Trey Bradshaw

Default Shallow Subwoofer Option

I'm in the market for a subwoofer that needs to have a very shallow depth.
It's being crammed behind the seat of a regular cab pickup. I have about
..95ft^3 of airspace to work with, but depth is my real issue. I have about
4.5" to work with, which seems to be about an inch less than most 10" need.
I know I can find some 8"s to work, but are there any shallow 10"s that
would work better than a good 8"? If not, any recommendations for a good 8"?
How about a small monoblock to go w/ it?

My last sub/amp setup was a Crystal CMP12 and the back 2 channels of ESX
Q1204 bridged... I miss the days of my hatchback.. Any suggestions
appreciated.

trey

Chad Wahls lt

"Trey Bradshaw" wrote in message ...
I'm in the market for a subwoofer that needs to have a very shallow depth.
It's being crammed behind the seat of a regular cab pickup. I have about
.95ft^3 of airspace to work with, but depth is my real issue. I have about
4.5" to work with, which seems to be about an inch less than most 10" need.
I know I can find some 8"s to work, but are there any shallow 10"s that
would work better than a good 8"? If not, any recommendations for a good 8"?
How about a small monoblock to go w/ it?

My last sub/amp setup was a Crystal CMP12 and the back 2 channels of ESX
Q1204 bridged... I miss the days of my hatchback.. Any suggestions
appreciated.

trey

Which truck? I thought mine was tiny! I just got a JL Audio prefab
box with a 10W0 in it and I really like it! It's underpowered now but
it sounds great. I can get the seat all the way back also, with room
to spare. '95 Dodge Dakota.

http://www.jlaudio.com/enclosures/CS110TGW0.html

Some people have complained that it's too punchy and not enough
rumble, I only have one but I find it quite realistic sounding, it has
the impact and depth of the live rigs I work on when processed
properly. If you're into hyped up nose running bass it's not for you.
But it's clean and quick.

Chad
David

Blaupunkt's new version of the Overdrive subs are VERY shallow, due to using
a flat piston instead of a cone-shaped diaphragm...

David
UnderTheDash.com

"Trey Bradshaw" wrote in message
I'm in the market for a subwoofer that needs to have a very shallow depth.
It's being crammed behind the seat of a regular cab pickup. I have about
.95ft^3 of airspace to work with, but depth is my real issue. I have about
4.5" to work with, which seems to be about an inch less than most 10"

need.
I know I can find some 8"s to work, but are there any shallow 10"s that
would work better than a good 8"? If not, any recommendations for a good

8"?
How about a small monoblock to go w/ it?

My last sub/amp setup was a Crystal CMP12 and the back 2 channels of ESX
Q1204 bridged... I miss the days of my hatchback.. Any suggestions
appreciated.

trey

Peter Klein

Earthquake Sound (Silicon Valley) makes a patented, very shallow depth
driver called "SWS" (shallow woofer system). It's probably on their website:
www.earthquakesound.com P.

"Trey Bradshaw" wrote in message
I'm in the market for a subwoofer that needs to have a very shallow depth.
It's being crammed behind the seat of a regular cab pickup. I have about
.95ft^3 of airspace to work with, but depth is my real issue. I have about
4.5" to work with, which seems to be about an inch less than most 10"

need.
I know I can find some 8"s to work, but are there any shallow 10"s that
would work better than a good 8"? If not, any recommendations for a good

8"?
How about a small monoblock to go w/ it?

My last sub/amp setup was a Crystal CMP12 and the back 2 channels of ESX
Q1204 bridged... I miss the days of my hatchback.. Any suggestions
appreciated.

trey

Kent S. Rose

I just installed a MTX Thunderform behind the seat of my regular cab
S-10. The box fits very nicely with a 10" sub. It is a special
..7-ohm speaker that is matched to a 100-watt amp. It's definitely OK,
but the speaker seems a little muddy--not really great. I like the
box--if I were doing it over again I would use their box, which fits
just great, and add my own speaker and amplifier.