kevindoylemusic

Default I am only trying to do something that might be helpful for others

What is with all the negative feedback?
kevin

Professor
Music-Fanshawe College
London, On
Canada

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"kevindoylemusic" wrote in message oups.com...
What is with all the negative feedback?
kevin

Professor
Music-Fanshawe College
London, On
Canada

Examine the threads that develop from your posts again on... um, say
Wednesday night. I think you'll discover that it's not really "negative".

www.recaudiopro.net

Peace,

DM

Logan Shaw

kevindoylemusic wrote:
What is with all the negative feedback?

If you're the one who's been posting all these long articles on
various subjects, I can tell you the one problem I had with them:
you posted them, but you didn't give any context. You didn't say
why you posted them, whether you wrote them or if not who did,
whether (if you wrote them) you wrote them for this newsgroup or
are recycling them from elsewhere.

From the tone of the articles (and their length and regularlity),
it appeared that they weren't originally composed to be posted
for rec.audio.pro. And since it wasn't apparent whether you wrote
them, it wasn't clear whether you were just digging stuff up on
the web and posting it, or trying to post stuff to get people
to check out a web site, or what. You might have been trying to
be helpful, or you might be plagiarizing. It just wasn't clear
what you were/are doing.

At any rate, the whole point of newsgroups is person-to-person
communication. Anything that's not person-to-person communication
will make some people annoyed, because they feel like you're
talking at them instead of to them, and if you're not here to
talk person-to-person, then they have to wonder why you *are* here.
(YOU may be here for your own personal gain, but lots of people are.)

Anyway, if you have written these articles yourself, you'd have
gotten a lot better response if you'd simply put a quick
"Here is an article I wrote, and I thought some of you might
find it interesting" at the beginning. Or put them all on a
web site and post a link, and maybe a list of titles of the
articles or a description of them or something.

Whatever you do, just remember that there is a giant web out there
full of tens or hundreds of millions of pages of random stuff, so
if someone wants to read an article, they can find all they want
of that elsewhere. People come to Usenet in order to interact with
other people, even if 90% of the interaction is just talking shop.

- Logan
db

Basically because there are a handfull of dickheads here who will look
for any opening to insult someone, even with good intentions. It says
more about them than you.

Other than that it is a good forum.

Bob Cain

kevindoylemusic wrote:
What is with all the negative feedback?

It's typically what happens here and in some other places
when you say what you know and people don't know who you
are. Sad, I know, but that's the way it is where ego's
abound and are too frequently established and supported by
put down. 'Fraid I do it too, by kneejerk and way more
often than I would wish, and find it embarassing to see
myself in the mirror of other's behaviors. Heavy sigh.

There are a lot of knowledgable people here who didn't join
the bullying, so judge your reception more by them instead.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Joe Sensor

db wrote:

Basically because there are a handfull of dickheads here who will look
for any opening to insult someone, even with good intentions.

Wow. And even included an example.
Terry

"kevindoylemusic" wrote in
oups.com:

What is with all the negative feedback?
kevin

As you may already know, on this NG there is never a shortage of arseholes
who try to belittle other people and their efforts.

In effect, these types are saying "I am better than you".

This means they could be insecure, or perhaps bitter (because they don't
feel they're getting the recognition they 'truly deserve')

It's all about ego. I'm certain that when some of these guys go to bed at
night, they lay there genuinly unable to figure out why the entire world
doesn't recognise their greatness.

Regards,

Terry
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Terry" wrote in message...

...on this NG there is never a shortage of arseholes
who try to belittle other people and their efforts....

With this being your whopping sixth post to this group, you are
sooooooo keenly qualified to lay judgement.

If you think there are arses here, laddy... you don't bleedin' get
around too much.

db

"db wrote:
Basically because there are a handfull of dickheads here who will

look
for any opening to insult someone, even with good intentions.

Wow. And even included an example. "

Yeah, I'm not above it sometimes...true enough. Touche

Terry

"David Morgan \(MAMS\)" wrote in

With this being your whopping sixth post to this group, you are
sooooooo keenly qualified to lay judgement.

