Eurodesk-behringer Mixers

Old February 4th 05, 02:37 AM
rmathies99

Default Eurodesk-behringer Mixers

I am considering buyer a mixer to use with my computer . I am unable with my
current set up to record a fresh track while monitoring a track (play along)
without overdubbing onto the same . I have looked at the behringer
/euroracks and the price is certainly attractive . But , are they any good
and are they clean(any noise or bleed thru ? ) ? If you have one and have
had probs or compliments I would like to hear them . I am looking at the
Eurorack UB502 .
--
http://www.geocities.com/rmathies99/index.html

to hear free mp3's by this artist goto
http://music.download.com/jazzartistrobertmathies

Old February 4th 05, 07:03 AM
Sugarite

> I am considering buyer a mixer to use with my computer . I am unable with
my
> current set up to record a fresh track while monitoring a track (play

along)
> without overdubbing onto the same . I have looked at the behringer
> /euroracks and the price is certainly attractive . But , are they any good
> and are they clean(any noise or bleed thru ? ) ? If you have one and have
> had probs or compliments I would like to hear them . I am looking at the
> Eurorack UB502 .

Behringer mixers are clean, meaning low noise and crosstalk etc, but the
preamps and EQ's can certainly be improved upon, though generally not for
less than 3x the price. If it's just for hobby recording it will serve you
well.

Old February 4th 05, 08:00 AM
david morley

rmathies99 wrote:
> I am considering buyer a mixer to use with my computer . I am unable with my
> current set up to record a fresh track while monitoring a track (play along)
> without overdubbing onto the same . I have looked at the behringer
> /euroracks and the price is certainly attractive . But , are they any good
> and are they clean(any noise or bleed thru ? ) ? If you have one and have
> had probs or compliments I would like to hear them . I am looking at the
> Eurorack UB502 .

for the money, they are fine. Personally I prefer Allen & Heath, but
they are pricier...
Old February 4th 05, 10:44 AM
Sean Kelsey

"rmathies99" > wrote in message . com>...
> I am considering buyer a mixer to use with my computer . I am unable with my
> current set up to record a fresh track while monitoring a track (play along)
> without overdubbing onto the same . I have looked at the behringer
> /euroracks and the price is certainly attractive . But , are they any good
> and are they clean(any noise or bleed thru ? ) ? If you have one and have
> had probs or compliments I would like to hear them . I am looking at the
> Eurorack UB502 .

I have a Eurorack MX2642A (16 channel, 4 buss/group, 2 channel out)
http://www.behringer.com/MX2642A/index.cfm?lang=ENG which I really
like (although a bit limited on bells and whistles.

Its linked into my Pro Tools LE system and I tend to put everything
through the mixer before entering pro tools. I find this gives me a
little more warmth and flexibility in getting the sound I need before
actually recording it to disk.

I get a lot of sh!t from other engineers who sneer at the behringer
quality, but I find it gives me exactly what I'm looking for for what
I need to record (simple acoustic guitar, vocals and midi drums) and
after I've played with the waves EQ plug-in, I can get a really nice
sound.

From what I understand, the UB502 has the same IMP (invisible mic
pre's) as those found in the Euroracks, so the mic pres are nice but
not the best quality (but if you're looking at the UB502, i'm guessing
the budget is dictating the quality you'll get)

For budget, I can't complain... I guess the only other budget ones you
might want to look at are the Soundcraft notepad or compact mixers.
I've used both and are excellent for small setups.

Hope this helps.

S.
Old February 4th 05, 07:04 PM
hank alrich

rmathies99 wrote:

> I am considering buyer a mixer to use with my computer . I am unable with my
> current set up to record a fresh track while monitoring a track (play along)
> without overdubbing onto the same . I have looked at the behringer
> /euroracks and the price is certainly attractive . But , are they any good
> and are they clean(any noise or bleed thru ? ) ?

