Bruce J. Richman

Default XM Radio Entering the Audiophile Arena?

There's an interesting news report re. XM Radio's latest offerings and planned
entry into audio hobbyist territory in the latest Stereophile website updates.
Polk Audio is apparently planning to introduce an XM Receiver suitable for use
in component systems.

I'm considering future use of an XM Radio receiver in a variety of locations
(car, computer desk, home). I'd be interested in any comments about both the
sound quality and especially the reception with both inside and outside use of
their antennas.

Bruce J. Richman

Arny Krueger

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

There's an interesting news report re. XM Radio's latest offerings
and planned entry into audio hobbyist territory in the latest
Stereophile website updates. Polk Audio is apparently planning to
introduce an XM Receiver suitable for use in component systems.

I'm considering future use of an XM Radio receiver in a variety of
locations (car, computer desk, home). I'd be interested in any
comments about both the sound quality and especially the reception
with both inside and outside use of their antennas.

On the same order as a good MP3, maybe a little worse.

IOW stunningly better than cassette, and somewhat more noise and distortion
free than vinyl.

Arny Krueger

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

There's an interesting news report re. XM Radio's latest offerings
and planned entry into audio hobbyist territory in the latest
Stereophile website updates. Polk Audio is apparently planning to
introduce an XM Receiver suitable for use in component systems.

You mean at

http://www.stereophile.com/news/082304xm/

Interesting article. The hardware offerings seem to follow a pattern that
we've seen with high-end CD players. The majority of the signal-handling
equipment appears to be the same chipset and circuitry as the commodity
recievers. This makes sense because that is where the vast majority of the
technology and innovation can be found. A high-end veneer composed of

"Burr/Brown DACs; a signal-boosting preamp section with 104dB S/N; and
discrete PCBs for its power supply, display, connector module, and audio
boards"

This neatly obfuscates the fact that the major technological factor that
limits sound quality is the perceptual coding and signal processing that
makes the XM format possible.

You can have the best DACs in the world, but if the analog signal you are
reconstructing was lossy-compressed until the figurative eagle grinned, its
gonna sound like what its gonna sound like!

dave weil

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:58:18 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

You can have the best DACs in the world, but if the analog signal you are
reconstructing was lossy-compressed until the figurative eagle grinned, its
gonna sound like what its gonna sound like!

That's the audio version of what I was talking about regarding
satellite video reception. There's a lot of really compressed stuff
going out on the consumer satellite airwaves right now, *including*
network stuff like The West Wing, which has a lot of banding and
shifting and "melting" faces. However, it seems to be content-based,
and I don't remember such artifacts in general on cable (at least not
to the extent that I'm seeing it now). Some of the programming seems
unaffected, so it's not necessarily an indictment on the broadcasting
system.
Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

There's an interesting news report re. XM Radio's latest offerings
and planned entry into audio hobbyist territory in the latest
Stereophile website updates. Polk Audio is apparently planning to
introduce an XM Receiver suitable for use in component systems.

I'm considering future use of an XM Radio receiver in a variety of
locations (car, computer desk, home). I'd be interested in any
comments about both the sound quality and especially the reception
with both inside and outside use of their antennas.

On the same order as a good MP3, maybe a little worse.

IOW stunningly better than cassette, and somewhat more noise and

distortion
free than vinyl.

AFA Sirius, like a mediocre mp3, worse than vinyl or well made
home recorded cassette, better than prerecorded cassette.

Margaret von Busenhalter-Butt

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message
There's an interesting news report re. XM Radio's latest offerings and

planned
entry into audio hobbyist territory in the latest Stereophile website

updates.
Polk Audio is apparently planning to introduce an XM Receiver suitable for

use
in component systems.

Hi Bruce!

I'm afraid it will be pointless. The streams are too compressed to benefit
from a high end unit. The Sirius Audiovox and XM Delphi receivers are plenty
good for the source material. But then again, Polk is not exactly high end
either...

I'm considering future use of an XM Radio receiver in a variety of

locations
(car, computer desk, home). I'd be interested in any comments about both

the
sound quality and especially the reception with both inside and outside

use of
their antennas.

Bruce J. Richman

I have a Sirius in my Navigator and the Audiovox unit and the boombox in my
house. I also had a XM in my H2, but I discontinued the service. This is my
take on them.

