Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Arny ! Why don't you STFU ?

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote
paul packer wrote:
Jenn wrote:

I have no such attitude, Arny. I simply have stated
my opinion that synths never sound like acoustic
instruments in my opinion.

And in everyone else's, I suggest.

Arny's agnostic on this point don't forget !

Short memory plaguing you again, Graham?

Have you changed your position ?

On what?

Just how *DIM* are you actually Arny ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Jenn said to CompulsiveArgumentBorg:

You're arguing a silly point.

Arnii Krooger is doing that? No! Really?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

You're arguing a silly point.

Jenn snot point-and-shoot machine is at it again!

No, you're simply arguing a silly point.

Really Arny; I don't understand how you can post in the style in which
you do, and then call my sentence above the "Jenn snot point-and-shoot
machine."
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message
Arny Krueger wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote
paul packer wrote:
Jenn wrote:

I have no such attitude, Arny. I simply have stated
my opinion that synths never sound like acoustic
instruments in my opinion.

And in everyone else's, I suggest.

Arny's agnostic on this point don't forget !

Short memory plaguing you again, Graham?

Have you changed your position ?

On what?

Just how *DIM* are you actually Arny ?

Just answer the question, or quit the topic.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

You're arguing a silly point.

Jenn snot point-and-shoot machine is at it again!

No, you're simply arguing a silly point.

Well Jenn, it may be a silly point, but I already got you to change your
story once.

Really Arny; I don't understand how you can post in the
style in which you do, and then call my sentence above
the "Jenn snot point-and-shoot machine."

Too bad your self-awareness module is shot to blazes, Jenn.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com

You're arguing a silly point.

Jenn snot point-and-shoot machine is at it again!

No, you're simply arguing a silly point.

Well Jenn, it may be a silly point, but I already got you to change your
story once.

No you didn't. Where in heaven's name did you come up with that idea?

Really Arny; I don't understand how you can post in the
style in which you do, and then call my sentence above
the "Jenn snot point-and-shoot machine."

Too bad your self-awareness module is shot to blazes, Jenn.

OK, I'm sure that you're right. I should be even more gentle. When you
post a silly argument, I'll call it a great argument.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com

You're arguing a silly point.

Jenn snot point-and-shoot machine is at it again!

No, you're simply arguing a silly point.

Well Jenn, it may be a silly point, but I already got
you to change your story once.

No you didn't. Where in heaven's name did you come up
with that idea?

Nothing relevant, only your posting where you decided that you didn't want
to make the global statement that you already had.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

y.
com

You're arguing a silly point.

Jenn snot point-and-shoot machine is at it again!

No, you're simply arguing a silly point.

Well Jenn, it may be a silly point, but I already got
you to change your story once.

No you didn't. Where in heaven's name did you come up
with that idea?

Nothing relevant, only your posting where you decided that you didn't want
to make the global statement that you already had.

"Good point". It was reasonable to assume that I was speaking of U.S.
TV and movies.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

y.
com

You're arguing a silly point.

Jenn snot point-and-shoot machine is at it again!

No, you're simply arguing a silly point.

Well Jenn, it may be a silly point, but I already got
you to change your story once.

No you didn't. Where in heaven's name did you come up
with that idea?

Nothing relevant, only your posting where you decided
that you didn't want to make the global statement that
you already had.

"Good point". It was reasonable to assume that I was
speaking of U.S. TV and movies.

Given that this is an international forum, presuming that your statement had
international signficance was even more reasonable.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

The Krooborg invites a referendum on his ****fulness.

Arny's agnostic on this point don't forget !

Short memory plaguing you again, Graham?

Have you changed your position ?

On what?

Just how *DIM* are you actually Arny ?

Just answer the question, or quit the topic.

Poopie's question:
"Have you changed your position ?"

Kroo****'s question:
"On what?"

Poopie has moved that Krooger be censured for being extraordinarily dim.
Is there a second?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

y.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

ig
y.
com

You're arguing a silly point.

Jenn snot point-and-shoot machine is at it again!

No, you're simply arguing a silly point.

Well Jenn, it may be a silly point, but I already got
you to change your story once.

