Chris

Default Bose high pass filter

I have a customer that wants to add an additional Bose cube speaker as a
center rear. What value capacitor should I use as a high pass filter since
it will have to connect directly to the receiver?

Yes I know Bose sucks big time.

Thanks

Chris

Sander deWaal

"Chris" said:

I have a customer that wants to add an additional Bose cube speaker as a
center rear. What value capacitor should I use as a high pass filter since
it will have to connect directly to the receiver?

10....22 uF 50 V bipolar electrolytic.
Add a resistor of 22 ohms/3W across the speaker after the cap.

Yes I know Bose sucks big time.

So does this solution :-)

--
Sander deWaal