Reception: XM wins hands down when the going gets tough. However, most of
the time both work just fine. With the terresrial transmitters in San
Antonio, the Sirius never craps out in my house.

Sound quality: Depends heavily on the stream. Sirius varies more and has the
best sounding streams but it also has some of the worst ones. Overall, the
quality is something like a MP3 you can download from KaZaa. Not all that
great but passable for cars and background. But if you listen through, say,
Martin-Logan Prodigys, you'll soon realize how bad it is. For some reason
Mackie HR824 monitors make it fairly listenable in my office. But no deep
bass, severely limited dynamics, 2D image and hashy treble is what you can
expect if you listen critically. Thankfully the music streams sound a lot
better in general than the other streams.

Programming: I cannot deal with trailerpark trash right wing talk radio.
KTSA and WOAI already fill our local airwaves with it. Therefore,
discontinuing the XM in my H2 was inevitable. Although it could be argued
that their music content is at least as good as Sirius. But if you're a die
hard republican, XM's the way to go.

Hope this helps.

Margaret

Clyde Slick

"Margaret von Busenhalter-Butt" wrote in message

[...]

The news and talk radio sounds like it was recorded off of a telephone.
"At least" they allocate their bandwith using some common sense.

Bruce J. Richman

Hi Margaret:

[...]

Hmmmm. Martin-Logans, yes, but not Prodigys. (CLS IIs). But the results will
be very similar, I suspect. That's discouraging.. I like the idea of a lot of
different types of music, and the opportunity to audition stuff I wouldn't
otherwise buy sound unheard so to speak.

For some reason
Mackie HR824 monitors make it fairly listenable in my office. But no deep
bass, severely limited dynamics, 2D image and hashy treble is what you can
expect if you listen critically. Thankfully the music streams sound a lot
better in general than the other streams.

Programming: I cannot deal with trailerpark trash right wing talk radio.
KTSA and WOAI already fill our local airwaves with it. Therefore,
discontinuing the XM in my H2 was inevitable. Although it could be argued
that their music content is at least as good as Sirius. But if you're a die
hard republican, XM's the way to go.

I suspect our political views are very similar.

Here in South Florida, one of the major AM stations (WRMF), just changed from
an all sports-talk format to an Air America format, so I'm able to hear the
"O'Franken Factor" (that's what he used to call it to tick off O'Reilly), Randi
Rhodes, and the other members of liberal radio. That's a nice counterbalance
to the bombast of Limbaugh, Hannity, etc.

Aside from the music channels, I'm intrigued by the selection of comedy
channels, since I collect comedy records from most of the better known
comedians.

Hope this helps.

Margaret

Thanks for your comments.

Bruce J. Richman

Matthew Weigel

dave weil wrote:

That's the audio version of what I was talking about regarding
satellite video reception. There's a lot of really compressed stuff
going out on the consumer satellite airwaves right now, *including*
network stuff like The West Wing, which has a lot of banding and
shifting and "melting" faces. However, it seems to be content-based,
and I don't remember such artifacts in general on cable (at least not
to the extent that I'm seeing it now).

Have you used digital cable? On digital channels (not all are
transmitted digitally), the same problems crop up.

--
Matthew Weigel
the email address is real
Joseph Oberlander

Bruce J. Richman wrote:

There's an interesting news report re. XM Radio's latest offerings and planned
entry into audio hobbyist territory in the latest Stereophile website updates.
Polk Audio is apparently planning to introduce an XM Receiver suitable for use
in component systems.

I'm considering future use of an XM Radio receiver in a variety of locations
(car, computer desk, home). I'd be interested in any comments about both the
sound quality and especially the reception with both inside and outside use of
their antennas.

Wonderful AM stereo quality muzak 24/7 times a hundred channels.

I think I'll pass on this marvel of technology.

dave weil

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:16:49 -0500, Matthew Weigel

dave weil wrote:

That's the audio version of what I was talking about regarding
satellite video reception. There's a lot of really compressed stuff
going out on the consumer satellite airwaves right now, *including*
network stuff like The West Wing, which has a lot of banding and
shifting and "melting" faces. However, it seems to be content-based,
and I don't remember such artifacts in general on cable (at least not
to the extent that I'm seeing it now).

Have you used digital cable? On digital channels (not all are
transmitted digitally), the same problems crop up.

