Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default The Linkwitz Lab Orion

I've heard a couple different Orion installations, with very
different amps, in different rooms. They are not exactly my thing, but
they certainly are a remarkable design. They do certain things
extremely well.

The "mainstream" (sic) high end audio industry (sic) likes to pretend
they do not exist.

They are far superior in terms of what they do presentationwise to
many of the popular high end saloon speaker brands. Since they are not
a saloon vendable product and Linkwitz does not buy full page ads in
Stereopile this presents an issue for the high end press.

I don't own an Orion installation, and I have no plans to do so in
the near future. I personally prefer the articulation and delineation
of a god horn setup, and although I readily acknowledge the
superiority of electronic crossovers and multi-amping, I am content so
far with the passive crossover network driven by a halfway decent tube
amplifier. But the Orions and Linkwitz lab certainly have proven to
be a good revelator of high end bull****.

Linkwitz Orion: chicago? vse Tech 1 February 12th 07 02:44 AM
FA: ending tomorrow, clean Orion XTR 9002 amplifier plus WCC/Orion 1600.2 packrat014 Car Audio 0 February 18th 06 08:27 PM
Linkwitz' Orion design William Eckle High End Audio 60 March 6th 05 03:44 PM
Linkwitz Orion Open Baffle Loudspeaker System Forsale!!!! [email protected] Marketplace 1 March 1st 05 11:53 PM