Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] philedry@gmail.com is offline

Default Windows Vista Alternative to Logic Pro 7.2

Hi audio pros,

I really like Logic Pro 7.2 for the Mac. Can anyone recommend
software that will run on Vista that is as similar as possible to
Logic?

Thanks,
Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Aug 29, 1:11 pm, wrote:

I really like Logic Pro 7.2 for the Mac. Can anyone recommend
software that will run on Vista that is as similar as possible to
Logic?

Most people like Logic because it works differently from ProTools.
Most other programs try to work like ProTools. Depending on what you
like about how Logic works, you may or may not find a suitable Windows
alternative. Have you looked at Sonar? That's pretty musician-
friendly, which I think is why most people who like Logic like it.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Aug 29, 10:15 am, Mike Rivers wrote:
On Aug 29, 1:11 pm, wrote:

I really like Logic Pro 7.2 for the Mac. Can anyone recommend
software that will run on Vista that is as similar as possible to
Logic?

Most people like Logic because it works differently from ProTools.
Most other programs try to work like ProTools. Depending on what you
like about how Logic works, you may or may not find a suitable Windows
alternative. Have you looked at Sonar? That's pretty musician-
friendly, which I think is why most people who like Logic like it.

Awesome, I'll check out the demo. Thanks for the recommendation.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
DC DC is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:

Most people like Logic because it works differently from ProTools.
Most other programs try to work like ProTools.

Having used both, I know they have different layouts, but what other
differences do you see, Mike?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
e.maynard e.maynard is offline

On Aug 29, 2:33 pm, DC wrote:
Mike Rivers wrote:
Most people like Logic because it works differently from ProTools.
Most other programs try to work like ProTools.

Having used both, I know they have different layouts, but what other
differences do you see, Mike?

I'm a fan of Ableton Live 6. Some hate it, many folks love the
workflow. It's cross-platform too. Try the demo.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Aug 29, 2:33 pm, DC wrote:

Having used both, I know they have different layouts, but what other
differences do you see, Mike?

I said "most people" which doesn't include me. I've never looked
closely at either, but I know that some people prefer to work on
projects in Logic that don't need to be in ProTools, or they start in
Logic and transfer the project to ProTools at a certain point in the
production that makes sense to them.

But it seems to be a "musician" kind of thing. Many musicians (who
have the option of choice) seem to find the user interface of Logic
more conducive to their work flow, while studio engineers prefer
ProTools.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
HKC HKC is offline

Cubase!!
Having said that I switched from PC to Mac because I like Logic more than my
operating system.
skrev i en meddelelse
ups.com...
Hi audio pros,

I really like Logic Pro 7.2 for the Mac. Can anyone recommend
software that will run on Vista that is as similar as possible to
Logic?

Thanks,
Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:
On Aug 29, 1:11 pm, wrote:

I really like Logic Pro 7.2 for the Mac. Can anyone recommend
software that will run on Vista that is as similar as possible to
Logic?

Most people like Logic because it works differently from ProTools.
Most other programs try to work like ProTools. Depending on what you
like about how Logic works, you may or may not find a suitable Windows
alternative. Have you looked at Sonar? That's pretty musician-
friendly, which I think is why most people who like Logic like it.

If you actually 'like' Logic, then you may find some of the other germanic
DAW apps suitatble, such as Nuendo, Cubase, though Sequioa/Samplitude may be
too user-friendly for you.

If you prefer software that thinks in English, then Sonar or Acid are good
places to start looking. Most apps have free downlaodable demos.

Others included Vegas, REAPER, Audition, etc etc etc. You have a huge range
to choose from and they DON'T all try to look or work like ProTools
(fortunately).

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
DC DC is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:

Having used both, I know they have different layouts, but what other
differences do you see, Mike?

I said "most people" which doesn't include me. I've never looked
closely at either, but I know that some people prefer to work on
projects in Logic that don't need to be in ProTools, or they start in
Logic and transfer the project to ProTools at a certain point in the
production that makes sense to them.

But it seems to be a "musician" kind of thing. Many musicians (who
have the option of choice) seem to find the user interface of Logic
more conducive to their work flow, while studio engineers prefer
ProTools.

Thank you. The reason I asked is that I used to use Pro Tools, and miss
it a little, but now I'm using Logic. I just wondered about others' take
on the differences, in case of any inspiration that may happen.