Yes, my previous system was digital cable. But it was almost a year
ago, so I can't say for certain that I didn't see the same level of
problems. I just don't remember it being so noticable. Also, it didn't
utilize a DVR receiver either. I suspect that the DVR makes a
difference as well.
Clyde Slick

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
link.net...

Bruce J. Richman wrote:

There's an interesting news report re. XM Radio's latest offerings and

planned
entry into audio hobbyist territory in the latest Stereophile website

updates.
Polk Audio is apparently planning to introduce an XM Receiver suitable

for use
in component systems.

I'm considering future use of an XM Radio receiver in a variety of

locations
(car, computer desk, home). I'd be interested in any comments about

both the
sound quality and especially the reception with both inside and outside

use of
their antennas.

Wonderful AM stereo quality muzak 24/7 times a hundred channels.

I think I'll pass on this marvel of technology.

muzak??

except for some self promotion, its more like FM without advertising.

Joseph Oberlander

Bruce J. Richman wrote:

[...]

It's the same few hundred genre-locked canned songs per channel.
Listen to the muzak channels on the cable box - it gets old fast.

The local FM stations - they can play rock one minute and an
old classic blues piece another and then something thrash-punk
the next. And they sound better, especially in a home system, where
you're a fool if you can't manage to put a nice FM antenna in.

Margaret von Busenhalter-Butt

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Bruce J. Richman wrote:

[...]

And how does the FM antenna address the problem of overprocessed and
compressed to death FM broadcast that is typical of 90 percent of the
stations?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Margaret

PS. When are you gonna get clue, Dear Joseph?

Bruce J. Richman

Margaret wrote:

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
thlink.net...

Bruce J. Richman wrote:

[...]

Once one accepts the fact that both satellite radio and FM broadcasts are
compromised by technical problems in transmissions, other variables become more
important. Satellite radio obviously has the advantage of many more choices
and diversity available to listeners. And unlike many FM broadcasts, you
actually know what's playing via the text readouts.

All in all, a good way to explore different types of music, especially for
those that believe there is a world beyond the latest Billboad Top Rock album
lists.

And it's also useful for those that might light to sample some humor to lighten
their moods . (Comedy channels, etc.);

About the only useful humor my local radio channels have are Phil Hendrie and
Howard Stern. (and Howard can get boring if one listens to often).

XM Radio should make a deal with Phil Hendrie, however. His "characters" are
sometmies hilarious. A very clever show.

Bruce J. Richman

Margaret von Busenhalter-Butt

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message
Margaret wrote:

snip

[...]

Here in South/Central TX we have neither these days. Stern used to be in
Austin but was replaced a few years ago with copycats Dudley & Bob. F***ing
Dudley and f***ing Bob! I'm not kidding either. Dudley even tries to look
and sound like Howard...at a fraction of the cost.

Of course Howard was -famously- kicked out of Dallas too this summer due to
his Bush comments by Lawry Mays and his children who single handedly run
Clearchannel.

Clearchannel's flagship station WOAI AM 1200 amusingly imploded big time in
San Antonio this year. Not only did they swap their top rated drive time
show to a total bore from Oklahoma but they also did away with Phil. His
replacement is the great white hope Hannity (sp?). I loved Hendrie at times,
especially Ted Bell, Steve Bozell, Bobbie Dooley and Vernon Dozier. My
sister says I'm a lot like Bobbie...that bitch!

I actually fixed this Hendrie situation by an elaborate MW antenna/noise
supression/Drake R8B receiver setup that allows me to pull in Phil from KKTX
AM 1360 in Corpus Christi about 150 miles south. Phil should just stick to
the satire and stop preaching - his characters are so much wittier than he
is. But I suppose that CC insists on some propaganda in order to keep him
employed.

You do have a good taste in talk radio, Bruce!

Cheers,

Margaret

Bruce J. Richman

Margaret wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message
Margaret wrote:

snip

[...]

Thanks, Margaret. I first got introduced to Hendrie's act before he hit it big
in California. He actually was employed by one of the Miami radio stations for
a while and they stupidly let him go after about 2 years. The rest is history.
As for Howard, we had the same experience with Clear Channel here in South
Florida. They canned him also. But he's just now coming back on a non-Clear
Channel outlet. Between that and one of our stations now broadcasting the Air
America lineup, there's some light at the end of the tunnel.

