OT Joe Walsh

Old February 13th 16, 04:03 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA

Default OT Joe Walsh

> JackA wrote: "Liked Joe, but liked him with The James Gang. But, the root of my music interest is with Big Bands, because most are recorded live and little, if any, instrument amplification is needed and very dynamic sound. I feel, Big Bands became famous since they could fill a large ballroom with sound without the need of high power amplifiers... "
>

> You, JackA, advocating "dynamic sound"?
>

> I don't believe it...

Look, without SOME compression, some, actually, many analog songs will sound a bit lifeless if you don't add compression. I mean, YOU'RE the one who advocates not changing sound. So, do you want dull CD sound or how it sounded on vinyl?

Jack

Old February 13th 16, 05:20 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Look, without SOME compression, some, actually, many analog songs will sound a bit lifeless if you don't add compression. I mean, YOU'RE the one who advocates not changing sound. So, do you want dull CD sound or how it sounded on vinyl?

Jack "

CDs by themselves don't sound "dull". They have the
potential to kick vinyl's ASS spectrum-wise and
dynamics wise. It's up to the client how it ultimately
sounds. Same, to an extent, goes for the vinyl record.

Old February 13th 16, 05:25 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message ...

<snip>

Joe Walsh, looking kind of old, but sober. Sings good, plays guitar good,
seems to be getting on with what he does best.
Which is being Joe Walsh.

I like that.

Joe did some nice playing between segments of an NFL broadcast a couple
years back.
Just him with his axe and an amp, and it took the place of the standard
music beds the league used.

It was wonderful. Always liked his playing and it always amazed me how
distinct his vocal diction was when he sang opposed to his speaking voice.
Same with Ozzy.

Poly

Old February 13th 16, 07:28 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA

That simply isn't true. Fromy my hearing, man had little tools to master with. It wasn't until DAW became a reality is when things began to audio improve on CD. If what you feel is true, vinyl fans would have never returned to it or even had it supllieda. As that participant here mentioned, a profrsssor has to TEACH people what good audio quality is. Even Hitler said, people do not know what is good for them. And watching the Democratic party destroying America, and the world, I can firmly believe it.

Jack
Old February 14th 16, 12:49 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 14/02/2016 7:28 AM, JackA wrote:
> That simply isn't true. Fromy my hearing, man had little tools to
> master with. It wasn't until DAW became a reality is when things
> began to audio improve on CD. If what you feel is true, vinyl fans
> would have never returned to it or even had it supllieda. As that
> participant here mentioned, a profrsssor has to TEACH people what
> good audio quality is. Even Hitler said, people do not know what is
> good for them. And watching the Democratic party destroying America,
> and the world, I can firmly believe it.

Well clearly your hearing is as good as your typing.

Many of those exact same tools are used today (sometimes exclusively) to
master audio for CD or other digital results.

Sure DAWs offer a lot more versatility, range, and amounts of control,
but in the end it's the person doing the job who gets to choose what
they want to use, if the end result pleases whoever is paying the
bills...... maybe occasionally with exceptions. But they can turn down
the job if they feel artistically compromised.

Old February 14th 16, 06:40 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
None

"geoff" > wrote in message

You seem to be trying to talk sense to something that you'd be better
off scraping off your boot-sole on the edge of the curb. You're
attempting to engage, and therefore encouraging, a worthless puddle of
slime that makes common cause with the jack-booted goose-steppers of
early twentieth century Germany, and the hooded cowards in
yellow-stained sheets, of the US from the reconstruction age to the
present-day, among others.

Please don't be like Dorsey. Don't encourage the vermin.

Old February 14th 16, 01:08 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

199.21.136.70

Nameservers:
ns2.vermontel.net >> 216.66.108.34
ns1.vermontel.net >> 216.66.108.26

Continent: North America (NA)
Country: United States (US)
Capital: Washington
State: New Hampshire
City Location: Orford
Postal: 03777
Area: 603
Metro: 523
ISP: Topsham Communications LLC
Old February 14th 16, 02:37 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
None

< thekma @ ****4brains.com > wrote in message

Are you stalking me again Theckma, you retarded dumb****? Not really;
maybe you're stalking some server that my post passed through, but
you're obviously too retarded to understand. Guess again!

But since you posted about me again, I'll just call you a brainless
cretin with the intellect of a gopher. I figure you want me to call
you a shortbus dumb****, or you wouldn't be stalking me. Theckma, the
dorkless doofus, I know you like being called names like that. It
enrages you, but you secretly love it, or you wouldn't be stalking me.

is it hard to drink your juice box and eat your cookie with that
retard hockey-helmet? Well tough ****, li'l buddy. It's there to
protect the other kids from being hit by that useless block of granite
on your neck. With the blank stare of a retard on the front, and small
deposit of horse **** inside instead of a brain.

CKWAFA. AOCASBDFRWAHH!

Old February 14th 16, 04:19 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
None

"None" > wrote in message
> < thekma @ ****4brains.com > wrote in message

Did you delete your post from gurgle groups? You're probably too
****ing stupid to know that your post went out to all the actual news
servers, and the whole world can read it. Just not the dim bulbs and
dumb ****s like you who think usenet is part of gurgle, and who think
deleting a post from gurgle groups makes it go away.

Nope. Now get back on the short bus!

WAFSBMYA. Right, li'l buddy?

Old February 14th 16, 11:26 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
david gourley[_2_]

"polymod" > said...news:dOIvy.39203$VC3.18403
@fx25.iad:

@fx33.am4...

> <snip>
>
> Joe Walsh, looking kind of old, but sober. Sings good, plays guitar

good,
> seems to be getting on with what he does best.
> Which is being Joe Walsh.
>
> I like that.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>

> Joe did some nice playing between segments of an NFL broadcast a couple
> years back.
> Just him with his axe and an amp, and it took the place of the standard
> music beds the league used.
>
> It was wonderful. Always liked his playing and it always amazed me how
> distinct his vocal diction was when he sang opposed to his speaking

voice.
> Same with Ozzy.
>
> Poly

He was really good when he was a guest this past year on "Live From Daryl's
House." It's probably on YouTube, highly recommended.

david

Ohm Walsh speakers Audio Opinions 10 December 8th 05 05:44 PM
Ohm's With the Walsh Driver Bob Cain Tech 4 September 5th 04 10:18 AM
Ohm's With the Walsh Driver Bob Cain Pro Audio 8 September 5th 04 10:18 AM
Ohm's With the Walsh Driver Bob Cain Pro Audio 0 September 5th 04 12:35 AM
WTB: Ohm Walsh F ReEfErMaDnEsS Marketplace 4 February 22nd 04 05:19 AM