No you didn't. Where in heaven's name did you come up
with that idea?

Nothing relevant, only your posting where you decided
that you didn't want to make the global statement that
you already had.

"Good point". It was reasonable to assume that I was
speaking of U.S. TV and movies.

Given that this is an international forum, presuming that your statement had
international signficance was even more reasonable.

lol "Good point"
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:12:03 +0200, Sander deWaal
wrote:

(paul packer) said:

Why would anyone want to listen critically to music made by
synthesizers?

Not *made by synths*, but *played on synths*.
Starting out with Jean Michel Jarre, via Kraftwerk to Kruder &
Dorfmeister and many, many others.

There's enough interesting synth music to be found.

Any symphonies?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:34:06 +0300, Fella wrote:

Man with no brain manages to go on livong.

But not spelling, apparently. :-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On 19 Oct 2006 11:22:49 -0700, "
wrote:

He recommends equalisers - any equalisers- as a solution for poor
records. He never noticed how most of them degrade the sound..

It isn't even that so much. He advocated individually adjusting the
equaliser with each CD I thought badly recorded. Can you imagine the
kind of interminable fiddling that would entail? I've found it
difficult enough trying to adjust my equaliser by ear whilst
recording, which is a once and only thing, let alone doing it
individually for every other CD.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:46:01 GMT, Jenn
wrote:

There was a day of insult-free posts?

From Arny to me, yes.

Is it marked on your calendar and in your diary? Will there be an
anniversary next year?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote
paul packer wrote:
Jenn wrote:

I have no such attitude, Arny. I simply have stated
my opinion that synths never sound like acoustic
instruments in my opinion.

And in everyone else's, I suggest.

Arny's agnostic on this point don't forget !

Short memory plaguing you again, Graham?

Have you changed your position ?

On what?

Just how *DIM* are you actually Arny ?

Just answer the question, or quit the topic.

Just answer the question, or quit the topic.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
"Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
"Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
"Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in

You're arguing a silly point.

Jenn snot point-and-shoot machine is at it again!

No, you're simply arguing a silly point.

Well Jenn, it may be a silly point, but I already got
you to change your story once.

No you didn't. Where in heaven's name did you come up
with that idea?

Nothing relevant, only your posting where you decided
that you didn't want to make the global statement that
you already had.

"Good point". It was reasonable to assume that I was
speaking of U.S. TV and movies.

Given that this is an international forum, presuming that your statement had
international signficance was even more reasonable.

LOL !

You're a slippery eel if ever there was one.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
(paul packer) wrote:

Lust for Life........?

The Carnival Cruise theme?

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 01:20:55 GMT, MiNe 109

(paul packer) wrote:

Lust for Life........?

The Carnival Cruise theme?

Stephen

Eh?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message
Arny Krueger wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
"Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
"Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
"Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote
in

You're arguing a silly point.

Jenn snot point-and-shoot machine is at it again!

No, you're simply arguing a silly point.

Well Jenn, it may be a silly point, but I already got
you to change your story once.

No you didn't. Where in heaven's name did you come up
with that idea?

Nothing relevant, only your posting where you decided
that you didn't want to make the global statement that
you already had.

"Good point". It was reasonable to assume that I was
speaking of U.S. TV and movies.

Given that this is an international forum, presuming
that your statement had international signficance was
even more reasonable.

LOL !

You're a slippery eel if ever there was one.

Try dealing with the facts Graham, instead of just making gratuitous
personal attacks.

Jenn's claim that 95% of all sound tracks are done in Hollywood would be an
interesting claim, if she could prove it or even support it with some
authoritative relevant evidence beside her personal say-so.

There's no doubt in my mind that Hollywood has great depth of staffing in
terms of musical artists. For example, that's why Berry Gordy moved Motown
out of Detroit and to LA. But NYC isn't a podunk berg like Detroit, and
neither is Chicago.

Believe it or not, some sound track music actually gets made in the Detroit
area. Ever hear of the industrial training film market? Of course its not
on film any more, but it still has soundtracks. Detroit might even get one
or two of the 5 points that Jenn is willing to grant to the whole rest of
the US.