Read the posts & jump in and answer whatever you think you can; be open
to other concepts and viewpoints; stay cool and don't let the flames get to
you, and you'll be In Like Flint.

Regards,

Terry

Logan Shaw

Logan Shaw wrote:
(YOU may be here for your own personal gain, but lots of people are.)

Oops, that should've read "YOU may NOT be here for your own personal
gain, but lots of people are".

- Logan
Terry

Bob Cain wrote in
:

kevindoylemusic wrote:
What is with all the negative feedback?

It's typically what happens here and in some other places
when you say what you know and people don't know who you
are. Sad, I know, but that's the way it is where ego's
abound and are too frequently established and supported by
put down. 'Fraid I do it too, by kneejerk and way more
often than I would wish, and find it embarassing to see
myself in the mirror of other's behaviors. Heavy sigh.

There are a lot of knowledgable people here who didn't join
the bullying, so judge your reception more by them instead.

Bob

I like what you have just posted - it would be nice if more people would
be this honest.

Regards,

Terry

hank alrich

db wrote:

Basically because there are a handfull of dickheads here who will look
for any opening to insult someone, even with good intentions.

If I'd wanted to insult him I'd have asked him what was Glenn Gould's
favorite kind of pizza.

It says more about them than you.

If you find his treatises enchanting a subscription to _Recording_ might
be spot-on for you. Seriously.

--
ha
Geoff Wood

"kevindoylemusic" wrote in message
oups.com...
What is with all the negative feedback?
kevin

Professor
Music-Fanshawe College
London, On
Canada

Thanks for what you are doing.

However the phrasiology could be changed to clarify that the techniques
explained are not THE way to do things, but are generalised starting points.

geoff

john

I want to thank-you for posting the tips on recording techniques. You don't
know how much it will be of help for my personal home recording hobby.
I think the negative feedback comes from all those regular posters here who
monopolize who they help, what products they recommend,etc. Some of them are
audio salesmen who want to make sales; some want to make money through
studio work; some just want to show-off and belittle people who don't agree
with them, don't treat them like potentates, or merely because they feel
like it. These people will resent the fact that you gave a fairly complete
guide to home recording and an honest recommendation for equipment.
This makes all the regular big shot know-it-all posters (or poseurs)
obselete, irrelevant, superfluous. They thrive or are addictic to the
attention they get answering peoples questions over and over again - it
gives them an inflated sense of self-importance. They are a gang that
supports each other when any one of them comes under attack. If you rub them
the wrong way they will blacklist you as a persona non grata. This is the
kind of people alot of the regulars here are like. Though there are many
nice people on this newsgroup as well. What I do is ignore the not so nice
ones who will remain nameless.

"kevindoylemusic" wrote in message
oups.com...
What is with all the negative feedback?
kevin

Professor
Music-Fanshawe College
London, On
Canada

john

"Logan Shaw" wrote in message
news
Logan Shaw wrote:
(YOU may be here for your own personal gain, but lots of people are.)

Oops, that should've read "YOU may NOT be here for your own personal
gain, but lots of people are".

- Logan

I THINK LOGAN GOT IT RIGHT WHEN HE SAYS;
"YOU MAY NOT BE HERE FOR PERSONAL GAIN, BUT LOTS OF PEOPLE ON THE
REC.AUDIO.PRO NEWSGROUP ARE HERE FOR PERSONAL GAIN."

YOU CAN LOCATE THESE FOLKS BY THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS YOU RECEIVED ON YOUR
POSTS. SOME OTHERS ARE TOO SMART TO REVEAL THEMSELVES OR ARE TOO AFRAID OR
ARE VERY SAVVY AND WILY IN NOT GIVING AWAY THEIR TRUE DISHONEST AND SELVISH
PURPOSE ON THIS NEWSGROUP.

Jonny Durango

Some people here

--

Jonny Durango

"Patrick was a saint. I ain't."

http://www.jdurango.com

"kevindoylemusic" wrote in message
oups.com...
What is with all the negative feedback?
kevin

Professor
Music-Fanshawe College
London, On
Canada

Jonny Durango

eh, accidentally hit

--

Jonny Durango

"Patrick was a saint. I ain't."

http://www.jdurango.com

"kevindoylemusic" wrote in message
oups.com...
What is with all the negative feedback?
kevin

Professor
Music-Fanshawe College
London, On
Canada

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Terry" wrote in message ...

Read the posts & jump in and answer whatever you think you can; be open
to other concepts and viewpoints; stay cool and don't let the flames get to
you, and you'll be In Like Flint.

Touche'

;-)

Joe Sensor

john wrote:

YOU CAN LOCATE THESE FOLKS BY THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS YOU RECEIVED ON YOUR
POSTS. SOME OTHERS ARE TOO SMART TO REVEAL THEMSELVES OR ARE TOO AFRAID OR
ARE VERY SAVVY AND WILY IN NOT GIVING AWAY THEIR TRUE DISHONEST AND SELVISH
PURPOSE ON THIS NEWSGROUP.

Well thanks, "John", it does seem you've got it all figured out.

Joe Sensor

john wrote:

I want to thank-you for posting the tips on recording techniques. You don't
know how much it will be of help for my personal home recording hobby.

Um, right.
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Joe Sensor" wrote in message ...
john wrote:

I want to thank-you for posting the tips on recording techniques. You don't
know how much it will be of help for my personal home recording hobby.

Um, right.

At least if John Googles a few words from the posts, he'll find another
few thousand articles to help make things even better.

hank alrich

x-no archive: yes

john wrote:

"Logan Shaw" wrote...
Logan Shaw wrote:
(YOU may be here for your own personal gain, but lots of people are.)

Oops, that should've read "YOU may NOT be here for your own personal
gain, but lots of people are".

I THINK LOGAN GOT IT RIGHT WHEN HE SAYS;
"YOU MAY NOT BE HERE FOR PERSONAL GAIN, BUT LOTS OF PEOPLE ON THE
REC.AUDIO.PRO NEWSGROUP ARE HERE FOR PERSONAL GAIN."

YOU CAN LOCATE THESE FOLKS BY THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS

Anything like hog bellies? I mean, without all the negativity? You ever
had negative feedbacks in a live sound situation? It's like totally
scary, dude, because all the sound in the room gets sucked right into
the speakers and disappears. You got to find different size guys to
crawl right into each driver and pull that sound back out before it
clogs up the crossovers.

YOU RECEIVED ON YOUR POSTS.

I get a paid quite a lot to post here so don't go 'round callously
abusing my major income stream. Of course, what I earn is nothing
compared to the likes of Rivers and Dorsey, not to mention the
outrageous tithing to the Pope. Dude, you're onto something, or on
something, or both.

SOME OTHERS ARE TOO SMART TO REVEAL THEMSELVES OR ARE TOO AFRAID OR
ARE VERY SAVVY AND WILY IN NOT GIVING AWAY THEIR TRUE DISHONEST AND SELVISH
PURPOSE ON THIS NEWSGROUP.

Other people post outrightly using their very own real names. Who knows,
maybe they're even real people. Some of them can even locate the
capslock key. _Mavis Bacon's Typing Pointeries for the Fatfingered_
might prove useful to you. I assume you can read lowercase, too.

However, don't attempt to record nylon string guitars using dynamic mics
if you wish to avoid injury. They just don't cut it, but they might cut
you, considering relative sharpnesses, which means they also won't work
for most clarinets, either. That's the flat-out truths of the matters.

My eamil address is real, so now you know where to send the money.

--
ha
john

"Joe Sensor" wrote in message
john wrote:

I want to thank-you for posting the tips on recording techniques. You

don't
know how much it will be of help for my personal home recording hobby.

Um, right.

John Sensor
Um...Audio Salesman?
Nah.

john

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message

"Joe Sensor" wrote in message

john wrote:

I want to thank-you for posting the tips on recording techniques. You

don't
know how much it will be of help for my personal home recording hobby.

Um, right.

At least if John Googles a few words from the posts, he'll find another
few thousand articles to help make things even better.

David Moragn
Er...Audio Salesman?
Nope...I don't think so!

john

"hank alrich" wrote in message
.. .
x-no archive: yes

john wrote:

"Logan Shaw" wrote...
Logan Shaw wrote:
[...]

