Fair Stereo Mix....

Old April 4th 16, 12:37 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA

Default Fair Stereo Mix....

Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra - Route 66 Theme (1962) Stereo. Mr. Riddle, N..J. born. Strange this is a Capitol Records recording/publication, since this rendition lacks a stereo "center". From a cut-out (bullet hole) DCC CD. Minor (binary?) flaw in the beginning, but far less than the recent remastering of "Vehicle" (Ides Of March), published by Real Gone Music. HD Radio failed because only 15% of society demands/knows high quality sound and this includes the mentors of HD Radio. Sure, HD Radio, beg the FCC for more transmitting power, maybe that will save your failed venture...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...es/route66.mp3

Jack
Old April 5th 16, 02:29 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

"JackA" wrote in message

Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra - Route 66 Theme (1962) Stereo. Mr. Riddle,
N.J. born. Strange this is a Capitol Records recording/publication, since
this rendition lacks a stereo "center". From a cut-out (bullet hole) DCC CD.
Minor (binary?) flaw in the beginning, but far less than the recent
remastering of "Vehicle" (Ides Of March), published by Real Gone Music. HD
Radio failed because only 15% of society demands/knows high quality sound
and this includes the mentors of HD Radio. Sure, HD Radio, beg the FCC for
more transmitting power, maybe that will save your failed venture...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...es/route66.mp3

This was my favorite tune when I was a kid. Loved those piano licks. Great
show too. Still makes me think of the days growing up in sunny California in
the early 60's.

Poly

Old April 5th 16, 06:02 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 9:29:37 AM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
> "JackA" wrote in message
>
> Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra - Route 66 Theme (1962) Stereo. Mr. Riddle,
> N.J. born. Strange this is a Capitol Records recording/publication, since
> this rendition lacks a stereo "center". From a cut-out (bullet hole) DCC CD.
> Minor (binary?) flaw in the beginning, but far less than the recent
> remastering of "Vehicle" (Ides Of March), published by Real Gone Music. HD
> Radio failed because only 15% of society demands/knows high quality sound
> and this includes the mentors of HD Radio. Sure, HD Radio, beg the FCC for
> more transmitting power, maybe that will save your failed venture...
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...es/route66.mp3
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> This was my favorite tune when I was a kid. Loved those piano licks. Great
> show too. Still makes me think of the days growing up in sunny California in
> the early 60's.
>
> Poly

Call me square, but I didn't think much of the TV Show. But, it was nice to hear this song in stereo! Nelson was a trombonist, I think, but not a lot of focus on trombones in this song.

Jack
Old April 5th 16, 07:10 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

"JackA" wrote in message

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 9:29:37 AM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
> "JackA" wrote in message
>
> Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra - Route 66 Theme (1962) Stereo. Mr. Riddle,
> N.J. born. Strange this is a Capitol Records recording/publication, since
> this rendition lacks a stereo "center". From a cut-out (bullet hole) DCC
> CD.
> Minor (binary?) flaw in the beginning, but far less than the recent
> remastering of "Vehicle" (Ides Of March), published by Real Gone Music. HD
> Radio failed because only 15% of society demands/knows high quality sound
> and this includes the mentors of HD Radio. Sure, HD Radio, beg the FCC for
> more transmitting power, maybe that will save your failed venture...
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...es/route66.mp3
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> This was my favorite tune when I was a kid. Loved those piano licks. Great
> show too. Still makes me think of the days growing up in sunny California
> in
> the early 60's.
>
> Poly

Call me square, but I didn't think much of the TV Show. But, it was nice to
hear this song in stereo! Nelson was a trombonist, I think, but not a lot of
focus on trombones in this song.

Nelson wanted to be a trombonist, but stopped playing in his teen years. I
remember him saying something about not being coordinated enough to play the
bone.
I'm betting that's him playing those piano licks since that was his first
instrument.

