Zeitgeist

Default best place for car audio?

I ordered from Crutchfield.Com before but a place like
http://www.hookedontronics.com/ has unbelievable wholesale prices...
but I am not sure if it is a "sketchy" place to buy from. They have
cards for a MobileToys install network which seems decent because they
can be
used at a nice audio shop for cars in my city.

Any opinions? The prices are like 50% off retail; so i'm concerned but
auwed.

Thanks

Marcus

"Zeitgeist" wrote in message ...
I ordered from Crutchfield.Com before but a place like
http://www.hookedontronics.com/ has unbelievable wholesale prices...
but I am not sure if it is a "sketchy" place to buy from. They have
cards for a MobileToys install network which seems decent because they
can be
used at a nice audio shop for cars in my city.

Any opinions? The prices are like 50% off retail; so i'm concerned but
auwed.

Thanks

Ordered two Pioneer subs and recieved them promptly and in fine shape
from discountavenue.net Also know a friend who ordered a head unit
and mid range speakers from the site and was pleased with them.
Amazing prices.
Vestax05pro

You pay for authorized and legit services. You also pay for unauthorized
and poor customer service, in a bad way if something goes wrong.
--
Vestax05pro
Vestax05pro's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...hp?userid=7766

Scott Gardner

Yep, you have to decide for yourself if it's worth it. Over the
years, I've bought a lot of electronics that didn't come with a
factory warranty, and the savings have added up to the point where
even if something breaks and I have to eat the entire cost of a
replacement, I'm still coming out way ahead in terms of total dollars
spent. I'm not quite as brave with big-ticket items, though. If I
spend $2000 on a component, I'd probably pay the extra money and get
it from an authorized dealer for the factory warranty.

Scott Gardner

AUDIO FILE EDIT: HELP PLS! DL General 2 February 22nd 04 12:05 AM
Crazy market saturation! CatalystX Car Audio 48 February 12th 04 10:18 AM
Audio Source vs. Cambridge Audio vs. NAD vs. Adcom Mark General 8 August 5th 03 07:39 PM
-Ultimate Audio Reviews Online- Steven R. Rochlin General 0 August 5th 03 05:21 PM
gps install: how to mix its audio (voice prompting) with head unit audio-out? bryan Car Audio 0 July 3rd 03 05:46 PM