They work fine, mostly, initially. I installed two UB802's in a dance
studio in August '04, and one of them is starting to crackle and pop at
the master output volume pot. Note these are in use at least ten hours a
day, seven days a week.

> If you have one and have had probs or compliments I would like to hear
> them . I am looking at the Eurorack UB502 .

I just got one of those for a church install. It doesn't have phantom
power, if that matters to you.

--
ha
Old February 5th 05, 03:26 AM
Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

"rmathies99" > wrote in message
news

> I am considering buyer a mixer to use with my computer . I am unable with

my
> current set up to record a fresh track while monitoring a track (play

along)
> without overdubbing onto the same . I have looked at the behringer
> /euroracks and the price is certainly attractive . But , are they any good
> and are they clean(any noise or bleed thru ? ) ? If you have one and have
> had probs or compliments I would like to hear them . I am looking at the
> Eurorack UB502 .

If you are recording from mics and you use the Behringer B-1 mics, the
preamps in the Euro consoles are just fine. We use several Behringer
products and they work well beyond their price range.

--
Best Regards,

Mark A. Weiss, P.E.
www.mwcomms.com
-

Old February 6th 05, 08:34 AM
jazzman

"hank alrich" > wrote in message
.. .
> rmathies99 wrote:
>
>> I am considering buyer a mixer to use with my computer . I am unable with
>> my
>> current set up to record a fresh track while monitoring a track (play
>> along)
>> without overdubbing onto the same . I have looked at the behringer
>> /euroracks and the price is certainly attractive . But , are they any
>> good
>> and are they clean(any noise or bleed thru ? ) ?

> They work fine, mostly, initially. I installed two UB802's in a dance
> studio in August '04, and one of them is starting to crackle and pop at
> the master output volume pot. Note these are in use at least ten hours a
> day, seven days a week.
>
>> If you have one and have had probs or compliments I would like to hear
>> them . I am looking at the Eurorack UB502 .

> I just got one of those for a church install. It doesn't have phantom
> power, if that matters to you.

Hank -

The UB802 is one of most popular models. Even though it is an affordable
solution, we fully expect it to meet your requirements - even if it is to be
in operation 10 hours per day.

Please drop me a line at the office and we'll get you taken care of
immediately.

Best Regards,

Jim Savery

Global Customer Support Manager

BEHRINGER The Americas

BEHRINGER USA, Inc

Tel: +01-425-672-0816 x 111

Direct Dial: +01-425-939-3216

Fax: +01-425-673-7647

IP Phone Ext: 5024

http://www.behringer.com

Old February 6th 05, 04:11 PM
hank alrich

jazzman wrote:

> "hank alrich" wrote...
> > rmathies99 wrote:

> >> I am considering buyer a mixer to use with my computer . I am unable
> >> with my current set up to record a fresh track while monitoring a track
> >> (play along) without overdubbing onto the same . I have looked at the
> >> behringer /euroracks and the price is certainly attractive . But , are
> >> they any good and are they clean(any noise or bleed thru ? ) ?

> > They work fine, mostly, initially. I installed two UB802's in a dance
> > studio in August '04, and one of them is starting to crackle and pop at
> > the master output volume pot. Note these are in use at least ten hours a
> > day, seven days a week.

> >> If you have one and have had probs or compliments I would like to hear
> >> them . I am looking at the Eurorack UB502 .

> > I just got one of those for a church install. It doesn't have phantom
> > power, if that matters to you.

> Hank -

> The UB802 is one of most popular models. Even though it is an affordable
> solution, we fully expect it to meet your requirements - even if it is to be
> in operation 10 hours per day.

> Please drop me a line at the office

Thanks, Jim. The studio owner's first move is to talk to the GC right in
the same mall with her dance studio. I'll hear back from her shortly.

> and we'll get you taken care of immediately.

<g> Yes, I've had that happen before, and believe me, it is very much
appreciated.

--
ha