Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Walker Walker is offline

Default CD player static buildup

I have a Dynaco CDV-2 tube output CD player. It builds up what seems to be a
static charge and when I tap the case it discharges. As long as I do it
every two or three CDs it's not a problem and doesn't affect the playback
otherwise. I've ruled out the tubes and am wondering if anyone has had this
problem and what they did to resolve it. I'm close to taking off the cover
and wiggling things to look for the obvious.

I also have a Dynaco CDV-1 that occasionally drops out for a split second
and only does it once every couple of CDs. It's also a minor annoyance and
neither really takes away from the enjoyment of listening but these are
things that I'd like to get resolved and try to rule out the simple things
before paying a tech $$$ to tell me that it's a loose connection.

Thank you.

Bob Walker
www.walker-entertainment.com

Static sound from my amp chakagar Pro Audio 4 June 21st 07 12:29 AM
Bad static Moxious Audio Opinions 1 April 21st 06 09:24 AM
OT - Static problem Geoff Wood Pro Audio 7 September 17th 05 06:08 PM
Name that static [email protected] Pro Audio 21 July 13th 05 03:17 PM
Sirius Static! Cindy Tech 18 December 30th 03 01:40 AM