95% seems more than a little extreme, considering that there are places like
NYC, Chicago, Memphis, etc. Of course Graham, this all probably seems pretty
abstract to you, sitting there in the UK. The idea that Hollywood is the
center of the US is a fiction that Hollywood movies tend to perpetuate in
the minds of naive persons.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"paul packer" wrote in message

On 19 Oct 2006 11:22:49 -0700, "
wrote:

He recommends equalisers - any equalisers- as a solution
for poor records. He never noticed how most of them
degrade the sound..

Fella seems to have no idea how many eqs his favorite music goes through
while it is being produced. For example, there is essentially no such thing
as a recording console that doesn't have eq on its channel strips. If you
think that all those eq knobs are centered and all bypassable eq is
bypassed, you're dreaming.

Mastering is all about eq and compression.

Every SR system worth its salt has relatively massive amounts of eq in the
signal chain.

Powered speakers are the rage for professional audio and rising in
popularity for consumers. Guess what - just about every one of them has
electronic eq built into it, even the high end ones.

Furthermore, mics are routinely chosen because of their frequency response,
which means that people use them like they were equalizers. Don't interpret
that to mean that an electronic eq is perfectly interchangable with a mic
with a desired non-flat frequency response characteristic, but they are
similar concepts.

It isn't even that so much. He advocated individually
adjusting the equaliser with each CD I thought badly
recorded.

Been there, done that.

Can you imagine the kind of interminable
fiddling that would entail?

Your alternative Paul was as I recall, to change one or more components in
your system. How much fiddling would that involve?

If I have a CD whose balance really bugs me, I rip it, remaster it and burn
a new CD, and play that. BTW, that is the way that I verified that some
highly-recommended audiophile labels produce CDs with gross clipping. Of
course its hard to fix gross screw-ups like massive clipping with eq.
However, one can also undo some compression if its not too gross.

I've found it difficult
enough trying to adjust my equaliser by ear whilst
recording, which is a once and only thing, let alone
doing it individually for every other CD.

Plan B: just live with it. I do a lot of that. I'm sure everybody does.

But, I have many eq options, many due to the fact that I do a lot of work in
the digital domain. Nobody learns how to do eq over night, it takes some
guts and patience to learn how to do it, and nobody should judge eq by a 10
band consumer grade equalizer.

IME, there's nothing like doing recording and SR to get a person really
tuned into the power of good eq. I'm not sure that a lot of music listeners
will ever go there and be comfortable and productive.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in
message
Arny Krueger wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
"Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
"Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
"Arny Krueger" wrote:
[...]

Arny, here is a partial list of TV and movie companies that record
exclusively in L.A.

Disney (both TV and MP)
MGM/UA
Warner (all companies, TV and MP)
NBC (all national productions)
CBS (all national productions)
ABC (all national productions)
Note: CBS, NBC, and ABC recording dates include all sitcoms, soaps,
gingles, national news underscoring. For example, the new CBS Evening
News music was recently recorded in L.A. My friend Michael Nowak, first
call violist in the L.A. studios played the date.)
Orion
Fox (both TV and MP, i.e. 20th Century Fox, etc.)
Amblin
Paramount TV
Paramount Pictures
Columbia Pictures
Universal
TriStar

The studios are in L.A. The sound stages are in L.A. The production
companies are based in L.A. The most important contractor (Sandy De
Crescent) is in L.A. Feel free to look up her credits. ALL of the
busiest TV and film players live in L.A. Look up Carol Kaye, for
example. Why is this all true? The VAST majority of stuff is recorded
in Hollywood. The source for all of the above is personal
experience/common industry knowledge. It is verifiable by looking at
the AFM newsletter, available in large libraries.

The idea that Hollywood is the
center of the US is a fiction that Hollywood movies tend to perpetuate in
the minds of naive persons.

Of course, no one here has claimed anything like this, so your statement
is another straw man.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Arny Krueger" wrote:

[...]

Jenn, you seriously don't think I know all this stuff?

If I didn't, all or most of it is availble on any number of web sites.

snip well-known facts that shed no numerical light on Jenn's claim

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

[...]

You snipped the facts. Tell you what: name one major MP or TV
recording gig done in NYC, Chicago, Memphis.