Bruce J. Richman

dave weil

Bruce J. Richman wrote:

[...]

We now have Sirius channels in addition to the old music channels on
Dish Network and there are some really good channels on there. My
current favorite is called "American Garage" or something like that.
It's programmed by Steven Van Zandt of Springsteen and Sopranos fame.
Really great selection of tunes. It's sort of "garage rock", but he
throws other things in as well - it's not *all* lo-fi, revivalist, or
protopunk. There are other speciality channels that I've enjoyed as
well. The neat thing is that I'm hearing a lot of bands that I've
either never heard of, or have been wanting to hear, bands like Cotton
Mather and The Insomniacs.

The local FM stations - they can play rock one minute and an
old classic blues piece another and then something thrash-punk
the next. And they sound better, especially in a home system, where
you're a fool if you can't manage to put a nice FM antenna in.

I agree that these channels *are* genre channels and I like the
variety of a good college station, but unfortunately not everyone has
one of those in their neighborhood. Our local Vanderbilt station has
some good shows WHEN IT'S ON THE AIR, which seems less often than when
it's off the air.

The sound quality of the Dish channels seems "acceptable" in the same
way that a good FM signal is "acceptable".
MINe 109

"Margaret von Busenhalter-Butt" wrote:

Here in South/Central TX we have neither these days. Stern used to be in
Austin but was replaced a few years ago with copycats Dudley & Bob. F***ing
Dudley and f***ing Bob! I'm not kidding either. Dudley even tries to look
and sound like Howard...at a fraction of the cost.

Dudley's been on the air for fifteen years. Stern was on a different
channel. You're welcome to your opinion of Dudley, Bob and co.

http://www.dudleyandbobshow.com/

Stephen
Bruce J. Richman

Stephen wrote:

In article ,
"Margaret von Busenhalter-Butt" wrote:

Here in South/Central TX we have neither these days. Stern used to be in
Austin but was replaced a few years ago with copycats Dudley & Bob. F***ing
Dudley and f***ing Bob! I'm not kidding either. Dudley even tries to look
and sound like Howard...at a fraction of the cost.

Dudley's been on the air for fifteen years. Stern was on a different
channel. You're welcome to your opinion of Dudley, Bob and co.

http://www.dudleyandbobshow.com/

Stephen

I can't comment on Austin's local show since it's not available elsewhere
AFAIK.

But for Margaret, myself, and others that appreciate creative humor, XM Radio
has signed up Phil Hendrie - a good reason to support them.

http://www.philhendrieshow.com

And on TV, check out the Comedy Channel's 2 best shows - Carnk Yankers and the
Dave Chapelle show.

The former has a character called "Special Ed" who always reminds me of 2 of
RAO's more, er............ limited........posters. Also, Birchum, the Viet Nam
veteran is a hoot. If I knew the telephone numbers of some of RAO's regulars,
I wouldn't mind submitting them to the writers at Crank Yankers.

Chappelle is just over the top IMHO, in the same way that the Wayans brothers
used to be on In Living Color. (Remember Homie D. Clown?)

Bruce J. Richman

Clyde Slick

Bruce J. Richman wrote:

[...]

I listen to the blues channel, and I have yet to hear a repeat.

Bruce J. Richman

Bruce J. Richman wrote:

[...]

Have they played the "Bourgeois Blues", as done by Ry Cooder? (Highly
recommended LP = Chicken Skin Music).

Bruce J. Richman

"MINe 109" wrote in message
"Margaret von Busenhalter-Butt" wrote:

Here in South/Central TX we have neither these days. Stern used to be in
Austin but was replaced a few years ago with copycats Dudley & Bob.

F***ing
Dudley and f***ing Bob! I'm not kidding either. Dudley even tries to

look
and sound like Howard...at a fraction of the cost.

Dudley's been on the air for fifteen years. Stern was on a different
channel. You're welcome to your opinion of Dudley, Bob and co.

http://www.dudleyandbobshow.com/

Stephen

Hello Stephen!

I'm sorry if I offended you as a Dudley fan. I suppose I had heard before
about his long tenure in Austin. I just think his "Howard on Prozac" act is
very unoriginal and was purposely designed to fill the void in Howard's
absence. However, a friend from Austin just e-mailed me that Howard is back
in Austin! Supposed to be 104.3 FM KQBT. Do you know if this is true? I
better put my antenna rotator to work one of these mornings and see how the
reception is.

