Posted to rec.audio.car
Ryan Ryan is offline

Default Peugeot 106 stereo wiring w/o original harness

Hi,

My girlfriends new Peugeot has some bizarre colour wires coming from the
stereo console and I cannot for the life of me find a wiring diagram on the
net to explain them.

The wires a
1 x Pink! YES PINK! (thick)
1 x Pale Blue (thick)
1 x Yellow and Green (thick)
1 x Orange (thin)
2 x Red (thin) - Front Left/Right Speaker Positive
2 x Green (thin) - Front Left/Right Speaker Negative

The red and green wires were easy to work out as I pulled off the door
rubbers and peeked at the speaker cables, however I am stuck with the pink,
blue, orange and yellow/green wires.

I went to Halfords today to get a Haynes manual but they don't stock the 106
book and I've also also been to my local Peugeot dealer who couldn't
understand why the original red socket had been cut off and wouldn't release
any wiring diagrams due to legal reasons.

I don't have a volt meter handy either but if I baught one I would never use
it again.

Does anyone have a concrete answer to this problem?

Thanks,
Ryan

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

If you can't find a wiring diagram, you may NEED to buy a voltmeter. If you
are trying to hook up an aftermarket HU (head unit) you DO NOT want to go
the "experimentation" route as you may damage your HU.

Voltmeters can be had starting around $10 and you may find you need it more
than you think (I use mine ALL the time).

With a voltmeter, you can quickly determine which is the battery wire,
ignition wire, and ground. You can then SAFELY connect up a new aftermarket
deck. With the speaker wires, you may have to engage in some
experimentation to determine which color corresponds to which speakers (just
make sure FIRST with your voltmeter that none of these "mystery" wires are
12 volt power wires).

Anyway, IMHO, when you are doing this kind of work, a voltmeter (or
multimeter) is INDISPENSABLE.

MOSFET

"Ryan" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
Ryan Ryan is offline

Thanks MOSFET, I guess a voltage meter it is then.
I didn't realise they were so cheap.

"Ryan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
Ryan Ryan is offline

Hi guys,

I have baught a volt tester and found which wires do what.

For future reference (as these newsgroups now appear in google) I have
listed the answer to this impossible to find question:

Pink - Constant Live
Pale Blue - Ignition Live
Yellow and Green - Earth
Orange - Illumination
Red - Front Positive Speakers
Green - Front Negative Speakers

The Internet is supposed to be a wealth of knowledge but this simple thing
could not be found on a 4 hour google search!

Regards,
Ryan