Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers?

Old August 6th 13, 03:27 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Anybody having problems with Lounge Lizards?

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic

> >> Ouch.

> >> I'll be the first to say Hank's material ain't my cup o' tea, but he's

> >> more

> >> than shown a level of knowledge on subjects pertinent to this group and

> >> has

> >> done it in a civil manner.

> >> Care to post some examples of your work?

> >> just curious.

> >> Poly

> > I don't give a damn about his "level of knowledge on subjects pertinent to

> > this group" and it wasn't me who brought up >anybody's musicianship or

> > monetary compensation into the thread.

> Your statement "3 chord geetar twangers like you gets in backwoods red neck
>
> beerhole" sounded like a dig at his music to me.
>
> If not, and I'm misreading, my appologies.
>

> Poly

Do you understand what "bringing up the subject" means in English?
Old August 6th 13, 06:03 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger[_5_]

"Trevor" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
>> "Recall" at my expense? Look up "Manufacturer's recall" in the
>> dictionary.

> Funny, when my car was recalled I still had to drive it to the dealer
> myself.

I hear that Lexus drivers don't suffer that indignity.

Old August 6th 13, 06:46 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers?

James Perrett > wrote:
>On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 19:17:03 +0100, Scott Dorsey > wrote:
>
>> The advantage of the old Tapcos is that the whole frame can
>> flex without damage. A lot of older mixers were built that way, but it's
>> much more expensive than putting everything on the board because it
>> requires
>> hand assembly. So you will only find that sort of construction on more
>> expensive products today.

>The Allen and Heath Zed range are probably the cheapest mixers that are
>still built with individual boards for each channel.

That's a big help! But in the case of the Tapco and a lot of other gear of
that era, the pots themselves were solder eye types with wires connecting
them to the boards rather than being directly mounted onto the board. This
provides a _lot_ of strain relief.

>I know of a 25+ year old A&H PA mixer that is still in use. My old MM
>mixer is 32 years old and still in use although not as often as it used to
>be. MM were about the cheapest proper mixers you could buy in the UK back
>in those days.

Sound quality in cheap mixers sure is better than it used to be, but
ruggedness is not. On the other hand, when you consider how the pound has
risen, those MM mixers probably cost more than a mid-grade console today.
Old August 6th 13, 07:01 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Peter Larsen[_3_]

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> Sound quality in cheap mixers sure is better than it used to be, but
> ruggedness is not. On the other hand, when you consider how the
> pound has risen, those MM mixers probably cost more than a mid-grade
> console today.

I had a 12 channel MM, traded it in for an Audire 2 x 120 watts poweramp
when it had problems on the first show it was to be used as monitormixer on
since it was available. So that is the price range of it. By then I had
modified it and added input attenuation and phase reverse switches. That
after noticing on the first recording made with it that sound got notably
cleaner after having switched all inputs to the setting "line".

The power amp was also RF unstable, blew the right channel - smoke escaped -
within 6 months, importer repaired it and blew it again a couple of years
ago. Currently it does door stop duty, can't decide on scrapping it since it
actually is one of the very best amps in the bass range I have ever heard.

> --scott

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Old August 6th 13, 07:15 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

> wrote in message
> On Monday, August 5, 2013 3:56:05 PM UTC-5, polymod wrote:
>> > wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic

>> > I don't give a damn about his "level of knowledge on subjects pertinent

>> > this group" and it wasn't me who brought up >anybody's musicianship or

>> > monetary compensation into the thread.

>> Your statement "3 chord geetar twangers like you gets in backwoods red
>> neck
>>
>> beerhole" sounded like a dig at his music to me.
>>
>> If not, and I'm misreading, my appologies.
>>

>> Poly

> Do you understand what "bringing up the subject" means in English?

No.

Poly

Old August 7th 13, 07:24 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor

"Arny Krueger" > wrote in message
>>> "Recall" at my expense? Look up "Manufacturer's recall" in the
>>> dictionary.

>> Funny, when my car was recalled I still had to drive it to the dealer
>> myself.

> I hear that Lexus drivers don't suffer that indignity.

I guess you should get something for the money! :-)

Trevor.

Old August 7th 13, 07:47 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> Sound quality in cheap mixers sure is better than it used to be, but
> ruggedness is not.

Right, since the price Vs performance cost has dropped about an order of
magnitude in real terms over the last 20 or 30 years, something has to give.

>On the other hand, when you consider how the pound has
> risen, those MM mixers probably cost more than a mid-grade console today.

No probably about it after allowing for inflation.

Trevor.

Old August 17th 13, 02:30 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Dominique

"Gareth Magennis" > écrivait news:4UeKt.30407
:

<snip>

> Here's a series to avoid in that respect:
>
> http://sales.adlibsolutions.co.uk/ya...powered-mixer?

language=en&currency=GBP

> For some unfathomable reason, Yamaha elected to fit knobs on this mixer
> series that were a smaller diameter than the holes punched in the top

panel.
> Since all the pots are PCB mounted in groups of 6 channels, that means

that
> pressure or a blow to the top surface forces all the knobs through the

top
> panel, breaking the PCB's.
>
> I have seen a few of these catastophes now, and still scratch my head,
> wondering what on earth Yamaha were thinking.
>

> Gareth.

I've just checked my Yamaha MG32/14fx and it's built like that, better be
careful!!!
Old August 17th 13, 03:36 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Dominique

" > écrivait news:b903b949-38ce-
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY
> please post.

Many behringer products here, no problem so far.

HTH

ps : This thread has been quite entertaining with all the videos and
discussions, ;-) ... May be I should get a life!!!!!!!!!!

Newly retired.

Old August 17th 13, 01:11 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

"Dominique" > wrote in message
> " > écrivait news:b903b949-38ce-
> :
>
>> Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY
>> please post.

> Many behringer products here, no problem so far.
>
> HTH
>

> ps : This thread has been quite entertaining with all the videos and
> discussions, ;-) ... May be I should get a life!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Newly retired.

Sssshhhhhhhhh

Don't wake him up again.