Cheers,

Margaret

Margaret von Busenhalter-Butt

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message
Stephen wrote:

In article ,
[...]

Hendrie is the reason I kept XM for a few months after I bought my car. Of
course putting up $700 worth of antennas and noise reduction in order to
save $10/month with XM is also pretty questionable economics! But of course
my MW setup has plenty of other uses as well.

And on TV, check out the Comedy Channel's 2 best shows - Carnk Yankers and

the
Dave Chapelle show.

Chapelle just got $50 million deal for 2 years with Comedy Central. Many
people obviously agree with you!

The former has a character called "Special Ed" who always reminds me of 2

of
RAO's more, er............ limited........posters. Also, Birchum, the

Viet Nam
veteran is a hoot. If I knew the telephone numbers of some of RAO's

regulars,
I wouldn't mind submitting them to the writers at Crank Yankers.

Chappelle is just over the top IMHO, in the same way that the Wayans

brothers
used to be on In Living Color. (Remember Homie D. Clown?)

Ferstler would make a hilarious real life character for Hendrie - better
than some of his imaginary ones. Besides the deal would finally allow Howard
to acquire a real "system".

Cheers,

Margaret

MINe 109

"Margaret von Busenhalter-Butt" wrote:

Hello Stephen!

I'm sorry if I offended you as a Dudley fan. I suppose I had heard before
about his long tenure in Austin. I just think his "Howard on Prozac" act is
very unoriginal and was purposely designed to fill the void in Howard's
absence. However, a friend from Austin just e-mailed me that Howard is back
in Austin! Supposed to be 104.3 FM KQBT. Do you know if this is true? I
better put my antenna rotator to work one of these mornings and see how the
reception is.

Austin radio is in constant flux, but that's a new one to me.

Here's a discussion: http://tinyurl.com/3p3fa
The ESPN to salsa change is typically surprising.

The one I've noticed is 103.5's change from some brand of oldies (white)
to "Bob FM". Oddly, although I assume the signal is compressed and eq'd,
the sound quality works well in my car. Go figure. The other squashed
and squawking stations still sound bad.

The Dudley show is least successful in its Howard-derived antics: studio
stripper visits, etc. There was an unexpected shout-out during an SNL
"Brian Fellows" sketch when the 'guest,' Horation Sanz, identified
himself as "Dale Dudley".

There's a third wheel I like. Think of the redneck neighbor in "Office
Space".

Stephen
Matthew Weigel

MINe 109 wrote:

In article ,
"Margaret von Busenhalter-Butt" wrote:

Here in South/Central TX we have neither these days. Stern used to be in
Austin but was replaced a few years ago with copycats Dudley & Bob. F***ing
Dudley and f***ing Bob! I'm not kidding either. Dudley even tries to look
and sound like Howard...at a fraction of the cost.

Dudley's been on the air for fifteen years. Stern was on a different
channel.

A non-Clear Channel channel, it's worth noting.

I prefer D&B, personally.

You're welcome to your opinion of Dudley, Bob and co.

http://www.dudleyandbobshow.com/

For interested people, I'm pretty sure there's an audio stream off
www.klbjfm.com. You can at least compare them with Stern.

--
Matthew Weigel
the email address is real
the contents of the post are not
Clyde Slick

Bruce J. Richman wrote:

[...]

Hmm, was that on Into the Purple Valley?

I got a few copies of the Chicken Skin Muisc LP
I also recommend Jazz

Clyde Slick

"MINe 109" wrote in message
[...]

Milton reminds me of Howie.

Bruce J. Richman

Bruce J. Richman wrote:

[...]

Nope. It's on the Chicken Skin music album.

I got a few copies of the Chicken Skin Muisc LP
I also recommend Jazz

Jazz is excellent. Cooder is one of those all too few very creative arrangers
and musicians.

If you like blues, you should definitely get a copy of the soundtrack from
"Crossroads" (the movie based on the life of Robert Johnston). The score was
written by Cooder, and the sonic quality is really amazing. This was
justifiably listed as one of Stereophile's "Records to Die For" several years
ago.

Another great Cooder soundtrack is "The Border" (the music has a definite
tex-mex influence).

