Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers?

Old August 3rd 16, 08:22 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D9ddwGDdhTdY

>>>Yep. This week! Just one channel with a crackling and popping noise when t=
>>>he singles channels are All turned down. When the Main volume is increased=
>>> the noise increases proportionally. Even with both equalizers turned off =
>>>the noise is present on one channel. This anomaly started two days ago on m=
>>>y Behringer 2000 power mixer.

>>And did you follow the advice that people gave two years ago to the original
>>poster? Namely reseating the ribbon cables and cleaning the main inserts, etc?

>A common problem I find with some Behringer kit is the big
>electrolytic cap in the switch-mode power supply. It doesn't have a
>high enough ripple current rating and runs hot. Slowly it gives out -
>first symptom of which is strange noises on some or all channels.
>Total failure follows. Luckily it is an easy enough job to put a
>better one in there.

You mean the one on the primary side?

Old August 3rd 16, 08:53 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce[_3_]

(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D9ddwGDdhTdY

>>>And did you follow the advice that people gave two years ago to the original
>>>poster? Namely reseating the ribbon cables and cleaning the main inserts, etc?

>>A common problem I find with some Behringer kit is the big
>>electrolytic cap in the switch-mode power supply. It doesn't have a
>>high enough ripple current rating and runs hot. Slowly it gives out -
>>first symptom of which is strange noises on some or all channels.
>>Total failure follows. Luckily it is an easy enough job to put a
>>better one in there.

>You mean the one on the primary side?
>--scott

Yes, the one that stores the rectified mains voltage.

---

Old August 4th 16, 04:33 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA

On Monday, August 26, 2013 at 11:29:50 AM UTC-4, hank alrich wrote:
> ST10SS > wrote:

> > > Like Pro Tools.
> > >

> > yeah that's a good example :-)

> Cute, and while I don't use it, Pro Tools is used by more pros than any
> other DAW worldwide.

But probably 15% or less actually know how to properly use it.
Plus, probably bootlegged the most, like Photoshop, is the key reason why it's "popular".

Jack

Old August 16th 16, 12:20 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

good evening. Do you guys have a behringer x32 broken for sale?

Old September 26th 17, 06:09 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 11:20:48 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY
> please post.

Yes I have one RX1202Fx with the same problem with this video .. and I have a freind with other same problem
Old September 26th 17, 07:37 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Monday, August 26, 2013 at 11:29:50 AM UTC-4, hank alrich wrote:
> ST10SS > wrote:

> > > Like Pro Tools.
> > >

> > yeah that's a good example :-)

> Cute, and while I don't use it, Pro Tools is used by more pros than any
> other DAW worldwide.

Like a heard of cattle, one follows the other, brainlessly!

Take that, G'!

Jack

Old September 27th 17, 04:22 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor

On 27/09/2017 3:09 AM, wrote:
> On Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 11:20:48 AM UTC-7, wrote:
>> Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY
>> please post.

> Yes I have one RX1202Fx with the same problem with this video .. and I have a freind with other same problem

For those of us who don't want to watch a video, what problem are you
referring to? Bad caps in power supply seems to be the most common
problem. Is that it?

Trevor.

Old September 27th 17, 12:41 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Not really a laughing matter, but it sounds like
that Behringer is FARTING!
Old September 27th 17, 02:47 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
John Williamson

On 27/09/2017 04:22, Trevor wrote:
> On 27/09/2017 3:09 AM, wrote:
>> On Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 11:20:48 AM UTC-7, wrote:
>>> Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY
>>> please post.

>> Yes I have one RX1202Fx with the same problem with this video .. and I
>> have a freind with other same problem

> For those of us who don't want to watch a video, what problem are you
> referring to? Bad caps in power supply seems to be the most common
> problem. Is that it?

Motorboating when the gain on the effect s turned up. Bad caps or joints
are the normal causes.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.