Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers?

Old December 7th 17, 01:50 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

Default Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers?

Peter Larsen Man from Mars wrote:

-----------------------------------

> > Fine for d j or live mixes where the crowd volume is high.

> No no no no no and utter NO, in that very context signal to noise ratio
> is extremely important,

** Calm down Pete, you are raving like some usenet / social media nutter.

> you do not get away with noisy electronics in
> live audio,

** Of course you do.

Crowd noise in venue where alcohol is served can exceed 90dBA.

But maybe not on planet Mars where you live.

..... Phil
Old December 7th 17, 02:16 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

In article >, Trevor > wrote:
>None are terrible IME, BUT the number of users who have NO idea about
>gain staging IS a problem. :-(
>I'll bet the OP falls into that category.

Well, that's the nice thing about better consoles, you don't have to be so
careful about gain staging. On an old Neve, you just pot everything more
or less up in the right ballpark and it sounds fine. It's not like working
on a Mackie where you have to juggle the trims and the mains because the
trims change the tonality and you have to keep a constant eye on the buss
levels (and mute unused channels). On a good console you can spend your
time worrying about how the music sounds and less time babying the gain
structure on each strip.
Old December 7th 17, 07:14 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Peter Larsen[_3_]

On 07-12-2017 01:50, Phil Allison wrote:

> Peter Larsen Man from Mars wrote:

>>> Fine for d j or live mixes where the crowd volume is high.

>> No no no no no and utter NO, in that very context signal to noise ratio
>> is extremely important,

> ** Calm down Pete, you are raving like some usenet / social media nutter.

Hey, I resent that, I didn't ALLCAP, right? ... O;-)

>> you do not get away with noisy electronics in
>> live audio,

> ** Of course you do.

> Crowd noise in venue where alcohol is served can exceed 90dBA.

Not all live audio takes place in bars with drunk audiences. And if it
does, then listener to loudspeaker distance is tinnitussaly short
causing electronics noise to be very audible even for those of modest
sobriety. But perhaps not after the guitar solo ...

> But maybe not on planet Mars where you live.

Nice to hear from you anyway, have a nice day Phil!

> ..... Phil

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Old December 7th 17, 07:37 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

-------------------------

--------------------------------

> >> No no no no no and utter NO, in that very context signal to noise ratio
> >> is extremely important,

> > ** Calm down Pete, you are raving like some usenet / social media nutter.

> Hey, I resent that, I didn't ALLCAP, right? ... O;-)

** Thank god for small mercies ........

> >> you do not get away with noisy electronics in
> >> live audio,

> > ** Of course you do.

> > Crowd noise in venue where alcohol is served can exceed 90dBA.

> Not all live audio takes place in bars with drunk audiences.

** FFS imbecile READ the ACTUAL comment you are replying to !!!!

See the words ".... crowd volume is high" ?????

( snipe pile of dumb ****e)

> > But maybe not on planet Mars where you live.

> Nice to hear from you anyway,

** Your giant dish antenna works well ....

..... Phil

Old December 7th 17, 09:03 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor

On 7/12/2017 12:16 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article >, Trevor > wrote:
>> None are terrible IME, BUT the number of users who have NO idea about
>> gain staging IS a problem. :-(
>> I'll bet the OP falls into that category.

> Well, that's the nice thing about better consoles, you don't have to be so
> careful about gain staging. On an old Neve, you just pot everything more
> or less up in the right ballpark and it sounds fine. It's not like working
> on a Mackie where you have to juggle the trims and the mains because the
> trims change the tonality and you have to keep a constant eye on the buss
> levels (and mute unused channels). On a good console you can spend your
> time worrying about how the music sounds and less time babying the gain
> structure on each strip.

Thanks for the laugh Scott, comparing a Behringer to a Neve! I would be
very happy if 'babying the gain" was all I needed to do for the same
level of performance! :-)
But you are right about the old Mackies, a lot more critical than
Behringer IME, and dearer to boot.

Trevor.