Bruce J. Richman

Clyde Slick

Clyde wrote:

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
thlink.net...

Clyde Slick wrote:

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in

message
link.net...

Bruce J. Richman wrote:

[...]

Clyde Slick

Clyde wrote:

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
thlink.net...

Clyde Slick wrote:

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in

message
link.net...

Bruce J. Richman wrote:

[...]

Wow, Crossroads is about the only Cooder album I didn't fall for
Others I like are Get Rhythm and Boomer's Story
and, of course, the first self titled album
Have you heard Sundazed Records release of
The Rising Sons?? A band with Cooder and Taj Mahal,
before their solo careers. Uneven, but some good stuff like
Divin' Duck Blues. (Sleepy John Estes)
Cooder is also on Taj's first

Bruce J. Richman

Clyde wrote:

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
thlink.net...

Clyde Slick wrote:

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in

message
link.net...

Bruce J. Richman wrote:

[...]

Well, there *is* a great blues singer named Terry Evans on the Crossroads
album, singing a song called "Down In Mississipi". There is alao an
Auidioquest heavy vinyl album by Terry Evans called "Puttin' It Down" that has
some great sounding (and performed) blues. Another Audioquest LP worth finding
is Mighty Sam McClain's "Give It Up To Love":.

Others I like are Get Rhythm and Boomer's Story
and, of course, the first self titled album

I have most of Cooder's albums, but not Boomer's Story.

Have you heard Sundazed Records release of
The Rising Sons?? A band with Cooder and Taj Mahal,
before their solo careers. Uneven, but some good stuff like
Divin' Duck Blues. (Sleepy John Estes)
Cooder is also on Taj's first

I haven't heard it, but have heard some good things about Sundazed reissues in
general. I haven't as yet tried any, however.

Bruce J. Richman

Clyde Slick

Clyde Slick wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message
Clyde wrote:

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in

message
thlink.net...

Clyde Slick wrote:

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in

message
link.net...

Bruce J. Richman wrote:

[...]

Bobby King and Terry Evans often backed up Ry Cooder
They did two duo albums on Rounder (cd) and on LP,
it might have been on Linn

I have the Terry Evans solo album Blues for Thought on cd, on Point Blank

Others I like are Get Rhythm and Boomer's Story
and, of course, the first self titled album

I have most of Cooder's albums, but not Boomer's Story.

Have you heard Sundazed Records release of
The Rising Sons?? A band with Cooder and Taj Mahal,
before their solo careers. Uneven, but some good stuff like
Divin' Duck Blues. (Sleepy John Estes)
Cooder is also on Taj's first

I haven't heard it, but have heard some good things about Sundazed

reissues in
general. I haven't as yet tried any, however.

That album is not quite a reisse, it never was issued at all, originally

I like all of my Sundazed reissues, and they are pretty cheap, too,
under $10

MINe 109

"Clyde Slick" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message

Dudley and Bob

There's a third wheel I like. Think of the redneck neighbor in "Office
Space".

Milton reminds me of Howie.

Stephen Root will play him in the movie. I thought there was Dale
Dribble here, too, but I was wrong...

Stephen
Kalman Rubinson

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:13:31 -0400, "Clyde Slick"
wrote:

Bobby King and Terry Evans often backed up Ry Cooder
They did two duo albums on Rounder (cd) and on LP,
it might have been on Linn

LP on Rounder 2089: Evans and King's Live and Let Live.
Produced by Cooder who appears on all the tracks.

Kal
Clyde Slick

wrote:

Bobby King and Terry Evans often backed up Ry Cooder
They did two duo albums on Rounder (cd) and on LP,
it might have been on Linn

LP on Rounder 2089: Evans and King's Live and Let Live.
Produced by Cooder who appears on all the tracks.

and Rhythm, Blues Soul and Grooves

Bruce J. Richman

wrote:

Bobby King and Terry Evans often backed up Ry Cooder
They did two duo albums on Rounder (cd) and on LP,
it might have been on Linn

LP on Rounder 2089: Evans and King's Live and Let Live.
Produced by Cooder who appears on all the tracks.

Kal

The "Live and Let Live" album also comes in a "Linn Selekt Records" version

, under license from Rounder Records on the Special Delivery label. (Special
Delivery SPD 1016). Either way, it's a great album. !

Bruce J. Richman