Um...Hank Alrich?
Audio Salesman?
Furgetaboutit!

hank alrich

x-no archive: yes

john a yahoo wrote:

Um...Hank Alrich?
Audio Salesman?
Furgetaboutit!

I have nothing to sell. You have nothing to offer.

--
ha
hank alrich

john a yahoo wrote:

You don't
know how much it will be of help for my personal home recording hobby.

Oh, yes, I do!

--
ha
hank alrich

x-no archive" yes

john a yahoo wrote:

David Moragn
Er...Audio Salesman?
Nope...I don't think so!

That is correct, David is not a salesman. You're starting to catch on!

And man, that typing thing worked out really well for you!! Too bad
about the reading thing. Oh, well.

--
ha

john

Hanki you sure have alot of time on your hands answering all these posts so
diligently. I hope you don't miss the other one I posted. Just look I little
further up on this thread. While I'm at it I might as well answer your
response to this post right now...It will save me some time coming back and
checking to see if you replied....What do you think I should say to your
reply? I think that'll be my response to your eventual response. Do you like
it?
How do you like my new nickname for you: "Hanki"?
Cute no?

john a yahoo wrote:

David Moragn
Er...Audio Salesman?
Nope...I don't think so!

That is correct, David is not a salesman. You're starting to catch on!

And man, that typing thing worked out really well for you!! Too bad
about the reading thing. Oh, well.

--
ha

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"john" wrote in message ...

If you have nothing to sell what are you doing here?

All right.... who is this *really* ?? Get a computer for Christmas,
just discover newsgroups, or is it sock-puppet time?

wow... I haven't even seen that word in months

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

x-no archive: yes

"john" deliriously spewed forth nothing worth quoting...

This sure has been a great day, hasn't it John?

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

john a yahoo wrote:

You don't
know how much it will be of help for my personal home recording hobby.

Oh, yes, I do!

--
ha

D'Oh !! Gaack.... choke.... coffee in the keyboard. Too much.

"A Yahoo...." Oh, my side is splitting! Untouchable flair, Hank.

Sheeesh... stop hanging around for a few days and there's a whole
new set of trolls and police in the room. Ah well, life goes on.

play_on

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 01:21:36 -0500, "john" wrote:

Hanki you sure have alot of time on your hands answering all these posts so
diligently. I hope you don't miss the other one I posted. Just look I little
further up on this thread. While I'm at it I might as well answer your
response to this post right now...It will save me some time coming back and
checking to see if you replied....What do you think I should say to your
reply? I think that'll be my response to your eventual response. Do you like
it?
How do you like my new nickname for you: "Hanki"?

Better Hanki than Wanky. (If the shoe fits)

Al

Cute no?

"hank alrich" wrote in message
. ..
x-no archive" yes

john a yahoo wrote:

David Moragn
Er...Audio Salesman?
Nope...I don't think so!

That is correct, David is not a salesman. You're starting to catch on!

And man, that typing thing worked out really well for you!! Too bad
about the reading thing. Oh, well.

--
ha

db

"D'Oh !! Gaack.... choke.... coffee in the keyboard. Too much.

"A Yahoo...." Oh, my side is splitting! Untouchable flair,
Hank."

Hey Dave, maybe Hank will let you carry his golf clubs. Maybe you can
touch the old stud's Studer. What this room needs is a few more
sycophants. Was that coffee you were choking on?

Richard Crowley

john a yahoo wrote:

Um...Hank Alrich?
Audio Salesman?
Furgetaboutit!

I have nothing to sell. You have nothing to offer.

I wonder if he knows what "plonk" means.
Hint: it has something to do with SNR.

Dave Kowalski

Kevin,

Solution: If you wish to avoid the flames (regardless of whether they are
justified or not) simply put these documents on a website, and post a link
with a paragraph or so in this newsgroup describing their content.
Everyone here should be satisfied.

Those looking for info will click the link, and anyone that would accuse you
of egomania or overposting will not be offended.
Anyone who would see your posts as pontification can choose not to go there.

regards,

Dave Kowalski
Bennett Studios LLC
www.bennettstudios.com