 factory single cone with coax would be too

trebley.
I've already got plenty of treble with these coax on the dash. But the
factory
6x9 are waaaaaay muddy. Is there a decent single cone 6x9 that just
has better clarity? Everywhere I look the 6x9's are coax or triax.

Thanks,

Mark

maybe mount some 6.5" mids in there?

Are you saying that you find 2-way 6x9's muddy ???

No, the factory 6x9's are muddy--and the new coax 4" in the front are sort
of trebly.
Anyway, I think I'm going to get alpine coax 6x9 for the rear, and put the
factory
4" or a better single cone 4" back in the dash, for mids. Maybe circuit city
will
take back the kenwood 4"''s. If that doesn't work--,heh, I'm putting all the
factory speakers back in like it was to begin with.

Mark

mark497

wrote:

[...]

btw, I wound up with alpine 694's 6x9 coax in the back, and
very inexpensive pioneer duo cone 4" in the dash, and it sounds
great... the kenwood coax in the dash were just too bright--one's
right in front of the steering wheel aiming at your head . cc took
the kenwoods out, refunded the money,
and didnt charge for putting the pioneers in as a replacement. however
they
did charge a little extra for installing the alpines, since i bought
them
from someone else.

Mark