Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Cathode resistors in Ultra Linear output??

Hi Group:
I'm working on an output stage of a FIXED BIAS output stage, UL, using
KT88's.
According to the data sheet on the KT88, they recommend separate cathode
resistors.
I've seen values in other designs ranging from 0 ohms to 470 ohms! How is
the value derived?
I'm using individual bias pots for each tube. The OP transformer will be
4.3K @ 43% UL taps.
I've read through all the books I have and can't find any discussions on the
subject.
I would like to be able to intelligently work this out.
Any help appreciated.

BTW
All of you have a great Christmas!

RonL