Poly

Old April 5th 16, 07:23 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 2:10:24 PM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
> "JackA" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 9:29:37 AM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
> > "JackA" wrote in message
> >
> > Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra - Route 66 Theme (1962) Stereo. Mr. Riddle,
> > N.J. born. Strange this is a Capitol Records recording/publication, since
> > this rendition lacks a stereo "center". From a cut-out (bullet hole) DCC
> > CD.
> > Minor (binary?) flaw in the beginning, but far less than the recent
> > remastering of "Vehicle" (Ides Of March), published by Real Gone Music. HD
> > Radio failed because only 15% of society demands/knows high quality sound
> > and this includes the mentors of HD Radio. Sure, HD Radio, beg the FCC for
> > more transmitting power, maybe that will save your failed venture...
> >
> > http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...es/route66.mp3
> > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> > This was my favorite tune when I was a kid. Loved those piano licks. Great
> > show too. Still makes me think of the days growing up in sunny California
> > in
> > the early 60's.
> >
> > Poly

> Call me square, but I didn't think much of the TV Show. But, it was nice to
> hear this song in stereo! Nelson was a trombonist, I think, but not a lot of
> focus on trombones in this song.
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> Nelson wanted to be a trombonist, but stopped playing in his teen years. I
> remember him saying something about not being coordinated enough to play the
> bone.
> I'm betting that's him playing those piano licks since that was his first
> instrument.
>
> Poly

Might me Nelson playing piano, but no mention of it anywhere. But, let's be fair, pretty difficult to compose music on a trombone! :-)

Jack
Old April 5th 16, 07:48 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

"JackA" wrote in message

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 2:10:24 PM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
> "JackA" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 9:29:37 AM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
> > "JackA" wrote in message
> >
> > Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra - Route 66 Theme (1962) Stereo. Mr.
> > Riddle,
> > N.J. born. Strange this is a Capitol Records recording/publication,
> > since
> > this rendition lacks a stereo "center". From a cut-out (bullet hole) DCC
> > CD.
> > Minor (binary?) flaw in the beginning, but far less than the recent
> > remastering of "Vehicle" (Ides Of March), published by Real Gone Music.
> > HD
> > Radio failed because only 15% of society demands/knows high quality
> > sound
> > and this includes the mentors of HD Radio. Sure, HD Radio, beg the FCC
> > for
> > more transmitting power, maybe that will save your failed venture...
> >
> > http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...es/route66.mp3
> > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> > This was my favorite tune when I was a kid. Loved those piano licks.
> > Great
> > show too. Still makes me think of the days growing up in sunny
> > California
> > in
> > the early 60's.
> >
> > Poly

> Call me square, but I didn't think much of the TV Show. But, it was nice
> hear this song in stereo! Nelson was a trombonist, I think, but not a lot
> of
> focus on trombones in this song.
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> Nelson wanted to be a trombonist, but stopped playing in his teen years. I
> remember him saying something about not being coordinated enough to play
> the
> bone.
> I'm betting that's him playing those piano licks since that was his first
> instrument.
>
> Poly

Might me Nelson playing piano, but no mention of it anywhere. But, let's be
fair, pretty difficult to compose music on a trombone! :-)

LOL....btw it was Donn Trenner who played piano in this piece. Found it
he
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/donn-...r-mn0000740674

Poly

Old April 5th 16, 08:39 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 2:48:57 PM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
> "JackA" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 2:10:24 PM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
> > "JackA" wrote in message
> >
> > On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 9:29:37 AM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
> > > "JackA" wrote in message
> > >
> > > Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra - Route 66 Theme (1962) Stereo. Mr.
> > > Riddle,
> > > N.J. born. Strange this is a Capitol Records recording/publication,
> > > since
> > > this rendition lacks a stereo "center". From a cut-out (bullet hole) DCC
> > > CD.
> > > Minor (binary?) flaw in the beginning, but far less than the recent
> > > remastering of "Vehicle" (Ides Of March), published by Real Gone Music.
> > > HD
> > > Radio failed because only 15% of society demands/knows high quality
> > > sound
> > > and this includes the mentors of HD Radio. Sure, HD Radio, beg the FCC
> > > for
> > > more transmitting power, maybe that will save your failed venture...
> > >
> > > http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...es/route66.mp3
> > > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> > > This was my favorite tune when I was a kid. Loved those piano licks.
> > > Great
> > > show too. Still makes me think of the days growing up in sunny
> > > California
> > > in
> > > the early 60's.
> > >
> > > Poly

> > Call me square, but I didn't think much of the TV Show. But, it was nice
> > hear this song in stereo! Nelson was a trombonist, I think, but not a lot
> > of
> > focus on trombones in this song.
> > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> > Nelson wanted to be a trombonist, but stopped playing in his teen years. I
> > remember him saying something about not being coordinated enough to play
> > the
> > bone.
> > I'm betting that's him playing those piano licks since that was his first
> > instrument.
> >
> > Poly

> Might me Nelson playing piano, but no mention of it anywhere. But, let's be
> fair, pretty difficult to compose music on a trombone! :-)
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> LOL....btw it was Donn Trenner who played piano in this piece. Found it
> he
> http://www.allmusic.com/artist/donn-...r-mn0000740674
>
> Poly

Great detective work!! After hearing a great guiatr solo, in Lipstick On Your Collar, I too wanted to know who that great guitarist was - George Barnes.

