Behringer vs. Peavey mixers

Old September 8th 03, 01:58 PM
Jerry

Default Behringer vs. Peavey mixers

Does anyone have any experience with the Behringer Eurorack MX2642A and/or
the Peavey Unity 2002-12RQ mixers? Basically which of the two would you
prefer and why? Any input greatly appreciated.

Jerry

Old September 8th 03, 02:05 PM
George Gleason

"Jerry" > wrote in message
news:M1%[email protected]
> Does anyone have any experience with the Behringer Eurorack MX2642A and/or
> the Peavey Unity 2002-12RQ mixers? Basically which of the two would you
> prefer and why? Any input greatly appreciated.
>
> Jerry

for what application?
george

Old September 8th 03, 02:09 PM
Jerry

Live audio and studio with recording.

Old September 8th 03, 03:14 PM
George Gleason

"Jerry" > wrote in message
news:Bc%[email protected]
> Live audio and studio with recording.

IMO these are such diffrent needs that one should have seperate desks for
each use

Old September 8th 03, 04:21 PM
Troy

I woulden't buy either for your applications.But if I had to choose I would
probably buy the Peavey ,just because of reliablity.I have used peavey
equipment for live sound years ago......it's was damn heavy but very
reliable.We never had any problems.

news:M1%[email protected]

Old September 8th 03, 04:52 PM
area242

"Jerry" > wrote in message
news:Bc%[email protected]
> Live audio and studio with recording.

Man, I would hate to see you use either one for recording. You could use
the Peavey for years for live stuff though. But, it's a noisy little
guy...and wouldn't be what you need for recording. You should try to find a
nice, used litte Mackie. You could use those for live sound...and they're
clean enough to do some recording as well.

Good luck

Old September 8th 03, 05:10 PM
Troy

I agree....try and find a used Mackie 1604 VLZ

.. .

Old September 9th 03, 08:44 AM
spl dan

Do not use any of those mixers!! For live and recording purposes my
money is on the Allen & Heath GL Series mixers. These consoles are
the cleanest console i have ever heard. The added feture to these
consoles is that they have direct outs on every channel. Bang for
your buck this would be my choice.

Old September 9th 03, 10:39 AM
tojo

Peavey!? Their main market is church sound reinforcement or similar
application. We have a Peavey for the past 20 years, and it's funny
how this was designed. Anyway, look for other stuff before you get a
Peavey, or unless you are buying it for a church or religious setup,
then see if you can get a special discount.

Old September 9th 03, 01:23 PM
Roger W. Norman

Don't buy for one application and expect it to do the other application
well, IMHE. I've got two live mixers and one studio console. The Crest
works fine in live work and can pass for a sidecar to my Soundtracs if
needed, but the Crest is not a recording console. It's not built that way.
You can get some damned fine recordings out of it, but you're not going to
get to monitor the playback without some patch panel changes, which is a no
no if you're working with a group in a studio that wants to continue with
their work rather than wait for you to re-patch everything.

So look at the type of work you do most and buy according to THAT
requirement. Hopefully it will earn you the money to buy that console for
the studio.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio