bob wald

what i said was after less power stops sending music.more power will go
further. making it faster..its a trick answer....
i thought you would of known that..

Chris Mullins

sooo since a 4cyl car will go further on 1 gallon gas, that means that it is
faster than a car with a pratt whitney turbojet strapped to it. holy lord
bob, you're a full blooded idiot

hey bob...do you know anything??? (its a trick answer too)

"bob wald" wrote in message
what i said was after less power stops sending music.more power will go
further. making it faster..its a trick answer....
i thought you would of known that..

Kirby

I'll try to put this in perspective for you. Lets say you had a parabolic
microphone, and if you dont know what that is, it is a microphone that can
pick up sound from FAR away. So lets say you're standing 100yards from an
object that is making noise. The problem is, you can no longer hear it after
you're 50 yards away. So according to what you're saying, there would be NO
noise at 100 yards. Using the microphone you can hear the noise from 100
feet. Now, you tell me if the sound still exists or not.
"bob wald" wrote in message
i dont understand why do you care how fast sound gets to you if you cant
hear it???
anywys i'm done answering you about how fast sounds gets to you.you cant
hear....

I. Care

says...
what i said was after less power stops sending music.more power will go
further. making it faster..its a trick answer....
i thought you would of known that..

It's not a trick answer; it's an uninformed wrong answer.

Your high power amp sends audio from your speakers at 332m/s, that's a
measurement of speed by the way. My low power amp sends audio from my
speakers at 332m/s. Which sound wave is faster?

Remember, it's "a trick answer".

As Scotty said "Cap'n I cana change the laws of physics." They are
equally as fast, neither is faster. Fast=speed=332m/s for sound. Do
you think 60mph on the highway is faster for your 300hp car than 60mph
for my 150hp car? 60mph=60mph.

Now to practical audio matters.

Assuming no losses in air sound goes on forever, decreasing in intensity
following the inverse square law already explained to you with links to
authority pages. Therefore the limiting factor is the sensitivity of an
individuals ears or measuring instruments to sound volume.

So what does more power into the same speaker under the same conditions
give you, assuming the speaker has a linear power curve and can handle
the power applied?

It starts out with a higher volume (SPL) that travels at the same speed
as any other sound in air (332m/s), and decays following the same
inverse square law; but, it is audible for a greater distance not
because it's faster, but because it's louder and takes a longer distance
to decay to your threshold of hearing.

Now assume you are not sitting in the center of your car, most people
don't, and the rear speakers are further away from you than the front
speakers. I did see a car built special for IASCA World Finals where
the driver sat in the center. Yes, to get the same loudness/volume
(SPL) at your ears from rear speakers identical to your front speakers
you would need more power. This is usually done with your fader
control. You can thus feel like you are surrounded in sound instead of
hearing front staging like you do at a live concert.

However, because the rear speakers are further away, the length of time
it takes the same sound starting at the same instant in time from both
your front and rear speakers to reach your ears is increased for the
rear speakers. If your front speakers are 1m away it would take 0.0030s
(1/332s) that's 3ms to reach your ears. If your rear speakers are 2m
away (2X as far) it would take 0.0060s (2/332s) that's 6ms to reach your
ears. That is why for very critical listening where you might want the
front and rear sounds reaching your ear at exactly the same TIME you
employ time alignment methods. That is you introduce a delay in your
closer speakers to compensate for the differences in distance, a 3ms
delay in this case. This also applies for differences between left and
right speaker distances. So if your right rear speaker was the farthest
away you would have delay times for left front, right front, center
channel,right rear and all of those tweeters if they are different
distances than your mid range speakers. Note that some high-end car
audio systems come with that adjustment ability built-in, mine did.

--
I. Care

bob wald

let me put this more simply. ive said 50 times by agreeing with
you...power does not make sound faster.i've said that lots of times.but
in my lil example if underpowered sound cant reach you the more power
does make it faster for the last 10feet. u n d e r s t a n d??????

bob wald

so you all are saying if youre in a race on a track.but run out of
gas.but was faster the first 20laps you win.even thou the last few laps
you didnt finish? you think i was faster the first part of the race.so
i'm faster the last part?

MZ

bob i've said it before and i'll say it again, you ignorance is amazing.

I like how he keeps changing his tune.

9/22, 09:39AM, Bob writes: "the reason you put more power to the rears is to
make it all come togeher at the same time better.or blend better. or it
would be out of phase i guess."
9/22, 12:15PM, Bob writes: "i said more power would make the rear speakers
more noticable......not faster......."
9/22, 12:51PM, Bob writes: "also some1 says i wrote more power makes music
travel faster..please post where i said that....."
9/22, 12:59PM, Bob writes: "so more power does effect speed of travel!"
9/22, 04:33PM, Bob writes: "i never said more power will make it faster...."
9/24, 05:53PM, Bob writes: "power does effect speed over distance."
9/26, 08:10AM, Bob writes: "power does not make sound faster.i've said that
lots of times."

He's not arguing with us. He's arguing with himself. Let him keep going.
I want to see who wins.