Jack
Old April 5th 16, 08:50 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

"JackA" wrote in message

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 2:48:57 PM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
> "JackA" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 2:10:24 PM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
> > "JackA" wrote in message
> >
> > On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 9:29:37 AM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
> > > "JackA" wrote in message
> > >
> > > Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra - Route 66 Theme (1962) Stereo. Mr.
> > > Riddle,
> > > N.J. born. Strange this is a Capitol Records recording/publication,
> > > since
> > > this rendition lacks a stereo "center". From a cut-out (bullet hole)
> > > DCC
> > > CD.
> > > Minor (binary?) flaw in the beginning, but far less than the recent
> > > remastering of "Vehicle" (Ides Of March), published by Real Gone
> > > Music.
> > > HD
> > > Radio failed because only 15% of society demands/knows high quality
> > > sound
> > > and this includes the mentors of HD Radio. Sure, HD Radio, beg the FCC
> > > for
> > > more transmitting power, maybe that will save your failed venture...
> > >
> > > http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...es/route66.mp3
> > > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> > > This was my favorite tune when I was a kid. Loved those piano licks.
> > > Great
> > > show too. Still makes me think of the days growing up in sunny
> > > California
> > > in
> > > the early 60's.
> > >
> > > Poly

> > Call me square, but I didn't think much of the TV Show. But, it was nice
> > hear this song in stereo! Nelson was a trombonist, I think, but not a
> > lot
> > of
> > focus on trombones in this song.
> > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> > Nelson wanted to be a trombonist, but stopped playing in his teen years.
> > remember him saying something about not being coordinated enough to play
> > the
> > bone.
> > I'm betting that's him playing those piano licks since that was his
> > first
> > instrument.
> >
> > Poly

> Might me Nelson playing piano, but no mention of it anywhere. But, let's
> be
> fair, pretty difficult to compose music on a trombone! :-)
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> LOL....btw it was Donn Trenner who played piano in this piece. Found it
> he
> http://www.allmusic.com/artist/donn-...r-mn0000740674
>
> Poly

Great detective work!! After hearing a great guiatr solo, in Lipstick On
Your Collar, I too wanted to know who that great guitarist was - George
Barnes.

Ah...Connie!
Another guy I dug was Tony Peluso, especially his solo in the Carpenter's "
Goodbye To Love".

Poly

Old April 5th 16, 08:56 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 3:50:37 PM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
> "JackA" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 2:48:57 PM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
> > "JackA" wrote in message
> >
> > On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 2:10:24 PM UTC-4, polymod wrote:

> > > Call me square, but I didn't think much of the TV Show. But, it was nice
> > > hear this song in stereo! Nelson was a trombonist, I think, but not a
> > > lot
> > > of
> > > focus on trombones in this song.
> > > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> > > Nelson wanted to be a trombonist, but stopped playing in his teen years.
> > > remember him saying something about not being coordinated enough to play
> > > the
> > > bone.
> > > I'm betting that's him playing those piano licks since that was his
> > > first
> > > instrument.
> > >
> > > Poly

> > Might me Nelson playing piano, but no mention of it anywhere. But, let's
> > be
> > fair, pretty difficult to compose music on a trombone! :-)
> > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> > LOL....btw it was Donn Trenner who played piano in this piece. Found it
> > he
> > http://www.allmusic.com/artist/donn-...r-mn0000740674
> >
> > Poly

> Great detective work!! After hearing a great guiatr solo, in Lipstick On
> Your Collar, I too wanted to know who that great guitarist was - George
> Barnes.
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> Ah...Connie!
> Another guy I dug was Tony Peluso, especially his solo in the Carpenter's "
> Goodbye To Love".

Have that, as well as other Carpenter songs, in stereo karaoke (Japan only release)! Yeah, nice solo!!

Jack