Car Audio

Old June 6th 16, 03:31 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Car Audio

geoff > wrote:
>On 6/06/2016 12:53 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> Gary Eickmeier > wrote:
>>> Just got a little subwoofer for the new car (Prius V) that is worth telling
>>> about. It is the Powerbass BTA8, an 8 inch woofer in a nice carpeted
>>> enclosure with amp and connections.

>> PLEASE take these discussions to rec.audio.car which is specifically for
>> that.

>Narrowmindedness unworthy of you Scot - information that many in our
>field just might find very useful. Else we might all end up with a 3kHz
>notch. Far more relevant that much of the discussion here of late.

Geoff, check out the previous car audio threads here, all of which have
devolved into fighting and general abuse. Mind you that is before we
became the Land of the Trolls, and I agree that it's more relevant than
a lot of the mindless trolling here, but that's a low bar indeed.
Old June 6th 16, 05:38 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron C[_2_]

On 6/5/2016 10:31 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> geoff > wrote:
>>>
>>> PLEASE take these discussions to rec.audio.car which is specifically for
>>> that.

>> Narrowmindedness unworthy of you Scot - information that many in our
>> field just might find very useful. Else we might all end up with a 3kHz
>> notch. Far more relevant that much of the discussion here of late.

> Geoff, check out the previous car audio threads here, all of which have
> devolved into fighting and general abuse. Mind you that is before we
> became the Land of the Trolls, and I agree that it's more relevant than
> a lot of the mindless trolling here, but that's a low bar indeed.
> --scott

Thus the classic:
"Those who do not know history's mistakes are doomed to repeat them."
....and repeat them ...and repeat them ...and..
==
Later...
Ron Capik

Old June 6th 16, 11:28 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
John Williamson

On 06/06/2016 01:58, JackA wrote:
> On Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 8:45:22 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
>> On 6/06/2016 12:53 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>>> PLEASE take these discussions to rec.audio.car which is specifically for
>>> that.
>>> --scott
>>>

>> Narrowmindedness unworthy of you Scot - information that many in our
>> field just might find very useful. Else we might all end up with a 3kHz
>> notch. Far more relevant that much of the discussion here of late.

> You, sir, are one jealous SOB.
>
> But, I agree with you, this topic is ON TOPIC for this, ahem, group.

Tell me the relevance of a subwoofer in a car to the production of audio?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old June 6th 16, 11:54 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 6/06/2016 10:28 PM, John Williamson wrote:
> On 06/06/2016 01:58, JackA wrote:
>>>>

>>> Narrowmindedness unworthy of you Scot - information that many in our
>>> field just might find very useful. Else we might all end up with a 3kHz
>>> notch. Far more relevant that much of the discussion here of late.

>> You, sir, are one jealous SOB.
>>
>> But, I agree with you, this topic is ON TOPIC for this, ahem, group.
>>

> Tell me the relevance of a subwoofer in a car to the production of audio?

Obviously you missed something. A general tip for those who listen to
music in cars to a:increase the enjoyment and more importently
brotect their hearing by enabling the perception of bass without the
alternative often ear-shredding byproducts.

Old June 6th 16, 12:35 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 6:54:43 AM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
> On 6/06/2016 10:28 PM, John Williamson wrote:

> >> You, sir, are one jealous SOB.
> >>
> >> But, I agree with you, this topic is ON TOPIC for this, ahem, group.
> >>

> > Tell me the relevance of a subwoofer in a car to the production of audio?
> >

> Obviously you missed something. A general tip for those who listen to
> music in cars to a:increase the enjoyment and more importently
> brotect their hearing by enabling the perception of bass without the
> alternative often ear-shredding byproducts.
>
> geoff

_________

A humorous analogy to the rolling earthquakes
some vehicles have become due to the gear
packed in them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU

Not something I advocate at all. Or this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSUc4Hsec0w

Ave maria...

!
Old June 6th 16, 01:34 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA

On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 6:28:35 AM UTC-4, John Williamson wrote:
> On 06/06/2016 01:58, JackA wrote:
> >>>

> >> Narrowmindedness unworthy of you Scot - information that many in our
> >> field just might find very useful. Else we might all end up with a 3kHz
> >> notch. Far more relevant that much of the discussion here of late.

> > You, sir, are one jealous SOB.
> >
> > But, I agree with you, this topic is ON TOPIC for this, ahem, group.
> >

> Tell me the relevance of a subwoofer in a car to the production of audio?

Actually, people have used car stereo speakers to mix music, believe it or not!!

Jack

Old June 6th 16, 03:51 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

"JackA" wrote in message

On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 6:28:35 AM UTC-4, John Williamson wrote:
> On 06/06/2016 01:58, JackA wrote:
> >>>

> >> Narrowmindedness unworthy of you Scot - information that many in our
> >> field just might find very useful. Else we might all end up with a 3kHz
> >> notch. Far more relevant that much of the discussion here of late.

> > You, sir, are one jealous SOB.
> >
> > But, I agree with you, this topic is ON TOPIC for this, ahem, group.
> >

> Tell me the relevance of a subwoofer in a car to the production of audio?

Actually, people have used car stereo speakers to mix music, believe it or
not!!

I believe it.
I use an old pair of Minimus 7's for an option for checking my mixes.
I still wish I had my old '74 Dodge van to go with it. But that's another
story.

Poly

Old June 6th 16, 03:58 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA

On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 10:51:20 AM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
> "JackA" wrote in message
>
> On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 6:28:35 AM UTC-4, John Williamson wrote:

> > > You, sir, are one jealous SOB.
> > >
> > > But, I agree with you, this topic is ON TOPIC for this, ahem, group.
> > >

> > Tell me the relevance of a subwoofer in a car to the production of audio?

> Actually, people have used car stereo speakers to mix music, believe it or
> not!!
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>

> I believe it.
> I use an old pair of Minimus 7's for an option for checking my mixes.
> I still wish I had my old '74 Dodge van to go with it. But that's another
> story.

I know what you mean!!!

Anyway, the hit song that was car speaker mixed...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_otNCZ5T2o

Jack

Old June 6th 16, 04:04 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah

> Geoff, check out the previous car audio threads here, all of which have
> devolved into fighting and general abuse.

Why did you find it necessary to qualify this to car audio threads?

Old June 6th 16, 09:15 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 7/06/2016 12:34 AM, JackA wrote:
> On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 6:28:35 AM UTC-4, John Williamson wrote:

>>> You, sir, are one jealous SOB.
>>>
>>> But, I agree with you, this topic is ON TOPIC for this, ahem, group.
>>>

>> Tell me the relevance of a subwoofer in a car to the production of audio?

> Actually, people have used car stereo speakers to mix music, believe it or not!!

I regularly check mixes and masters on car audio, as well as in 3 or 4
other environments.

But I was initially referring to casual listening.