I. Care

says...
let me put this more simply. ive said 50 times by agreeing with
you...power does not make sound faster.i've said that lots of times.but
in my lil example if underpowered sound cant reach you the more power
does make it faster for the last 10feet. u n d e r s t a n d??????

HERE WE HAVE IT AGAIN. Read your statements above, you can read can't
you? Appears my earlier comments about your poor communication skills,
grammar, spelling, and punctuation were right on the mark.

Let me help by quoting your words in this post.

"ive said 50 times by agreeing with
you...power does not make sound faster."

--I agree, power does not make sound faster.--

"if underpowered sound cant reach you the more power
does make it faster for the last 10feet."

--Here you go again stating power makes sound faster the last 10 feet.--

Power *never* makes it FASTER it makes it LOUDER. You, being quite the
car audio expert do know the difference between loudness/volume/sound
pressure level (SPL) and speed don't you?

Even correcting your error in the last quote by stating it is louder for
the last 10 feet is only partially correct. It is louder from the first
and stays louder forever.

Try this simple experiment. Start with 10watts, divide the number 10 by
2, divide that resulting answer by 2, continue dividing each resulting
answer by 2 until you reach the result of 0. You do know how to divide
by 2 don't you? Do it by hand on paper, calculators lie.

Don't post back here until you can tell everyone how many times you had
to divide by 2 to reach 0.

--
I. Care

MZ

Why bother? He's mildly retarded. He practically admitted it himself when
he brought up the fact that he sustained brain damage in an accident.

"I. Care" wrote in message
.net...
In article ,
says...
[...]

bob wald

mostly brain damage usually effects the left side as i am. meaning the
right side of the brain tends to get hurt more.its called closed head
injury......
anyways... if i were you id be embarrassed a brain damaged guy knows
more than you...lol
HA thats funny bub....
anyhow ive been busy trying to get companies i deal with to price match
that dirt cheap visonik price i found.it aint ez.
let me help yu out..theres 2 places only i buy from.....1.
audiowarehouseexpress 2. internetsoundsolutions
HAhahaHAhAHahAHahA...GOOD LUCK

MZ

mostly brain damage usually effects the left side as i am. meaning the
right side of the brain tends to get hurt more.

Yeah, if you fall on the right side of your head.

MZ

mostly brain damage usually effects the left side as i am. meaning the
right side of the brain tends to get hurt more.its called closed head
injury......
anyways... if i were you id be embarrassed a brain damaged guy knows
more than you...lol
HA thats funny bub....

Besides, I'm a bit surprised it was the right hemisphere you injured and not
the left. Your clear lack of reading comprehension smacks of some form of
Wernicke's aphasia.

bob wald

YOU are the 1 complaining you cant understand what you read.not me.ok
i typed this slow just for you.

MZ

YOU are the 1 complaining you cant understand what you read.not me.ok
i typed this slow just for you.

If you typed in larger font it would have been faster, right?

Chris Mullins

omg i think i love you now, and owe you a beer for that one

btw bob, i type at over 100wpm when i try and usually less than 5 mistakes
per page, are you saying that you type so fast you can get 5 mistakes per
sentence? (if you would even call those things sentences)

"MZ" wrote in message
YOU are the 1 complaining you cant understand what you read.not me.ok
i typed this slow just for you.

If you typed in larger font it would have been faster, right?

Kirby

"bob wald" wrote in message
let me put this more simply. ive said 50 times by agreeing with
you...power does not make sound faster.i've said that lots of times.but
in my lil example if underpowered sound cant reach you the more power
does make it faster for the last 10feet. u n d e r s t a n d??????

Well as I said in my example, this "underpowered sound" does in fact reach
you, but it's too quiet for you to hear. Another example is a person with a
hearing disorder. Some people may not hear what someone else is saying, but
the person beside them hears perfectly. So does that mean there isn't any
sound, because one person can't hear it?

t72pwrd

Why not turn your soundcard down and type at the same rate? It'd do the
same thing wouldn't it?

-Nick

"bob wald" wrote in message
YOU are the 1 complaining you cant understand what you read.not me.ok
i typed this slow just for you.

bob wald

mz..in case you are retarded..i told you i have a closed head
injury..effecting my left side...my arm mostly..so i'm typing with 1
hand..dohhhhhh
idiot.......

bob wald

well nick i dont see a sound card on my webtv.....my last post was to
chris i think if i remember his name right.

t72pwrd

Oh Lord, I forgot you were on WebTV. Thank you for reminding me of the fact
that you don't know what a computer is. The soundcard volume on a computer
sort of equates to the volume button on a TV, turn the TV down and your
posts will propagate faster. You do understand the concept of post
propagation since you're posting in a newsgroup, I assume?

-Nick

"bob wald" wrote in message
well nick i dont see a sound card on my webtv.....my last post was to
chris i think if i remember his name right.

bob wald

i never have the sound up,my tv doesnt talk to me.i read it.ty

bob wald

actually i bought a computer yrs ago....its twice as hard to use a
computer after you get use to webtv...ty

t72pwrd

I'll just BET it is!

-Nick