Longshot question

Old March 17th 17, 03:26 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Longshot question

In article >, Mike Rivers > wrote:

>Maybe the manual, CD with drivers, firewire cable, and other stuff that
>came in the original package brings up the shipping weight.

That's how things go. I shipped a 1/4" master tape today and the box with
all the padding weighed about three times as much as the pancake itself did.
And the insurance cost more than the shipping. That's how it goes.
Old March 19th 17, 07:12 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 18/03/2017 3:22 AM, Tobiah wrote:
> On 03/16/2017 02:15 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
>> On 3/16/2017 1:41 PM, Tobiah wrote:
>>> What is the weight of an Echo Audiofire 8?
>>>

>> According to Amazon, 5.8 pounds.
>>

> I sold one on Ebay, but left it at home when I went
> to work. I wanted to prepare a box with a label at work,
> then pack the unit at home and drop it off at a local
> FedEx. That's why I wanted the weight. I too had seen
> the shipping weight of around 6 pounds, but I didn't
> believe it; I figured it was three pounds tops going from
> my memory of holding the thing. As it turns out
> it was 5.5 pounds with the box once I was done, and I didn't
> include anything but the base unit and power chord.

"Pounds" - how archaic ;- }

Old March 19th 17, 09:40 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
John Williamson

On 19/03/2017 19:12, geoff wrote:

> "Pounds" - how archaic ;- }

Well, they are in the dark ages in Leftpondia. ;-)

They can't even get the size of a pint of beer right, which makes their
gallons a lot smaller than real ones.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old March 20th 17, 11:29 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Les Cargill[_4_]

John Williamson wrote:
> On 19/03/2017 19:12, geoff wrote:
>

>> "Pounds" - how archaic ;- }
>>

> Well, they are in the dark ages in Leftpondia. ;-)
>
> They can't even get the size of a pint of beer right, which makes
> their gallons a lot smaller than real ones.

Smaller gallons are easier to carry

--
Les Cargill
Old March 20th 17, 01:04 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

"Les Cargill" wrote in message news
John Williamson wrote:
> On 19/03/2017 19:12, geoff wrote:
>

>> "Pounds" - how archaic ;- }
>>

> Well, they are in the dark ages in Leftpondia. ;-)
>
> They can't even get the size of a pint of beer right, which makes
> their gallons a lot smaller than real ones.

Smaller gallons are easier to carry

+1...beat me to it.

Poly

---

Old March 20th 17, 07:07 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 21/03/2017 12:29 AM, Les Cargill wrote:
> John Williamson wrote:
>> On 19/03/2017 19:12, geoff wrote:
>>

>>> "Pounds" - how archaic ;- }
>>>

>> Well, they are in the dark ages in Leftpondia. ;-)
>>
>> They can't even get the size of a pint of beer right, which makes
>> their gallons a lot smaller than real ones.
>>

> Smaller gallons are easier to carry

I'll have a 600 please.

Old March 21st 17, 07:34 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor

On 20/03/2017 10:29 PM, Les Cargill wrote:
> John Williamson wrote:
>> On 19/03/2017 19:12, geoff wrote:
>>>
>>> "Pounds" - how archaic ;- }
>>>

>> Well, they are in the dark ages in Leftpondia. ;-)
>>
>> They can't even get the size of a pint of beer right, which makes
>> their gallons a lot smaller than real ones.

> Smaller gallons are easier to carry

So use Litres then!

Trevor.