Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default Marantz PMD430

How does one put the PMD430 into record mode?

I assumed that one would either press the Red button alone, or the Red
and Green togtether, but either I'm wrong or therone I'm tyring to help
a friend with isn't working.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Nov 8, 3:35 pm, (hank alrich) wrote:
How does one put the PMD430 into record mode?

I assumed that one would either press the Red button alone, or the Red
and Green togtether

It's supposed to work like a normal recorder. Hold down the red
(Record) button while pressing the green (Play) button. If that
doesn't make it work, it's broken.

Or it may be that you're trying to enter Record without a cassette
inserted, or with a cassette with the write-protect tab punched out.

Manual at http://www.d-mpro.com/users/getdownl...DownloadID=119

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Mike Rivers wrote:

On Nov 8, 3:35 pm, (hank alrich) wrote:
How does one put the PMD430 into record mode?

I assumed that one would either press the Red button alone, or the Red
and Green togtether

It's supposed to work like a normal recorder. Hold down the red
(Record) button while pressing the green (Play) button. If that
doesn't make it work, it's broken.

That's what I tried. Seemed to just put it into Play mode. It'll be back
here Saturday.

Or it may be that you're trying to enter Record without a cassette
inserted, or with a cassette with the write-protect tab punched out.

Had a tape in it and chekced the tabs. All in place, but still no go.

Manual at http://www.d-mpro.com/users/getdownl...DownloadID=119

Hey, now, THANKS, Mike.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam

SCD-DVD-A-Hooking up Marantz DVD 8400 to Marantz AV 9000 preamp AL High End Audio 4 December 20th 05 04:01 AM
Marantz jim Audio Opinions 1 January 11th 05 02:25 PM
wtb Marantz 9 Ray Howell Marketplace 0 December 16th 04 11:58 PM
Marantz PM4000 V Marantz PM57 sheddy Audio Opinions 0 September 8th 03 12:55 PM
Marantz PM4000 v Marantz PM57 sheddy Tech 0 September 5th 03 01:31 PM