John L Stewart John L Stewart is offline
Senior Member

Location: Toronto
Smile Replying to a Private Message

Need some help here. How does one reply? All I can see is Forward, Delete & some other stuff but nowhere can I see how to reply.

Thanx for help, Cheers to all, John
Attached Images

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
patrick-turner patrick-turner is offline

Default Replying to a Private Message

On Friday, 1 March 2013 07:48:21 UTC+11, John L Stewart wrote:
Need some help here. How does one reply? All I can see is Forward, Delete & some other stuff but nowhere can I see how to reply. Thanx for help, Cheers to all, John

I am posting through Google Groups where the Hidden Hateful Hand they employ tries desperately to get us NOT to post much at all. Thy basically believe the best National Health Schemes have nice big hospitals but without patients or nurses, who all cost munny, and are difficult to deal with. Second reason I don't much like posting via Google was that Once Upon A Time there used to be Usenet Groups where one click got you seeing all the latest posts, and another click got you plain text posting without all the KRAPP we see surrounding messages we want, and it was nice and fast. But free access to Usenet shut down years ago, the HHH took an axe to yet a another fine way of posting, and hear I am typing in a little rectangle 180mm across and 60mm high on a 21" nice wide monitor screen. Seems progress has been directly backwards!

But in Google, where pop ups keep appearing to tell me to change to some other damn thing not as good, I open your post, and click 'post' top left, or post reply bottom right and your message then gets mauled to bits and lses all formatting and its in a the little rectangle in which I have to scroll down to find where I wanna reply. Its all NOT AS GOOD AS IT WAS BEFORE when I started posting in 2001. But its free, which is unusual in a world where the air and stars are now to be patented by yet another big arsole company so that breathing air of stargazing will have to be paid for.

So, If an Class A1 DUMBO like me ( with regard for any computery ****tery stuffy ) can work out how to deal with Google groups without prompts I shouldn't even need, maybe you can if you are posting via Google, but i didn't notice how you are getting me to see your messages - not the stuff I see easily, being stooopid about such things.

Meanwhile, I've just about finished a page on hybrid amps with mosfet class A output stages and driven with tubes. Maybe 2 ppl will have a read.
Now I just have to hit 'post' and it'll appear quick after I go back to the entry page. Jus' make sure you are logged in. You need to be logged in to post replies, and your PC will remember your password and email address for a couple of weeks then ask you to enter pass word and email again, or else Google HHH demands you re-enter stuff you think it ought to remember. AND, when you change your email address, like I did last September, I found that when I tried to edit my Google details, I could do all that but it just would not accept my new email address, which is now patrick at etc-etc, instead of info at etc-etc. So while the rest of the world realises I have changed my email, Google won't agree that I have, STOOPID GOOOOOGLE !

As usual, there's nobody real you can talk to for free to be able to fix the problems, AND get the nerds to give us back what they took from us, PLUS, allow posting of .gif schematics, and guard against spams and arsoles.

BTW, after changing my email address, I made sure the new one does not appear in typed in text so there's no link on it and the bots looking at my website 69 times a day have concluded I don't have an email address. But its there, typed into into a little .gif, and its on my index page at turneraudio.com.au. Humans type the easy address into their emailer and all works fine. Since last September, I have only ONE spam message! I used to get 100 a day, +/- 50. No more messages from my ISP telling me I have had 100MB a day downloaded from my site. My ISP was good to me and never charged me the excess when I was on a low MB plan, but now I get 12GB / mth for $10, not bad, and plenny for me.

Patrick Turner

Tubes for sale , private owner Dave Watts Vacuum Tubes 1 March 31st 05 10:04 PM
Anyone A/B'ed the Furman HDS 16 vs the Mytek Private Q? DJ Pro Audio 2 December 16th 03 06:24 PM
top/bottom replying mine12u Pro Audio 47 September 14th 03 04:35 AM
Amp for private use [email protected] Pro Audio 12 September 6th 03 11:37 PM